Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me crazy but I see Philly beating Boston given the chance.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      That's a pretty big if, considering prior to this season Embiid had played in 31 games and missed 215, and Simmons had played in 0 and missed 82
      Well if that continues their screwed but I just have this feeling they'll be fine injury wise. They're very young players, they recover quicker and better
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Demo Shift as usually making zero sense. The Sixers aren't supposed to be an elite team right now. They have two guys who look like almost certain superstars in this league if they stay healthy. That's the point of the project that Hinkie undertook. Plus we have no idea how good Fultz could be when he gets healthy.

They'll be a tough out for one of the top seeds in the playoffs if they get in, and they have the highest ceiling going forward of any team in the Eastern Conference.
        Certain superstars? That's a pretty subjective term, but I don't see much in the way of certainty (especially when you bring health into the equation) they will become top 10 players.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Demo Shift as usually making zero sense. The Sixers aren't supposed to be an elite team right now. They have two guys who look like almost certain superstars in this league if they stay healthy. That's the point of the project that Hinkie undertook. Plus we have no idea how good Fultz could be when he gets healthy.

They'll be a tough out for one of the top seeds in the playoffs if they get in, and they have the highest ceiling going forward of any team in the Eastern Conference.
          Jeez.. you still reading my stuff... I thought I got put on ignore and double secret probation when you stomped away in a huff the last time. Glad to see you back and in full self righteous form.

Yes.. the Sixers are far from being an elite team. Quite far. They also look to be on the cusp of simply being a playoff team. Others may disagree but until Embiid and red shirt freshman Simmons actually finish a full season and help get their team into the playoffs you might hold off on the adhoc conveyance of the rank of NBA superstar.

Two superstars.. even two superstars in waiting should be able to get a team to the playoffs... no ?
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 18, 2017, 06:47 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            In defense of Philly's record, they've played all 4 games vs GSW and Houston already plus 2 vs Cavs, 2 vs C's and the one game with us. Only 1 win in Houston to show for it. 13-6 vs rest of the league.
            Tough sledding for sure.... but that 13 and 6 record against teams who are not in the top echelon of the league is why I have them sliding into the playoffs somewhere between 6 and 8...

They have to beat out the Knicks and the Heat for 8. While not a given they should be able to hold off the Knicks. The Heat .. don't discount what Eric Spoelstra can get out of that team. They could nudge the Hinkies back to the lottery.

To get a better seeding than 8 they are going to have to be more consistent than the Pacers and PIstons who are playing pretty good ball and look to be season long legit.

Things of course can change with unforseen injuries or flat spots from any of those 5 teams.

If only linear progression seamlessly moved from the theoretical to the actual in the NBA the Hinkies would be a team to be reckoned with. As it stands... they are currently in 10th spot and in a dog fight to make the playoffs regardless of what my good friend the monk says.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 18, 2017, 06:51 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Tough sledding for sure.... but that 13 and 6 record against teams who are not in the top echelon of the league is why I have them sliding into the playoffs somewhere between 6 and 8...

They have to beat out the Knicks and the Heat for 8. While not a given they should be able to hold off the Knicks. The Heat .. don't discount what Eric Spoelstra can get out of that team. They could nudge the Hinkies back to the lottery.

To get a better seeding than 8 they are going to have to be more consistent than the Pacers and PIstons who are playing pretty good ball and look to be season long legit.

Things of course can change with unforseen injuries or flat spots from any of those 5 teams.
              Not disagreeing, 6-8 sounds about right, I just mentioned that since their SOS has been the 2nd toughest in the league.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Embiid and Simmons are good players. Simmons needs to learn how to shoot, and Embiid needs to learn how to avoid rest games. They each have flaws. Of course they can improve and/or get healthy. But it's too early to call them super stars.

If we have nobody that can stop Embiid or Simmons well then they have nobody that can stop KL or DD. And Kyle I'm sure would love playing in Philly in the playoffs.

