Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    I bet Nick Nurse will be the scapegoat of Masai’s inability to fix this team after he flop on the Kawhi, Giannis and Gobert dream
    Gobert would’ve been a nightmare.

Comment

• Masai should step in to tell Nurse benching VanVleet is the best thing to do for the sake of the team.

VanVleet will soon be a free agent. Are we still evaluating him?

Masai has no obligation to please VanVleet and his agent

Unless Masai still has intentions of keeping him then that is another story

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

maybe they should just sit scottie every game until the 4th quarter, since thats the only time he shows up. by then, everyone else will be exhausted playing 40+ minutes and scottie can shine even more!
        This is silly. Scottie played really well earlier in the game, he had like 7 assists through 3Qs, and there were a few times he attacked where the ball just slipped away. He does turn his scoring up late and as he develops I'll look for that to be more consistent but if he could score all game like he does in the clutch he'd already be a top 10 player. He does a lot of good, helpful stuff earlier in games, there's a lot more to it than just scoring.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

rubs players the wrong way? Makes sense now why Nate Bjorkgren is his right hand man
          Blaming the wrong person. Not Nurse fault that we don't have many shooters on this team, not his fault that we don't have a bench, not His fault that Precious the only NBA caliber C we have to start the season. Precious btw missed 20+ games earlier this year.

I highlighted that 3 areas after the Sixers series last year. 3 areas that they needed to address. The management didn't do anything in the offseason to address those weaknesses. That's why we're here.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

So am I officially off the NN hater list… now that the stuff I’ve been pointing out for a long time has become apparent to all.
            Who's "all"? I'm not part of "all". Nothing has changed about my opinion Nurse. He's the least of their problem.

This roster has so many holes and they have so many selfish players. That's not on the coach.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Blaming the wrong person. Not Nurse fault that we don't have many shooters on this team, not his fault that we don't have a bench, not His fault that Precious the only NBA caliber C we have to start the season. Precious btw missed 20+ games earlier this year.

I highlighted that 3 areas after the Sixers series last year. 3 areas that they needed to address. The management didn't do anything in the offseason to address those weaknesses. That's why we're here.
              Isos and hail marys are not on Masai.
              Nick plays favorites and can't develop players.

I wouldn't fire him tho, i would trade him.
              He still has some value around the league.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The defensive tactics are on Nurse. Not being prepared to play in first quarters is on Nurse. The rotations/minutes are on Nurse. Player development is partly on him. Poor challenges are on him. The offensive droughts are partly in him. The selfish play is partly on him. The blown leads are partly in him.

And all of the above have been issues for 3 seasons. It isn’t all about this year.

Comment

• Masai gave nick a team that cant shoot. Nick cant shot it for them. He can take some blame though everyone can top to bottom

Comment

• It’s both… but Nick doesn’t deserve to fired, nor will he be. After next season will be decision time.

Masai has gotta make some changes this summer but some of those might be made for him… Fred and Gary might both walk.

Scottie has to take a leap especially in his shooting for any line up with him and Poeltl is going to work. OG can shoot, Pascal is passable, If Scottie can get to where Pascal is and we can add a good to great
                    shooter at the 2, that’s a balanced lineup.

Then there’s the bench.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You're crazy if you think we're gonna bring Scottie off the bench. That's would be the dumbest thing ever. Thank goodness you're not the coach.
                      I've never said once that we are gonna bring scottie off the bench. I said we will continue to run sub optimal starting units like we have most of the season. And we are going to do that just to include scottie in the starting unit, which is fine, he deserves to be there. But none of that changes the fact that the spacing will suck, and the half court offence will suffer relative to a lineup with Gary or fred starting and scottie off the bench. That couldn't be more clear to me. I can understand why that goes over your head though, you'd rather try and turn a 55% FT shooter into a floor spacing 3pt shooter.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I've never said once that we are gonna bring scottie off the bench. I said we will continue to run sub optimal starting units like we have most of the season. And we are going to do that just to include scottie in the starting unit, which is fine, he deserves to be there. But none of that changes the fact that the spacing will suck, and the half court offence will suffer relative to a lineup with Gary or fred starting and scottie off the bench. That couldn't be more clear to me. I can understand why that goes over your head though, you'd rather try and turn a 55% FT shooter into a floor spacing 3pt shooter.
                        We just have wildly different views on floor spacing. Pascal spaces the floor. OG spaces the floor. Fred spaces the floor. It's OK if Scottie and Poeltl don't. Poeltl is a huge weapon in halfcourt offense. There is more to half court offense than 3pt shooting.

Comment

• Dude, Pascal does not space the floor. Park him in the corner and see what space he creates. None, he'd be taking 3s all game.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is silly. Scottie played really well earlier in the game, he had like 7 assists through 3Qs, and there were a few times he attacked where the ball just slipped away. He does turn his scoring up late and as he develops I'll look for that to be more consistent but if he could score all game like he does in the clutch he'd already be a top 10 player. He does a lot of good, helpful stuff earlier in games, there's a lot more to it than just scoring.
                            yes of course it was silly. nobody in their right mind wants to sit scottie for 3 quarters lol. it was a joke.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• if adrian griffin manages to magically defeat raptors kryponite pistons, theres gonna be a call for him to be the new head coach lol

Comment

Working...
                                X