No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the directness will lou had in those questions. Better than 90% of the questions asked

Comment

• If I have 2 say it every day...I will.
      I don't want him or the little midget back.
      These 2 individuals must leave or it never change. If u want new direction, new identity, new leadership. That's the way 2 go.
      So with that.
      Am I Fired...
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hear-about-it

Masai and Bobby were pissed at Nurse for those post game comments.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hear-about-it

Masai and Bobby were pissed at Nurse for those post game comments.
          Because they are in the middle of a contract negotiation, and Nurse used the media to try to gain some leverage. The upside of flaming out early is that those discussions can reach a conclusion quickly now.

The other thing in this article, which you hear repeated on every opposing team's NBA broadcast is this line:

After all, a roster with Fred VanVleet, Pascal Siakam, Scottie Barnes, O.G. Anunoby and some solid role players may not be good enough to compete for a championship, but it should also be better than the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference and a one-game exit in the play-in tournament

Pretty much every fair-minded and knowledgeable basketball observer believes that the Raptors underperformed their talent this year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Because they are in the middle of a contract negotiation, and Nurse used the media to try to gain some leverage. The upside of flaming out early is that those discussions can reach a conclusion quickly now.

The other thing in this article, which you hear repeated on every opposing team's NBA broadcast is this line:

Pretty much every fair-minded and knowledgeable basketball observer believes that the Raptors underperformed their talent this year.
            Not really. The Raptors overachieved last year. So the expectations this year were kind of unfair. This year they finished where most people projected them to finish last year: Middle of the pack.

Bottomline: that's what they are. A middle of the pack team.

Also, going into the season, everyone here agreed that for this team to reach the next level, Scottie Barnes has to get his game to the next level. A lot of people here went crazy projecting a VC type superstar leap his 2nd year. My expectation was maybe a borderline all star type season? neither happened. Scottie actually regressed this year. One of the many reasons why this team is already eliminated.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Not really. The Raptors overachieved last year. So the expectations this year were kind of unfair. This year they finished where most people projected them to finish last year: Middle of the pack.

Bottomline: that's what they are. A middle of the pack team.

Also, going into the season, everyone here agreed that for this team to reach the next level, Scottie Barnes has to get his game to the next level. A lot of people here went crazy projecting a VC type superstar leap his 2nd year. My expectation was maybe a borderline all star type season? neither happened. Scottie actually regressed this year. One of the many reasons why this team is already eliminated.
              Replace Nurse and dump Fred and Scottie can actually grow.

Comment

• haven't been paying a ton of attention this season due to a lot of other things in life taking priority but it's wild to see how quickly the shine wears off on coaches.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  haven't been paying a ton of attention this season due to a lot of other things in life taking priority but it's wild to see how quickly the shine wears off on coaches.
                  Just takes one bad season.

Comment

• Masai am I Fired.
                    I would Love for Masai 2 get into Nurse Face..like Vince McMahon and say your Fired. Just 2 set his ego where it belong and rake his God son midget 2 with him.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Replace Nurse and dump Fred and Scottie can actually grow.
                      I actually think you can keep Nurse if you cut the ties with Fred and bring in a veteran leader, ideally a true PG… like a Mike Conley type.

Comment

I actually think you can keep Nurse if you cut the ties with Fred and bring in a veteran leader, ideally a true PG… like a Mike Conley type.
                        I'm still a Nurse fan and would be fine with him coming back.

He was coaching on a lame duck contract with a 6 deep roster without any true PG or C (until Poeltl).

So he played the shit out of the starters because that was the only realistic way to win. When you're lame duck you gotta win to secure that next contract.

I do think replacing Fred with a true PG would make a big difference. That's the minimum we should do this offseason.

Comment

I'm still a Nurse fan and would be fine with him coming back.

He was coaching on a lame duck contract with a 6 deep roster without any true PG or C (until Poeltl).

So he played the shit out of the starters because that was the only realistic way to win. When you're lame duck you gotta win to secure that next contract.

I do think replacing Fred with a true PG would make a big difference. That's the minimum we should do this offseason.
                          But he's played the starters like crazy from 2019-2020 onwards and shortened the rotation even starting that season. 2018-19 I think was the one season where minutes seemed somewhat normal.

So, how do you explain that?? It's not like he suddenly changed this year. And it always seemed a bit odd to me but 2019-20 it was like he just won, got to trust him I guess, and something similar for each year but now we're here with minimal developed players, Malachi Flynn doing nothing and missing the playoffs 2/4 seasons with one series win against a very injured Nets team.

Doesn't seem so good. Winning focus is great when you have a team that's good enough for a championship. Since 2018-19 that hasn't been the case and look how it's gone.

And you know, while I do wonder if Casey went too far with his Pistons and "developing" but NEVER winning this year, I'm sure you can go too far to try and WIN ALL THE TIME and never develop. Which, I think, may be what Nurse has done. Would you not agree????

#NURSEOUT

Comment

• Question:
                            Who hires development coaches and scouts? Is it Masai or the coach?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Question:
                              Who hires development coaches and scouts? Is it Masai or the coach?
                              There's no one single way. Jama was recommended by Casey and approved by Masai. Triano was a holdover from the previous regime. Rico is a natural evolution from the players. Earl Watson is connected to both Pascal & Nurse. Fab Flornoy is purely a Nurse guy. Sometimes management forces a guy onto the coaching staff. For non-dysfunctional franchises... it's usually a collaboration between head coach and management.

Comment

There's no one single way. Jama was recommended by Casey and approved by Masai. Triano was a holdover from the previous regime. Rico is a natural evolution from the players. Earl Watson is connected to both Pascal & Nurse. Fab Flornoy is purely a Nurse guy. Sometimes management forces a guy onto the coaching staff. For non-dysfunctional franchises... it's usually a collaboration between head coach and management.
                                Wow.
                                There seems to be a real disconnect between the coach and FO here.
                                What a messy situation they got themselves in.
                                Everyone got complacent after winning the chip.

Comment

Working...
                                X