Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I mean even the all-time greats like Shaq. NBA playoffs are a strange beast. I was thinking of Magic, of course, but that Lakers team would have been great even without him. It took Jordan four years to win a round. Kobe is N/A on this and so is Bird. Lebron is probably the closest.

I'm not saying Philly can't make a run. I don't think any of their potential first round opponents are a Finals quality Pacers team (in Shaq's case) but getting by the top 3: Raps, Celts and Cavs, is a very different story than beating the Pacers or Wizards.
    Yeah, I can see Philly winning in the first round, especially if they get Indiana or Washington, but I can't see them making it past the second (if they get there)
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'd like to know what the deepest any NBA team has gotten in the 1st postseason run for a core as young as Philly's. In terms of GP, the entire core is essentially rookies. It virtually always takes a 1 or 2 cracks at the playoffs before a team runs deep, even for teams anchored by guys like LBJ or MJ.
      In terms of age they aren't quite as young because Embiid and Simmons basically redshirted.

Their average age by minutes played is 25.7 yrs old... The only team not mentioned yet is the 79-80 Lakers, which was 26.2 years old and featured a rookie Magic, sophomore Cooper, and 3rd-year Nixon. Jamaal Wilkes was 26 and the only truly seasoned vet was KAJ, who was 32.

Not a great comp for Philly because KAJ is arguably top-3 all time, but I'd guess that that's probably the second-winningest young team after the Trail Blazers, who were 24.5 when they won the title.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        The team that instantly pops to mind is the 76-77 Blazers which won the title. Lucas, Walton and Hollins were all really young and they had not made the playoffs until that season.

Modern NBA, I'm having trouble. The Rose-led Bulls made an ECF run with a pretty young corps. The Cavs went to the Finals early in Lebron's career but that was a veteran team outside of James. Probably that OKC team referenced above would be the prime example in recent history?
        Bill Walton greatest centre of all time don’t @ me.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Bill Walton greatest centre of all time don’t @ me.
          Is this like that time you said Jimmy butler is better than kecom Durant

Keon never forgets don't @ me
          Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Mar 28, 2018, 04:58 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Is like that time you said Jimmy butler is better than kecom Durant

Keon never forgets don't @ me
            In my defence, that was before KD turned into a two way monster and when Jimmy was definitely the best defender in the league next to maybe Kawhi. And Jimmy had as much success in the playoffs as KD did before going out west. In fact, Jimmy would have beat Lebron if not for that crazy shot LBJ hit in game 4 where the bulls would have been up 3-1 on the cavs. Let me ask you this: 5 seconds left down two, who do you go to? Anyone in the league? Unless it’s Lebron for a layup, I’m going with Damian Lillard or Jimmy Butler over KD. Steph over KD as well.

Comment

• Haven't found a single team that has made a deep playoff run with their leading scorer having zero playoff experience

Comment

• Eastern Conference Playoff Seeding Derby - Like Nascar they are 4 Abreast Roaring down the Straight

Knicks into Philly The tanking as fast as they can Knicks come to visit this weeks most dangerous team in the East... The Hinkies. WIth a win and NewLook loss the Hinkies will somehow overtake last weeks most dangerous team in the East, the Zach Lowe certified "unstoppable" NewLooks for 3rd place. The Hinkies are amped up and are loving it... The Knicks for context are about as interested in this game tonight as Kathy Wynne is interested in fiscal restraint in her latest budget.... Hinkies devour an orange and blue cupcake. Hinkies W.

NewLooks into Charlotte Strangely enough Micheal Jordan will not be available to kiss Lebrons ass as he gets off the bus tonight at the Hive. Funny that eh ? The NewLooks, after looking like they mailed one in last night to Miami to give them leverage on where they land in the standings derby, suit up tonight against the suddenly potent Kemba Walker (where was this when games mattered Kemba ?) and the rumblin..stumblin bumblin Hornets. Dwight Howard will give the Hornets rim protection against Lebrons drives and Walker is heating up when it doesn't matter. Add to that ... Kevin Love will not play tonight which hampers the NewLooks offense. Nothing is going to change that defense. Still .. the NewLooks even on a back to back find a way to win to hold off the Hinkies and keep their options open and remain firmly in 3rd place (by half a game) for another night. NewLooks W.

Chowderheads pay a vist to the Mormons Travelling with their full compliment of smoke machines and full length mirrors the plucky warriors from Boston finish up a 4 game road trip in Salt Lake City. Safe to say they weren't out on the town last night unless they were binging on Postum. The Jazz have a few things going for them tonight. They can move 2.5 games in front of the Clips in the equally intense battle for the playoffs out west.....They have been at home resting since Sunday and with one of the leagues best defenses could really flumox the toothless offense of the Chowders without Kyrie Irving. The Chowders are plucky though.. really really plucky and have used the smoke machine and mirrors to win the first 3 of the roadie. ... Should be a good watch as Rozier and Mitchell have at it.... Rudy Gobert will make life miserable at the rim for Jaylen Brown and Al Horford and Joe Ingles and Aaron Baynes can share Kangaroo stories..... Jazz need it more.... Jazz W.

Edit...Joel Embiid was the recipient of a Sweet Daddy Siki CoCo Bonk from teammate Markell Fultz and has left the game. Looks like concussion protocol for Embiid.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Mar 28, 2018, 09:32 PM. Reason: Knicks draw close at the half
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Comment

• Watching a bit of the Hornets/Cavs game, I'm glad I'm not a Hornets fan - just awful decision-making on the offensive end.

Comment

• LeBron is the real MVP imo, not Harden.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        LeBron is the real MVP imo, not Harden.
                        Nah hardens been robbed already. This is his year and deservedly so, bro they're like 61-14 And he's the only all star (I know cp)
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Come Utah! You lazy bunch! Beat the Celtics!!

Comment

• This dude seem to really care about that franchise. Would really suck to see him in a different uniform next year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Come Utah! You lazy bunch! Beat the Celtics!!
                              It's amazing how Boston is competitive with literally anyone on the floor lol

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                It's amazing how Boston is competitive with literally anyone on the floor lol
                                Raps should be ashamed, we got everyone healthy yet we don't play as hard with our starting unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X