Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I dont give credit cause it's not that impressive to me. Raps are 6-4 with a tougher schedule. I think Raps would be 10-2 with that schedule. With all his hype Steven still hasn't done anything Casey hasnt in his NBA career. Both good coaches. Neither of them is a great coach though.

P.s. fuck the Celtics

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Well except coach his team to the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Comment

• 56>53
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I dont give credit cause it's not that impressive to me. Raps are 6-4 with a tougher schedule. I think Raps would be 10-2 with that schedule. With all his hype Steven still hasn't done anything Casey hasnt in his NBA career. Both good coaches. Neither of them is a great coach though.

P.s. fuck the Celtics

Brad stevens is definitely a great coach. I love how usually your #1 argument is "I'll take the word of an nba coach/gm/player/popcorn vendor over you" and yet despite admiration and praise industry wide you still maintain "stevens is meh, cause Christian says so"
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          56>53
          1st > 3rd

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            1st > 3rd
            Yes, but total wins seems more indicative of a coach's prowess, than seeding.

Hey Pop, the Spurs were only a 2 seed last year (with 61 wins). Brad Stevens wins because the Celtics were 1st (53 wins).
            Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Nov 9, 2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Yes, but total wins seems more indicative of a coach's prowess, than seeding.

Hey Pop, the Spurs were only a 2 seed last year (with 61 wins). Brad Stevens wins because the Celtics were 1st (53 wins).
              Both total wins and seeding are simplistic and dumb. Brad stevens is a great coach when you actually dive in deeper and research.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Both total wins and seeding are simplistic and dumb. Brad stevens is a great coach when you actually dive in deeper and research.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Yes. Hard factual research. Like kyrie irving does

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Defense is not mostly effort. Defense is effort, gameplan/IQ, skill and physical attributes with a little bit of luck mixed in. If defense was just effort, Jose Calderon would've been an excellent defender. Dude tried his ass off and was still terrible because he lacked the skill and physical capabilities to defend well.
                    Team D is about effort.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      The Lepraturds have come out of the gate very very well. 10 in a row is an exceptional feat and should not be seen as lucky.
                      As is the nature of sports nothing lasts forever and the Chowderheads will return to the mean. These are not the Warriors. For all the reasons in the original post to kick this off Boston is not going sustain this early season run.

Hayward is done. Horford has sat a game and may have to sit more. The schedule has been favourable so far in terms of travel and strength of schedule. The rookies haven’t played like rookies. Regression to the mean begins Sunday.
                      It's weird how we always seem to catch teams with key players missing.
                      Sixers - Embiid
                      Spurs - Leonard
                      Wizards - Wall
                      Celtics - probably Horford, Tatum (and Hayward)

Celtics will fall back to earth but are clearly demonstrating good resilience in the face of adversity. On a side note I just realized that there if RJ Barrett drops out of first overall in 2019, he could land in Boston, as Boston will own the better of Sacramento/Philly picks (protected for pick 1).

If that happens just end me fam.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Team D is about effort.
                        No it's not just about effort. Effort is only part of it. Gameplan, skill, physical attributes weigh in heavily.

You can keep pretending defense at the NBA level is just a matter of trying hard or not, it isn't.

Comment

No it's not just about effort. Effort is only part of it. Gameplan, skill, physical attributes weigh in heavily.

You can keep pretending defense at the NBA level is just a matter of trying hard or not, it isn't.
                          Boxing out, fighting screens, running back, keeping focus helps alot. Just one guy not doing those things causes defensive breakdowns. With teams loading up outside and moving away from iso ball, team effort becomes really important

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Boxing out, fighting screens, running back, keeping focus helps alot. Just one guy not doing those things causes defensive breakdowns. With teams loading up outside and moving away from iso ball, team effort becomes really important
                            Again I didn't say effort doesn't matter. But if you think effort is all that matters you're wrong. The difference between a top defensive team and an average one is not effort. It's scheme, ability, athleticism AND effort.

Comment

Again I didn't say effort doesn't matter. But if you think effort is all that matters you're wrong. The difference between a top defensive team and an average one is not effort. It's scheme, ability, athleticism AND effort.
                              Heres an interesting article regardibg the TWolves and

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2017/1...-can-be-fixed/

TWolves are interesting because they have two great defenders in Gibson and Butler a great defensive coach and lanky guys but crap D thus far

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Brad stevens is definitely a great coach. I love how usually your #1 argument is "I'll take the word of an nba coach/gm/player/popcorn vendor over you" and yet despite admiration and praise industry wide you still maintain "stevens is meh, cause Christian says so"
                                I didn't say meh. I said good. I have a hard time calling a coach great who hasn't even been to the NBA finals yet.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X