No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There seems to be only 2 prudent paths to take. Resign everyone so we can play above the cap and explore trades for key players to enter a rebuild or retool if said players can return a star. Or, let Fred and Gary walk for nothing, maybe a S&T opportunity can be found with a middling return, trade pascal and get younger and maybe we retain or 2024 pick. Build around scottie and possibly og, jak and Precious. This is the path I would take...unless...whatever is ailing the team can be attributed to a single player or coach. Then, removing those warts might be enough to turn things around. Maybe if nurse and fred were gone, the team might rebound, and keeping pascal and maybe even Gary could make sense. Hard to say as a fan lacking perspective...honestly though...Fred and Nurse moving on might be a good place to start and having salary is important for this franchise cause free agency is tough to compete in. Nurse, of course, appears to have checked out some time ago so that's a given imo that he is gone.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      There seems to be only 2 prudent paths to take. Resign everyone so we can play above the cap and explore trades for key players to enter a rebuild or retool if said players can return a star. Or, let Fred and Gary walk for nothing, maybe a S&T opportunity can be found with a middling return, trade pascal and get younger and maybe we retain or 2024 pick. Build around scottie and possibly og, jak and Precious. This is the path I would take...unless...whatever is ailing the team can be attributed to a single player or coach. Then, removing those warts might be enough to turn things around. Maybe if nurse and fred were gone, the team might rebound, and keeping pascal and maybe even Gary could make sense. Hard to say as a fan lacking perspective...honestly though...Fred and Nurse moving on might be a good place to start and having salary is important for this franchise cause free agency is tough to compete in. Nurse, of course, appears to have checked out some time ago so that's a given imo that he is gone.
      Forgot about next years pick, that being gone shouldn't factor into offseason moves.

We NEED to blow this up.

Keep Scottie, Jak, and OG.

That's a nice base to build around.

Trade Pascal and anyone else still under contract. Try to S&T Fred and Gary. Let them walk if you can't.

If we stink we keep the 2024 pick.

If we don't stink then GOOD, getting younger is working and we keep building from there.

It's time to officially start building around Scottie. Grabbing Jak was a good start, let's keep it going.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Forgot about next years pick, that being gone shouldn't factor into offseason moves.

We NEED to blow this up.

Keep Scottie, Jak, and OG.

That's a nice base to build around.

Trade Pascal and anyone else still under contract. Try to S&T Fred and Gary. Let them walk if you can't.

If we stink we keep the 2024 pick.

If we don't stink then GOOD, getting younger is working and we keep building from there.

It's time to officially start building around Scottie. Grabbing Jak was a good start, let's keep it going.
        Yeah, I hesitate now to roll it back with just a new coach and PG. I mean, I'd like to see how the team would respond in that scenario as I think something is messed up between nurse/Fred and the rest of the team, but I'm not sure I want to probably waste another season evaluating. Might be best to just blow it up in the offseason and roll with scottie, og, jak and I still like precious even after this rough season.

Comment

The fact everyone is at or near the end of their deals minimizes their trade value as well. So tough spot. Seems like we never look to trade anyone until they're on the last year of the deal at minimum value.

The more I think about it the more I feel like we're gonna punt next season so that we can get everyone back on longer term deals, then try to trade them.

Hope I'm wrong.
          yup but apparently we NEEDED to give all the player options

Comment

• I have no doubt that a new coach, with new tactics and rotations, could easily add 3-5 wins to the total. That still just isn’t enough.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
              I have no doubt that a new coach, with new tactics and rotations, could easily add 3-5 wins to the total. That still just isn’t enough.
              Having Jak for a full season is probably going to add 3-5 more wins to the total. If we could sign another guard that isn't completely past their prime then maybe we have a chance at being a good team. I don't know what the ceiling of that team would be but that would come down to how good Scottie turns out anyway.

Comment

• Strange that the rumor is Nurse wanting to go to Houston. He hates playing young guys so why would he want to coach a team full of them?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Strange that the rumor is Nurse wanting to go to Houston. He hates playing young guys so why would he want to coach a team full of them?
                  He doesn't hate playing young guys. He hates playing bad players.

Houston had good young players and $72M in cap space to sign good vets that fit what Nurse wants to do.

Comment

• I also get the feeling Nurse bristles when he’s criticized. To me, that presser looked like him trying to control the narrative and that he’ll choose to leave, not be fired

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      I have no doubt that a new coach, with new tactics and rotations, could easily add 3-5 wins to the total. That still just isn’t enough.
                      Masai would have to take full responsibility, punted at the trade deadline, I totally agree with you in reference to your post on another thread that I cannot see now when I am active because I blocked the resident clown who started it.

Instead of aiming for a higher pick with a chance to get in to the top 5 just like when they got Scottie from 7th to Lady Luck took the 4th spot, they mortgaged a portion of their future to acquire a rental.

Masai had a grand plan, evaluate Nick Nurse and his lead guard, if they both can turnaround their dismal season with a Center to anchor the middle.

Of course that would also be in line with MLSE’s bottomline….profitability with a couple of games in the play-in and a slimmer chance to get in to the first round for four more games sweep.

top 5-7th pick vs. 13th pick

Comment

He doesn't hate playing young guys. He hates playing bad players.

Houston had good young players and $72M in cap space to sign good vets that fit what Nurse wants to do.
                        But Fred and Gary are both apparently really bad and still get so many mins, or Nurse has an ego too big to lose which is what is going to happen until those young guys develop. There are so many narratives we can go with as to why Nurse to Houston makes no sense. Oh I forgot he can't develop young players too.

Cap space is just cap space until you land some players right?

Comment

• I would of Fired this clown at half time. When the season is done, as the game is done and are about 2 end the game..I release statement of him not coming back and is officially Fired. Don't give him chance 2 drag this out, send him packing....
                          Fire his A@@..
                          Take that midget with him..Brick Vanvleet!!!
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

But Fred and Gary are both apparently really bad and still get so many mins, or Nurse has an ego too big to lose which is what is going to happen until those young guys develop. There are so many narratives we can go with as to why Nurse to Houston makes no sense. Oh I forgot he can't develop young players too.

Cap space is just cap space until you land some players right?
                            Fred and Gary are at least nba players. Flynn and Banton aren't. Nurse plays the shit out of Scottie, who happens to be young. He plays Precious a lot and has worked on developing him. Same with OG. It's a fake narrative that Nurse doesn't develop young players. He just can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad. No coach can.

Go look at the Rockets roster. It's not bad. They have a lot of young guys are that are actually NBA caliber.

Green, Potter Jr., Smith Jr., Sengun, Martin Jr., Eason (they have a thing for drafting Jr's)

Add to that 2 or 3 good vets with your $72M in cap space and add Nurse and that's a playoff level roster with a lot of room to grow.

Not many teams have cap space so Houston will get some good players. Harden is rumored to be going there.

It's also a very low pressure situation. They'd give him 5 years to make them contenders. It's a great situation for Nurse.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              I would of Fired this clown at half time. When the season is done, as the game is done and are about 2 end the game..I release statement of him not coming back and is officially Fired. Don't give him chance 2 drag this out, send him packing....
                              Fire his A@@..
                              Take that midget with him..Brick Vanvleet!!!
                              How many teams has fired a COTY and a champion coach back to back?
                              I want to see it happen too!

Comment

• I personally would like to see Pascal stay, I just don’t know if you can build a starting lineup with 3 non shooters (Scottie, Jak and Pascal).

it’s unfortunate that we didn’t move Gary and Fred at the deadline, I actually don’t enjoy watching either one play, but you can’t just walk away from assets and not resign them.

Comment

Working...
                                X