Bryan Colangelo Is A Baaaaad Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    And what if the source IS the account owners?
    I think that's too elaborate. I'd guess in order of likelihood:
    - a BC staffer
    - Jerry
    - BC
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      - a BC staffer
      - Jerry
      - BC
      What makes you think it's Jerry more so than Bryan himself?

Comment

- a BC staffer
        - Jerry
        - BC
        BC's son?

Comment

Yeah that's a subset of option number 2, and I disagree that it's too elaborate. Someone with a some time and a bone to pick with Colangelo could construct these accounts and occasionally tweet inciting things from them, knowing that it'll come back and probably destroy his job later. It wouldn't take THAT much work.

The big issues are:
          1. How did he know about the Phila12345 account which DID turn out to be Brian Colangelo?
          2. Some of the things tweeted have been externally confirmed to be opinions held by the front office but never allowed on the record.

It would still have to be someone close enough to Colangelo and either within the organization or previously held a job within the organization to accomplish that.

3. How did he know when the reporter would be informing the 76ers of it? If the reporter tipped him when the 76ers would be told, then that is bad reporting and a huge mistake and completely undermines his ploy with holding back some of those accounts?

I think it all stems back to within the organization somewhere. The interesting question is whether the source is also within the organization.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

- a BC staffer
            - Jerry
            - BC
            Other Scott's scenario #2 could be explained by a Hinkie loyalist who didn't get purged. Other possibilities:

- Colonel Mustard
            - The Riddler
            - Roger "Verbal" Kint

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I'm not saying it isn't BC but don't discount it being someone else in the organization entirely.

There was a mini-scandal in the Calgary legal community (at one of the major firms) a while back where a lawyer set up a fake twitter account in the name of one of his partners and posted jokes and stuff on it. It was all good natured fun and nothing bad was posted but there was some off-color stuff. Eventually, this got back to the partner and he effectively got the fake-account maker fired. Whole thing was bizarre.
              We're all jumping to a lot of conclusions, but if the article is proved to be true I find it hard to believe that at the least BC wasn't aware of what was happening.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                BC's son?
                Yeah I was thinking about this.. someone really close to Bryan almost at a personal level. His son makes some sense.

Comment

Then the question is how they could have known the timing of the Ringer's reaching out to Colangelo, which happened two months after the tip, to shut down the accounts after just a few hours. And how they knew which accounts the Ringer revealed to Philly and which they did not.

At this point, the explanation becomes that this source has their own mole in the Ringer, or has hacked into their email server, or some such... When the alternatives become that far-fetched, it's easier to believe either Colangelo, someone close to him, or someone else high up in the Philly org is behind those accounts.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    What makes you think it's Jerry more so than Bryan himself?
                    There are a couple tweets from one burner account where the user claims to be 77 years old (Jerry recently turned 78) and references having a daughter (specifically a daughter too old for another user - a grown man - he interacted with). There are definitely hints that it could be Jerry.

Also, if you really want to have some conspiracy theory fun, the name on the main burner account (Eric Jr) anagrams to Jerri C.

Wee!
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about this.. someone really close to Bryan almost at a personal level. His son makes some sense.
                      There were several tweets from the burner accounts during various college games that the son would have been dressed and on the bench for (although he was not playing). So although it is possible he could have been tweeting nonsense from burner accounts while on the bench, it seems unlikely.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iirc all the other 4 accounts somehow linked to Phila12345 which is indeed BC's. Thats a big red flag already, but not enough to seal the case.

TBH I think we are all just wishing this was true. At least I am.

Comment

• This story is such great fun. I don't even care what's true anymore. Just give me the silliest option.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• “Like many of my colleagues in sports, I have used social media as a means to keep up with the news. While I have never posted anything whatsoever on social media, I have used the @Phila1234567 Twitter account referenced in this story to monitor our industry and other current events. This storyline is disturbing to me on many levels, as I am not familiar with any of the other accounts that have been brought to my attention, nor do I know who is behind them or what their motives may be in using them.”

You don't need twitter to use twitter.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              There are a couple tweets from one burner account where the user claims to be 77 years old (Jerry recently turned 78) and references having a daughter (specifically a daughter too old for another user - a grown man - he interacted with). There are definitely hints that it could be Jerry.

Also, if you really want to have some conspiracy theory fun, the name on the main burner account (Eric Jr) anagrams to Jerri C.

Wee!
                              Yeah I was looking at Eric Jr's twitter account and didn't see that conversation. Guess I need a twitter account to dig deeper.

Comment

Yeah I was looking at Eric Jr's twitter account and didn't see that conversation. Guess I need a twitter account to dig deeper.
                                I think it was from one of the three locked accounts. Still Ballin, I think?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X