Only team I'm worried about for the first round is Washington.. and that's because they have some voodoo power over the Raps that was created during that sweep a couple of seasons back.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Not disagreeing, 6-8 sounds about right, I just mentioned that since their SOS has been the 2nd toughest in the league.
                  Still a long way to go.. the schedule evens out for everyone.... Lets see if the can make hay when the sun shines when they get the opportunity now that they are done with Houston/GSW...Still have SA and a few against us/Cavs/Chowderheads.....

7up and 7 down on the road says they have some chops as a team.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 18, 2017, 06:56 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. Even with their record right now they could definitely beat us in a playoff series, mainly because we have no one who can guard Simmons or Embiid. They will definitely be superstars in this league no question. In the future there is no question they will be better than us unless as you said they get injured.
                    Well first they have to actually get to the playoffs to beat the anyone let alone the Raptors....
                    Right now they are in 10th.

Be quite the trick to take out a playoff team if your not in them.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 18, 2017, 07:10 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

Well first they have to get to the playoffs to beat the Raptors or anyone....
                      Right now they are in 10th.

Be quite the trick to take out a playoff team if your not in them.
                      This is true. But I really do think they'll make it
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This is true. But I really do think they'll make it
                        So how to you bridge the thought that a team that may or may not make the playoffs would dust a team seeded in the top 2 or 3 of the conference...
                        - TGO

Comment

So how to you bridge the thought that a team that may or may not make the playoffs would dust a team seeded in the top 2 or 3 of the conference...
                          It's more matchups. It's not always about record and standings. Sometimes a team that may be worse than you have your number for whatever reason. I just think the matchup isn't good. But overall I do think at this current moment we are the better team. We shall see. I don't think they would dust our team for sure. I'm just saying it isn't as unlikely as some think and I wouldn't be shocked if they did beat us.

Comment

It's more matchups. It's not always about record and standings. Sometimes a team that may be worse than you have your number for whatever reason. I just think the matchup isn't good. But overall I do think at this current moment we are the better team. We shall see. I don't think they would dust our team for sure. I'm just saying it isn't as unlikely as some think and I wouldn't be shocked if they did beat us.

Think the Raps are something along the lines of 16 and 2 against the Hinkies over the past 4 or 5 years....so its not that they have the Dinos number or anything.

Is it the overall matchup or is there a specific matchup(s) that is pushing you back over the line to the dark and fearful GLF ?

Embiid is good and should win his personal matchup over JV and Poeltl...
                            Do you think the Philly guys might be just a little concerned about their personal matchups with Lowry, Derozan and Ibalka ?
                            How their bench stacks up against the Raptor bench ?
                            I used to read a lot of how playoff experience matters (when the Raps didn't have much).... the Hinkies don't have much outside of JJ Reddick and Amir.

Its sports.. I get anything can happen....but thats a lot of happening for the Hinkies...
                            - TGO

Comment

Think the Raps are something along the lines of 16 and 2 against the Hinkies over the past 4 or 5 years....so its not that they have the Dinos number or anything.

Is it the overall matchup or is there a specific matchup(s) that is pushing you back over the line to the dark and fearful GLF ?

Embiid is good and should win his personal matchup over JV and Poeltl...
                              Do you think the Philly guys might be just a little concerned about their personal matchups with Lowry, Derozan and Ibalka ?
                              How their bench stacks up against the Raptor bench ?
                              I used to read a lot of how playoff experience matters (when the Raps didn't have much).... the Hinkies don't have much outside of JJ Reddick and Amir.

Its sports.. I get anything can happen....but thats a lot of happening for the Hinkies...
                              This is true. I guess I just think Embiid and Simmons are good enough that if they go off they can beat us with just those two. But maybe I'm putting a little too much into how good those two players are. I also think its me just not believing in Demar and Kyle come playoff time. Demar and Kyle SHOULD give Philly trouble but WILL they is another question.

Comment

• Bogdanovich just tossed the game away to the Celtics.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X