No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs could become a force with his versatility. No 5 can guard a centre who comes off screens at the 3 point line and shoots like a shooting guard. This would open the inside for backdoors and mismatch post ups. Remember development isn't based on years in the league but age and bargni's onle 24. Jermanie oneal didnt blossom untill 5 th year.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      Any team that has to rely on Bargnani as its Franchise(Marquee) player is doomed in the NBA. Bargnani has shown me nothing but inconsistency over his career and in year 5 folks should expect more of the same- has Bargnani ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game? Barg's had a chance to step up when Bosh was out and he did not- now he's suppose to lead TO for a whole season?lol With the bright lights focused on Bargnani in 2010-11 he will wilt from the brightness- just wait....pressure makes Diamonds but it also bursts pipes.

BC's Raptor vision is bullsh*t with Bargnani as the biggest roster turd!!!!!!!!

+1

Comment

• brakeman1 wrote: View Post
        SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
        Any team that has to rely on Bargnani as its Franchise(Marquee) player is doomed in the NBA. Bargnani has shown me nothing but inconsistency over his career and in year 5 folks should expect more of the same- has Bargnani ever grabbed 20 rebounds in a game? Barg's had a chance to step up when Bosh was out and he did not- now he's suppose to lead TO for a whole season?lol With the bright lights focused on Bargnani in 2010-11 he will wilt from the brightness- just wait....pressure makes Diamonds but it also bursts pipes.

BC's Raptor vision is bullsh*t with Bargnani as the biggest roster turd!!!!!!!!
        Agreed, all I hear about Bargnani is excuses. First it was Bosh was keeping him from shining now its the italian coach didn't use him correctly to the player that he was guarding was a nba allstar in the making. I can't wait for the season to start so he can be traded and colangelo can be shown the door along with his number one pick. Ater year #5 youre not going to see anything that you havn't seen already. NOBODY BUSTS OUT IN YEAR FIVE.
        +1
        Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 01:19 AM. Reason: Corrected formatting of quotation

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
          Who really cares if Bargs or the team for that matter isn't a draw in opposing teams arenas? In fact, that's can be to OUR advantage, because lower attendance in these arenas means neutralizing their home court advantage.
          You can still be a very good player and not necessarily a marquee player because that just means you don't have a flashy style that would be considered highly marketable.
          Whether or not Bargs is a marquee player doesn't have any bearing on the teams success on the court this season.
          In the end I don't care if we are not considered a good draw on the road. That doesn't mean were not a good TEAM, it just means we don't have any marquee players that opposing fans would be excited to watch.
          the title of the thread is something that is very important to read before posting.

shane battier is not a marquee player. but he STILL IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER.

you dont HAVE TO BE a marquee player to be a good player, and the title in the thread again was not "NBA.com DOESNT think bargnani is a good player"

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Devin Harris?
            after he got traded LOL

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
              the title of the thread is something that is very important to read before posting.

shane battier is not a marquee player. but he STILL IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER.

you dont HAVE TO BE a marquee player to be a good player, and the title in the thread again was not "NBA.com DOESNT think bargnani is a good player"
              I DID read the thread before posting that's why I made the point that you just regurgitated about very good players not necessarily being marquee players. My point again, is who cares if Bargs is or isn't a marquee player because it has no bearing on the success of this team and that's all that really matters in the end.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                Sorry Buddahfan You are definitely wrong here. Very few plays were ever really called for Bargnani. There were two or three per game but the rest were because nothing else happened with their first look.

+100

Comment

No offense but the suggestion to not build the offence around Bargnani because he only scored 14 PPG in 60% of his games (even though he played second or third fiddle to a ball hog) is pretty lame coming from you who made the statement that Amir Johnson is the teams best offensive and defensive player. How can you make such a statement especially given that Amir played mostly scrub minutes?
                  +1000

Comment

No question at all the Jose had blinders on for Bosh, or man love or something else I cannot explain. In addition to his injuries and poor defense it was the most infuriating part of Jose's game to watch for me. He consistently blew off Bargnani and others for open sots in favour of a dump to Bosh so he could hold it for 12 seconds before deciding whether he thought the ref would give him the call if he tried to drive on two guys, or if he should jack it up or cough it up or give it back to Jose because eveyone knows Bosh is and was one of the worst passing big men in the game ( not surprising since he rarely looked to pass). For that reason and crappy defense I hope Jose is gone. I also blame the coach big time because he is supposed to have the control to change that or bench guys etc.. If Triano does not have that control the same thing will happen now with Weems and DD..with all the hype they may turn into Mike James and jack up everything they see. Good coaching will make sure that does not happen
                    I agree, but one note: Jose passing all the time to Bosh were coach orders, for sure, Calderon don't blow a teammate's open shot if there aren't coach indications to give the ball all the time to somebody...his game is move the ball to the open guy.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                      What I've been trying to explain to you sirchilly is that Bargni isn't a finished product. If you look at his play in the european championships he's playing in the middle more and scoring most of his points inside. You can't grade andrea yet unless your psychic and I don't think you are. Here's the stats for the eur. championship and last game
                      http://www.usbasket.com/player.asp?C...PlayerID=42200

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...20_ITA_LAT.asp
                      Like I have said from 2006 on- you don't draft projects with the number one overall draft pick especially one that plays the same power forward finesse game as your team's current Franchise player (Bosh). I do know that Bargnani isn't a team leader on the NBA level and his 4.8 career rebound average is straight up pitiful. I don't care about Euro and/or FIBA stats only NBA box scores.

