No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe I ever doubted him. Nurse has been stellar.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Nurse has been fantastic in this series, and the last two for the most part. The defence has been incredible. The offence is hit and miss, still too much of the wrong guys initiating throughout the game, but in crunch time he seems to really reel it in to the guys who should be driving the offence.

And at this point I'm pretty sure he's playing McCaw specifically to troll me, personally.
      On the offence, you can see them feeling things out, though. Run this. Run that. See if this guy is hot. How are they playing this set. Can we get Green going or Gasol. Are they doubling Padcal? Then, in the second half, they settle on a plan of attack. It's not random and it keeps everyone involved.

I honestly didnt even know McCaw was out there until my wife asked me who the hell he was.

Comment

• A coach is only as good as their talent.. and without Kawhi Nurse may not have lasted past the second round. But this series he's just on fire. The timeouts, the execution.. the game plan. The adjustments (on the fly too). Just ridiculous coaching. It's like he was meant to coach a team against the Warriors. He loves the style the Warriors play and knows how to beat that style. I can see why Kerr really wanted Nurse to be part of his staff a few years ago. He's sort of a savant.

Hope we can lock him for a long time. It would pain me to see him coach another team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          A coach is only as good as their talent.. and without Kawhi Nurse may not have lasted past the second round. But this series he's just on fire. The timeouts, the execution.. the game plan. The adjustments (on the fly too). Just ridiculous coaching. It's like he was meant to coach a team against the Warriors. He loves the style the Warriors play and knows how to beat that style. I can see why Kerr really wanted Nurse to be part of his staff a few years ago. He's sort of a savant.

Hope we can lock him for a long time. It would pain me to see him coach another team.
          when he pulled box and one out for a couple of possessions and made Kerr put Thompson back in early. Beautiful
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

when he pulled box and one out for a couple of possessions and made Kerr put Thompson back in early. Beautiful
            I'd love to see a Nick Nurse "Box & One" jazz album. Just saying. No pressure.

LET'S GO MIXXXXXXXXXX. ONE. MORE. GAME.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Should have used the Triangle and 2, just to troll them. Lol.

Comment

• Everyone's talking about Nurse's strategy and tactics which are admittedly excellent from my view in the cheap seats, but what I find to be so incredibly undervalued and important is his demeanor. His ability to empower, encourage, and inspire his players is truly incredible for a first-time head coach. Sure, this is a team full of veterans who have bought in but it takes two to tango. His personality fits perfectly with Kawhi's and the two seem made for each other. I'm convinced that we probably would have lost in the second round to Philly if we still had Casey.

Comment

• I agree. I made this point to a friend the other day. The sense of panic, the screaming. it works for some moments, but for this run, Nurse's ability to tinker, react and keep his calm has brought has further than it would've with other coaches.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I feel complete vindication re Nick Nurse

Lost his Mom this year, gained the trust of every player
                    COP - Coach Of the Playoffs
                    Changed a lot of minds, shut a lot of mouths

The kind of guy to scheming and watching tape this morning to plan for next season lol

Comment

• Not a bad first season.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Not a bad first season.
                        Yet he didn't survive avoiding a "Fire Nick Nurse" thread. Good thing some unidentified handsome hero took care of that ridiculousness.

Comment

• I have to admit it, I have never believed in him. After what I saw from him during the Sixers series, I started thinking that he is a good coach, but when he could find a solution for GSW offense, I could say to him : I AM SORRY.

Man, let us admit it: he was just unbelievable. He did alot of great things and his mental balance was just huge.

Comment

• NOW we can Fire Nick Nurse right?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apologies to Nick Nurse.

This man is such a good coach, we essentially played an entirely different defensive scheme every series, he deserves so much credit. Thank you Coach Nurse! ♥
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• An interesting write-up at Yahoo on Nurse's coaching background. I didn't know that Nurse met Masai while coaching in the UK.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-nurse-...103047949.html

Comment

Working...
                                X