Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Yea against the bucks that 2 point guard line up may not be the best. Because then who's guarding Giannis? Demar? They probably put Serge on him, but I don't really like Serge guarding perimeter players. I guess he would at least be better than Demar though.
    The Bucks hit on 13 of 27 from 3 against the raps.... including a stretch of 6 in a row.... and won.
    Today.. they went 7 for 26 against the Pelicans and lost.....

They go in.. you win... You miss you lose....Funny how that works eh ?
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Actually, after looking at Boston's remaining games their schedule isn't THAT much harder than ours. They look to play more away games but the level of the teams they play aren't much harder than ours in my opinion.
      Boston has had a mediocre win % for some time now, they are not winning games at the same clip as the Raptors anymore.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I've been saying since the trades - Cleveland is thin, that's Lebron + scrubs.

He'll be tough to beat in the playoffs, but the Raptors have to believe their top to bottom talent can overwhelm Cleveland’s thin lineup.

Thin is an understatement....
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          The Bucks hit on 13 of 27 from 3 against the raps.... including a stretch of 6 in a row.... and won.

Yup. That's why favourites usually win best of 7's compared to single game eliminations like March Madness.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

This is true. But you're going to have games where you don't shoot the ball well, especially us since we aren't a good 3 point shooting team. So we need to learn how to win those kinds of games . That's when attention to detail, shot selection and defence really becomes even more important.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about the Bucks loss. A series with them will likely be the same as last year....maybe a bit tighter than we'd like, but 6 games max
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

This is true. But you're going to have games where you don't shoot the ball well, especially us since we aren't a good 3 point shooting team. So we need to learn how to win those kinds of games . That's when attention to detail, shot selection and defence really becomes even more important.
                and no other teams in the nba have these problems.... just the one here.. north of the 49th parallel ? the one in first place with about 24 games to go...with a point differential of close to 8 pts... those are the guys that need to check under the euphamistic bed at night ... cmon man...
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Feb 25, 2018, 10:26 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• Anyone see the Spurs-Cavs? From the box score it looks like a solid start to finish win by the Spurs with most of Lebron's supporting cast disappointing him. He blamed the refs. I was flying back from Phoenix where I saw Lillard and Booker go head to head in the fourth quarter with the little man coming out on top. The Raptors are so much more fun to watch than either of those teams. But then I'm biased.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    Anyone see the Spurs-Cavs? From the box score it looks like a solid start to finish win by the Spurs with most of Lebron's supporting cast disappointing him. He blamed the refs. I was flying back from Phoenix where I saw Lillard and Booker go head to head in the fourth quarter with the little man coming out on top. The Raptors are so much more fun to watch than either of those teams. But then I'm biased.
                    I didn't, but anytime I check the box score and see Lebron had a near triple double with 30+ points and still lost, I am a happy man.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

and no other teams in the nba have these problems.... just the one here.. north of the 49th parallel ? the one in first place with about 24 games to go...with a point differential of close to 8 pts... those are the guys that need to check under the euphamistic bed at night ... cmon man...
                      I don't really know if other teams have this problem but I do know we are at the bottom half of the league in 3 point percentage. So we will probably have a good bit of games where the 3 isn't falling compared to other playoff teams in the east. If not shooting the ball well is going to be our excuse as to why we lose we may not get very far come playoff time. I have confidence in this team and I believe we can beat anybody in the East but I just think learning how to win when shots aren't falling and playing better in the clutch are two things we must improve on. Oh and rebounding obviously. If we were a really good 3 point shooting team it wouldn't bother me as much but the reality is we're not and shooting nights like against the bucks will happen more often than not. Still have to win those games.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        Anyone see the Spurs-Cavs? From the box score it looks like a solid start to finish win by the Spurs with most of Lebron's supporting cast disappointing him. He blamed the refs. I was flying back from Phoenix where I saw Lillard and Booker go head to head in the fourth quarter with the little man coming out on top. The Raptors are so much more fun to watch than either of those teams. But then I'm biased.
                        Man Dame is something else, he puts his team on his back. If he ever wants out of Portland Masai needs to throw everything at portland to get this guy, Lillard + DeMar is deadly. We'd finally have a clutch finisher to put us over the top

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Man Dame is something else, he puts his team on his back. If he ever wants out of Portland Masai needs to throw everything at portland to get this guy, Lillard + DeMar is deadly. We'd finally have a clutch finisher to put us over the top
                          Don't get to see enough of him. His shot looked DEADLY in the all-star game.
                          He was the best offensive player on the floor from my vantage point.

Comment

I don't really know if other teams have this problem but I do know we are at the bottom half of the league in 3 point percentage....If we were a really good 3 point shooting team it wouldn't bother me as much but the reality is we're not and shooting nights like against the bucks will happen more often than not. Still have to win those games.
                            As has been pointed out in another thread, if you remove the three pointers taken (and missed) by Pascal and Norm, the Raptors would rank 6th in 3 point percentage. The obvious strategy in the playoffs is for those two not to shoot the three pointer. That will hardly affect the Raptors offense at all, given their other strengths.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              As has been pointed out in another thread, if you remove the three pointers taken (and missed) by Pascal and Norm, the Raptors would rank 6th in 3 point percentage. The obvious strategy in the playoffs is for those two not to shoot the three pointer. That will hardly affect the Raptors offense at all, given their other strengths.
                              The other interesting thing that I remember seeing somewhere in the past couple of weeks is that Pascal developing a three-point shot is both a personal and team developmental goal, and that he's been given a green light (during the regular season, anyway) to shoot those threes. I don't think that either Pascal or the team will have any problem with him cutting back on his three-point shooting for the playoffs.

That said, Miles can be streaky, so we should still count on at least one game per series where we're not hitting the percentage on threes we'd like to.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                                The other interesting thing that I remember seeing somewhere in the past couple of weeks is that Pascal developing a three-point shot is both a personal and team developmental goal, and that he's been given a green light (during the regular season, anyway) to shoot those threes. I don't think that either Pascal or the team will have any problem with him cutting back on his three-point shooting for the playoffs.

That said, Miles can be streaky, so we should still count on at least one game per series where we're not hitting the percentage on threes we'd like to.
                                Meh. In our 20 worst 3-point shooting games this year, we are 10-10, with wins against WAS, PHI, MIL, MIN and IND. We can win shooting poorly.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X