Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Of course it was. Masai isn't an idiot, he is a damn good GM, I'm sure a conversation about Kawhi's willingness to play next season popped up, Masai wouldn't trade for him without a guarantee that he'll play.
    Well said. But for some to think 100 miles ahead that we are possibly be losing him by next July for nothing is just exagerrating something not even 24 hours after that trade call.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
      you guys are worrying about Kawhi not playing for Toronto? Come on, if you decide to worry, you should be worrying about him not being 100% healthy.
      Isn't he "suffering" from a quad injury that he was cleared to play on 6 months ago?

Comment

• It is almost unbelievable the level of knee jerk negativity coming from the usual suspects. Any calls to "wait until we know more" have fallen on deaf ears, as per usual, even of reports that Kawhi will be suiting up for the US Basketball mini-camp (healthy enough to play at a high level), and reports that Kawhi intends to report and participate willingly are finally coming out.

Sometimes you have to wonder about the age range of the membership.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          It is almost unbelievable the level of knee jerk negativity coming from the usual suspects. Any calls to "wait until we know more" have fallen on deaf ears, as per usual, even of reports that Kawhi will be suiting up for the US Basketball mini-camp (healthy enough to play at a high level), and reports that Kawhi intends to report and participate willingly are finally coming out.

Sometimes you have to wonder about the age range of the membership.
          It's not just RR. Raptors fans in general are a whiny fan base.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• the Raptors have had initial conversations with Leonard and his camp, and according to sources they were positive. There was no indication of a holdout or even an unwillingness to play in Toronto. So far, it seems like Leonard may have an open mind.

If so, this could become a heist. Toronto even avoided moving young prospects OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam or Delon Wright. Poeltl’s got potential, but he was this team’s fifth-best young player, after those three and Fred VanVleet. The pick, protected 1-20, is the kind of selection designed to be thrown into a deal like this. Basketball-wise, the Raptors saw the rarest opportunity in the NBA: to trade for an MVP-calibre player, plus sharpshooter and defender Danny Green. They took it.
            https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...home-team.html

Comment

• Maybe something was lost in translation, misconstrued, because there is no way Ujiri said that. He has been open to trading DeRozan for the last two years. He had not found a deal that was even remotely palatable, but he looked.

You won't hear much of this on American airwaves I'm guessing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Woj said a similar thing on a TV spot he was in last night on the ESPYs (I think?) red carpet. The Raptors made no promises. If anything, this is a failure to communicate with DeRozan and a misunderstanding, not straight up lying to him.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Masai would not lie to DeRozan's face about this, firstly because we have every reason to believe Masai is a straight up guy himself and secondly because it would be incredibly stupid. There's no reason to make that lie to your star player while you're working on a trade for him, it's obvious what will happen if the trade goes through.

Also, Masai's publically been saying everyone's available/on the table since the draft.

DeMar's pissed, which I expected. He really did want to be our Kobe/Duncan/Nowitzki.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's fun to find new ways to bash the lone Canadian team

Comment

• I know he’s a new Raptor so i shouldnt say this but Kawhi literrally forced Spurs to trade him but somehow loyalty died when Raps traded Demar lmao and nobody talks about that
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I know he’s a new Raptor so i shouldnt say this but Kawhi literrally forced Spurs to trade him but somehow loyalty died when Raps traded Demar lmao and nobody talks about that
                        Leonard has been getting bashed for months.

Comment

Leonard has been getting bashed for months.
                          Felt like people forgot.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Masai is going to be wining and dining Kawhi's uncle for the next year in hopes of convincing him to convince Kawhi to stay. He's going to have to get Kawhi all kinds of endorsement to make up some of that guaranteed money he lost by leaving the Spurs.

Comment

• You know what's really bothering me today?

It seems like all the American media wants to see Kawhi in a Laker uniform. That's all they talk about the last 24 hours. "Would the Raptors flip Kawhi to the Lakers now?"

Kyle Kuzma was being interviewed yesterday during the ESPY's and the ESPN interviewer immediately asked him about Kawhi joining them next year.

It seems like they all want the best players to play in LA. I think i hate that team more than the Warriors and Celtics now.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kawahi is an amazing offensive player. This is for those who think he's just a system player

Last edited by MACK11; Thu Jul 19, 2018, 10:34 AM.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X