Here's a prediction for you- BC's Bargnani fetish will eventually cost him his job like it cost him Bosh.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                        Bargs could become a force with his versatility. No 5 can guard a centre who comes off screens at the 3 point line and shoots like a shooting guard. This would open the inside for backdoors and mismatch post ups. Remember development isn't based on years in the league but age and bargni's onle 24. Jermanie oneal didnt blossom untill 5 th year.
                        But Jermaine O'Neal wasn't the number one overall draft pick, played on very deep veteran Blazer teams plus Bargnani will never be as well rounded a player as JO was in his healthy prime whether he's 24 or 30.

Also, JO broke out in year 6- his 2nd season in Indiana, when he averaged 19ppg the year before (year 5) he averaged 12ppg after being traded from Portland to Indiana. Plus JO only started 18 games his first 4 years in the NBA compared to the numerous time Barg's has started for TO. Waiting for Barg's to blossom is akin to watching paint dry. Barg's could become the NBA MVP with his versatility- or not.lol

Comment

• Should Bargnani Be The Raptors First Option on Offense in 2010-11?

Bosh was the first option in 09-10.

He was the first option because getting the ball to him first maximzed the Raptors chances of scoring on any give offensive sequence. As a result the Raptors finished in the top five in points per game in 09-10.

The question for 10-11 will be

Should Bargnani become the first option on offense in 10-11?

1. Bargnani is not the Raptors most efficient scorer even when he is not the first option. IF he were to become the first option on offense he wold most assuredly be double teamed. This will make him even less efficient especially when one.considers that he rarely gets to the foul line

2. Bargnani only averaged in 12.6 ppg from inside the arc in 09-10.

Points Scored Inside the Arc Per 36 minutes
                          -----------------------------------------
                          1. Bosh--------23.6
                          2. Bargnani----13.0
                          3. Johnson-----12.7

The Raptors first option should not be a player who averages only 13.0 points per 36 minutes from inside the arc. Even with Bosh gone it is highly unlikely that Bargnani will increase his scoring from inside the arc that much. Davis and Johnson will be the Raptors primary low post scorers in 10-11.

DeRozan will average a lot more than 12.6 ppg from inside the arc in 10-11. Even Davis and/or Johnson should.

The first option on offense should be the Raptors most efficient scorer from inside that arc and in 10-11 that will most likely be either DeRozan, Davis or Johnson.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Interesting look but,
                            What these stats really say is the Raptors were not a good enough team to win games unless Bargnani was hot from 3-pt land.

Bargs was smart enough to shoot more 3s when he was hot and a lot less when he was cool, but the team couldn't take advantage of him shooting fewer 3s and find other ways to score with those possessions.

Might want to note the games Bosh missed, plus that 2-8 stretch after the start of last season, and the 5 loses after Bosh came back from injury in those wins/losses as well. Other things could be in play here.

And just saying, No player hits on their 3-pointers at the same rate every game - that guy doesn't exist.

But maybe the conclusion should be the Raptors have to force Bargs to put up 4 or more 3-pointers every game in order to win.
                            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

• brothersteve wrote: View Post
                              Interesting look but,
                              What these stats really say is the Raptors were not a good enough team to win games unless Bargnani was hot from 3-pt land.

Bargs was smart enough to shoot more 3s when he was hot and a lot less when he was cool, but the team couldn't take advantage of him shooting fewer 3s and find other ways to score with those possessions.

Might want to note the games Bosh missed, plus that 2-8 stretch after the start of last season, and the 5 loses after Bosh came back from injury in those wins/losses as well. Other things could be in play here.

And just saying, No player hits on their 3-pointers at the same rate every game - that guy doesn't exist.

But maybe the conclusion should be the Raptors have to force Bargs to put up 4 or more 3-pointers every game in order to win.
                              You should be a politician or go to work for Al Gore as an AGW scientist
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Well, Bargnani is the only one who can shoot outside the arc with consistency. If Bosh was as good as him beyond the arc, surely that number wouldn't be as high. Also, Bargnani has the most developed offensive skills on the team, so he should definetly considered for the #1 option. As for Johnson and Davis? No chance. Johnson can barely shoot past 12 feet and if were double teamed inside, he would become rendered useless on offence. As for Davis, he hasn't proved any reason to be or not to be the first option. So we'll have to wait and see on the one.

Comment

Working...
                                X