Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Kawhi & Danny left. Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka got old. The championship roster was going to get worse, even if they kept it together.

The big mistake is that they should’ve blown it up and started the rebuild right after Kawhi left, instead of wasting time and money betting on the FVV/OG/Pascal core to develop.
    No. That's what garbage organizations like the Miami Marlins do.

Comment

Nurse likes 2-way players, especially defensive minded guys. Embiid is the only guy on that roster that I would call a strong 2-way player.

A S&T for FVV makes a lot of sense for Philly.
      They've got Maxey, Tucker and a few other guys too, but definitely not an up and down the court team. At the end of the day, in the playoffs it's all about halfcourt offense and they've got the leading scorer who happens to be a C on the roster.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i would've quit being a raptors fan if they did this. it would have completely cheapened the accomplishment to me.

and that followup year was probably my favorite raptor season. we still might have repeated without kawhi if it weren't for COVID
        Oh, not disagreeing how enjoyable that victory lap season was. Totally stress free year, knowing no matter what happened, it was all gravy. Zero expectations. Players played free too, until the bubble, which affected a lot of other teams too.

But there was a real price to not getting anything in return for assets like Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka when they had legit trade value. And that price is being felt right now, is my point.

Comment

Oh, not disagreeing how enjoyable that victory lap season was. Totally stress free year, knowing no matter what happened, it was all gravy. Zero expectations. Players played free too, until the bubble, which affected a lot of other teams too.

But there was a real price to not getting anything in return for assets like Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka when they had legit trade value. And that price is being felt right now, is my point.
          I think there is a lot Masai could have done to keep Nurse with a good roster beyond trading everyone right after the championship. There's a lot of moves in between doing nothing and blowing up the whole team.

Comment

gotcha. still a totally worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion, and even if we got rid of those guys right after kawhi walked i'm not sure if we'd end up with a better asset than scottie anyway.

i'm on board with the big picture decisions this front office has made basically since masai got here. if we just run it back with a new coach i will probably start to get antsy about the direction, although i can still see the rationale for that given the parity in the east and the difficulty the "powerhouses" will have keeping their teams together under the new CBA rules.

i also think it's a bad idea to be tied to pascal on a max contract long term though given said rules, on top of the poor fit with scottie, as i've been saying all year

Comment

• Why does see Nick Nurse today rub me the wrong way ?? Never got that from when Cassey left ? That press conference in
              the last week of the season is my long lasting memory of Nick ..His players quit on him it seems and that is a reflection
              on him .. Sorry but I can't see great things happening for the 76ers next season ..

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs_OW0au...I4NDBkZg%3D%3D

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                  Why does see Nick Nurse today rub me the wrong way ?? Never got that from when Cassey left ? That press conference in
                  the last week of the season is my long lasting memory of Nick ..His players quit on him it seems and that is a reflection
                  on him .. Sorry but I can't see great things happening for the 76ers next season ..
                  Also that he WAITED until AFTER he got hired from the 76ers to thank TO. Interesting huh. Dwane Casey on the other hand thanked the Raptors a MONTH before he got hired by the Pistons.

Who has the better character????

YOU BE THE JUDGE

Comment

Working...
                  X