Bryan Colangelo Is A Baaaaad Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    See the downside with jumping the gun when the finger points is that one day that finger can be pointing at you. How's that going to feel if you're innocent?
    Imagine if it was Greg Popovich instead of Bryan. No one would be pointing the finger. But look at how quick players, GMs and owners are quick to post/talk about this. I don't think BC had a good reputation to begin with and this could very much be the last straw. It doesn't matter if someone points the finger at you, but it does matter than no one is quick to defend you. I don't see a lot of defending out there for him.

Comment

I think he survives unless the Ringer comes up with something a little more convincing. It's plausible he's a closet asshole troll, sure but they need something more to confirm it.
      Wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Colangelo is working in the background to get them to print a retraction. He's one powerful dude in the sports business world. They may have picked on the wrong family.

Comment

• Well that was an interesting story.

I guess the whole Lowry to Philly thing won't be happening this summer.. lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Well that was an interesting story.

I guess the whole Lowry to Philly thing won't be happening this summer.. lol
          Wait and see what "Eric" on Twitter has to say about it.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            Imagine if it was Greg Popovich instead of Bryan. No one would be pointing the finger. But look at how quick players, GMs and owners are quick to post/talk about this. I don't think BC had a good reputation to begin with and this could very much be the last straw. It doesn't matter if someone points the finger at you, but it does matter than no one is quick to defend you. I don't see a lot of defending out there for him.
            I don't use Twitter so I only know what's posted in articles. I don't know what's going on inside his office. Only those in the office could really defend him on this. I suppose people around the league could come forward to attest to his character.

golden wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Colangelo is working in the background to get them to print a retraction. He's one powerful dude in the sports business world. They may have picked on the wrong family.
            Pretty sad if his father is fighting his battles at age 50.

Comment

I don't use Twitter so I only know what's posted in articles. I don't know what's going on inside his office. Only those in the office could really defend him on this. I suppose people around the league could come forward to attest to his character.

Pretty sad if his father is fighting his battles at age 50.
              Morey and Cuban is basically joking about it on twitter.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Morey and Cuban is basically joking about it on twitter.
                Yeah but who does Cuban really like anyway?

Comment

• Wonder how many other GM's do this to manipulate players, teams etc.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Wonder how many other GM's do this to manipulate players, teams etc.
                    DD probably has about ten RR burner accounts. lol

Comment

• I remember when my buddy who works at Teachers told me that BC front office was super paranoid and sensitive about the media and would strong-arm media outlets in Toronto through back channels. I wasn't sure what to make of it cause it was second hand information but a lot of the stuff he told me about how weird the front office was during that time makes more sense now....

I wonder if we'll start seeing Toronto media guys come out with stories now.

Comment

• To me the smoking gun that hasn't been talked about enough is this:

"On Tuesday, May 22, I emailed the Sixers and shared the names of two of the accounts, phila1234567 and Eric jr (I did not disclose our suspicions about the other three accounts, one of which, Still Balling, had been active earlier that day; I did this to see whether the partial disclosure would trigger any changes to the other accounts). On a follow-up call that day, Philadelphia’s media representative told me that he would ask Colangelo whether he had any information about the two accounts.

That afternoon, within hours of the call, all three of the accounts I hadn’t discussed with the team switched from public to private, effectively taking them offline—including one (HonestAbe) that hadn’t been active since December. "

I think you can really only conclude 4 things from this:
                        1. Complete coincidence (Seems VERY unlikely)
                        2. The "anonymous source" is also in contact with the person or people running the other 3 accounts, and as soon as the 76ers were contacted they were told to switch the accounts to private to build further suspicion
                        3. Someone other than Brian Colangelo within the organization does indeed control these 3 burner accounts and found out about this and switched them to private
                        4. Same as 3, except it is indeed Brian Colangelo

I don't know guys, I just don't see 1 and 2. I can MAYBE see 3. But these are more than likely in my mind Brian Colangelo's accounts.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          To me the smoking gun that hasn't been talked about enough is this:

"On Tuesday, May 22, I emailed the Sixers and shared the names of two of the accounts, phila1234567 and Eric jr (I did not disclose our suspicions about the other three accounts, one of which, Still Balling, had been active earlier that day; I did this to see whether the partial disclosure would trigger any changes to the other accounts). On a follow-up call that day, Philadelphia’s media representative told me that he would ask Colangelo whether he had any information about the two accounts.

That afternoon, within hours of the call, all three of the accounts I hadn’t discussed with the team switched from public to private, effectively taking them offline—including one (HonestAbe) that hadn’t been active since December. "

2. The "anonymous source" is also in contact with the person or people running the other 3 accounts, and as soon as the 76ers were contacted they were told to switch the accounts to private to build further suspicion
                          3. Someone other than Brian Colangelo within the organization does indeed control these 3 burner accounts and found out about this and switched them to private

I don't know guys, I just don't see 1 and 2. I can MAYBE see 3. But these are more than likely in my mind Brian Colangelo's accounts.
                          One of BC's "assistants" could be getting a very big package along with his pink slip sometime soon.

Comment

One of BC's "assistants" could be getting a very big package along with his pink slip sometime soon.
                            That would be far too risky for the 76ers organization. They're conducting an independent investigation now, and the potential consequences of the media learning that whoever "took the fall" for the twitter accounts was bribed to do so by either Colangelo or the organization would be far too disastrous that it would be worth saving Colangelo's job for it.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't BC but don't discount it being someone else in the organization entirely.

There was a mini-scandal in the Calgary legal community (at one of the major firms) a while back where a lawyer set up a fake twitter account in the name of one of his partners and posted jokes and stuff on it. It was all good natured fun and nothing bad was posted but there was some off-color stuff. Eventually, this got back to the partner and he effectively got the fake-account maker fired. Whole thing was bizarre.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                To me the smoking gun that hasn't been talked about enough is this:

And what if the source IS the account owners?

Comment

Working...
                                X