Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Disagree that overall talent is here on the roster.

It's a 4-7 team in the East that Nurse coached to 5-6 after the trade deadline when the most glaring weakness was finally addressed. The bench mostly sucks, especially when Otto's toe exploded, Boucher got old, Thad got useless and Flynn was still Flynn. Fred gets blown by, by virtually all the playoff bound PG in the East, Pascal was OK/good but he's no superstar. I could go on and on....wait, I did.

I have no faith that Masai will bring back a team capable of more than the 4-6 in the East that this team is. Most fans are OK with that....
    yeah man i just don't agree. from my view he took 48-win 5 seed that we had every reason to believe would improve between internal growth of very promising young players and some new additions with no losses of note, and coached them to a 26-30 record and a 12 seed before the poeltl trade.

then they went 15-11 after the poeltl trade against pretty bad competition, and i have no confidence that we wouldn't still be in the play-in were poeltl here the whole year.

the regression's you mention are not on management for the most part. and fred getting blown by repeatedly is a product of this defensive scheme calling on perimeter defenders to apply ball pressure waaay the fuck out on the perimeter, i think with the idea to hurry-up the ball handler with the goal of forcing turnovers, but it just ends up blow-bys more often than not. the best perimeter defenders in the league would still be getting blown by put in those situations.

if your expectations for this team next year are top 4 in the east, i think your expectations are a little out of whack. i think they need to take a step back to get better in the long run, which i think fewer fans would be OK with.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post

I actually think it is both: Nurse coached this team to a worse record than it could have had, but the talent level on this team tops out around 5th best team in the east (at best).
      Again, Nurse coached them to a 5-6 finish rate once the obvious need for a centre was finally addressed.
      But I still think there's a personality clash between Fred and Scottie and perhaps OG too. It will come out once one of them moves on.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nick Nurse allowed his sentiments dictates the way he coaches

the favoritism was really blatant

The moment he called out Trent and made him as the scapegoat and fall guy when equally VanVleet was not a defensive stalwart either created a disruption or rift in chemistry

he doubled down by benching Trent and also benched that one game Scottie

all season long, he enabled VanVleet with no consequences at all even though he was shitting the bed offensively and worse defensively

for what it’s worth, he may just have put the last nail on his own coffin

Comment

• get this dude out of here

Comment

• Woj sayeth…

Comment

• Nothing surprising about Nurse returning being an option on the table. No reason for either party to move on, really. But of course if they don't find an agreeable extension I wouldn't be surprised if they part ways early to avoid the lame duck season.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Woj sayeth…

The trade negotiations begin.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The trade negotiations begin.
                    Nick is not getting traded. It's either he steps down or he stays with the Raptors.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Nick is not getting traded. It's either he steps down or he stays with the Raptors.
                      Or he gets traded

Comment

Or he gets traded
                        If the Lakers flame out, then that’s another destination.

Comment

If the Lakers flame out, then that’s another destination.
                          Clippers make more sense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Clippers make more sense.
                            Yeah, they keep adding Raptors, hoping to duplicate our 2019 Kawhi magical run.

Comment

Yeah, they keep adding Raptors, hoping to duplicate our 2019 Kawhi magical run.
                              They are also interested in Fred. S&T with Nurse.

Comment

They are also interested in Fred. S&T with Nurse.
                                Father and son for Mann.
                                But why would they get rid of Lue?

Comment

Working...
                                X