Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's about birth of hip hop and 80s hip hop. So it's a little corny like Breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo corny
    Lol, ok....maybe I'll save it for a REALLY bored day.

Comment

• It's like a hip hop Grease. @Shaolin I thought you got the name from the Wu-Tang name generator... I'm kind of disappointed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        How is "The Get Down" anyway? It's on my Netflix queue, but heard it got cancelled.
        It's not very good. It had tons of potential w/ the setting + material but they blew it.

Try Wild Style or The Seven Five or Do the Right Thing. First 2 aren't on Netflix right now but I think they both have been. I watched The Seven Five a couple months ago.

Wild Style is the original documentary The Get Down basically knocks off and turns into a drama.

The Seven Five is a good look at how crazy corrupt 70's/80's era NYC was.

I'm always down for 80's Spike Lee.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I really liked the first set of episodes of The Get Down and hated the second set, where it just seemed to go off the rails IMO.

Comment

• Joel Embiid sits again tonight.

The best part time superstar in the league.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Joel Embiid sits again tonight.

The best part time superstar in the league.
              Legitimately laughed out loud at this

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• A distinct lack of noise in the Wells Fargo centre as the Hinkies leak oil then blow a piston going down the stretch coughing up a 16 point lead in the process. The team with the highest ceiling of anyone in the east..bar none..cuz I said so (see post 853 in this thread for the owner of this claim) have now dropped a pair on consecutive nights to the Bulls and Kings. Ouch.

Year six of the process continues on. Be patient.
                - TGO

Comment

A distinct lack of noise in the Wells Fargo centre as the Hinkies leak oil then blow a piston going down the stretch coughing up a 16 point lead in the process. The team with the highest ceiling of anyone in the east..bar none..cuz I said so (see post 853 in this thread for the owner of this claim) have now dropped a pair on consecutive nights to the Bulls and Kings. Ouch.

Year six of the process continues on. Be patient.
                  But they're so much better with a healthy Embiid. And is there any reason to think he won't be fully healthy if they make the playoffs....
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    But they're so much better with a healthy Embiid. And is there any reason to think he won't be fully healthy if they make the playoffs....
                    And therein lies one honking big elephant in the room eh...Will this guy ever be healthy.

With a bad back and stress fractures in his feet he misses the first two years. O.K. shit happens. He’s a talent it’s the chance you take when a prospect like him falls to you at 3.
                    Year 3 sees him shut down with a knee problem..Ok more bad luck..it’ll even out.
                    Year 4 he has played in about 75 - 80% of the games but he is back on the sidelines again... with ugh..cold shiver...back soreness ....which kept him out in years 1 and 2.

He will be 24 when the season ends.... Guys usually start to miss time as they approach the mid term of their careers....

A big man with a bad back..troublesome knees ...and surgically repaired feet who is going to likely put on more weight as he matures and that in turn puts more strain on those injuries.

If Philly says they aren’t even a bit nervous..they’re fooling themselves. I hope he can hold his body together..but if it’s not to be and he goes on the shelf again for an extended period of time I wonder if the fans in Philly put up a statue of Sam Hinkie and have pigeons shit all over him forever.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 20, 2017, 12:07 AM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• One positive note for Philly is that they're still ahead of Brooklyn in the standings.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• They do have the highest ceiling in the east because of the potential of the players on their team. Everything still has to break right for them to reach that ceiling though.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          They do have the highest ceiling in the east because of the potential of the players on their team. Everything still has to break right for them to reach that ceiling though.
                          Highest ceiling? Debatable in a couple of years. But this year? No.

Comment

...The team with the highest ceiling of anyone in the east..bar none..cuz I said so (see post 853 in this thread for the owner of this claim)...
                            Come on, play nice. The highest ceiling doesn't mean you are always playing at that level. And to be fair, that post talked about playoff performance if they made it into the post season. A young team can learn a lot over the course of the final 50 some games.

Comment

• The lord giveth and the lord taketh away....and so it is that a miracle Chowderheads comeback in Indy has been offset by a one point loss to the Heat last nite in Chowdertown. Their best player took a shot he usually makes but it rimmed out as the game closed out. A little karma to boot eh?

With that the Chowderheads and Raps are tied in the loss column..The Chowders have 5 more wins than the Raps do right now due to schedule imbalances. Those aren’t potential wins but booked on the ledger real wins the Raps have to make up with their 5 games in hand. But the Lebrons and Raps can now see the Celts without binoculars.

The marathon continues .....the Celtics can hear audible footsteps...

Edit...The incredibly lucky Irish go to the Mecca tonight. The Knicks are a decent 16 and 14....but inside the numbers they are an eye popping 14 and 5 at home. They are rested and waiting for the Lepraturds who are on the second night of the b2b.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 21, 2017, 01:04 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I think the key for the Raps will be to win at least 2 out of 3 but preferably all of the remaining matchups with them. That should put us in really good position for the #1 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X