Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankthetank wrote:
    *This post has been deleted*
    Your whole posted premise is facetious and full of self serving rhetoric in order to placate your state of mind. I am unemployed? I believe I'm posting from work.lmfao @ u

Fyi- I played HS & D1 Basketball not to mention I both coached & reffed youth basketball. Nor did I live in a crack home as you so eloquently put it, friend.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
      Well, Bargnani is the only one who can shoot outside the arc with consistency. If Bosh was as good as him beyond the arc, surely that number wouldn't be as high. Also, Bargnani has the most developed offensive skills on the team, so he should definetly considered for the #1 option. As for Johnson and Davis? No chance. Johnson can barely shoot past 12 feet and if were double teamed inside, he would become rendered useless on offence. As for Davis, he hasn't proved any reason to be or not to be the first option. So we'll have to wait and see on the one.
      As I posted elsewhere Bargnani only made more than one three ball in 34 of his 80 games. You may say that is consistency. It may in fact be; "bad consistency"

As far as Johnson barely being able to shoot past 12 feet I think that you need to go measure the distance from the foul line to the basket. Last time I checked it was 15 feet.

Post All-Star Free Throw Shooting comparison
      ---------------------------------------
      Bargnani------74.4%
      Johnson-------76.3%

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...gE3uWRqrpTPaB4
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote:
        What does going to Europe have to do with anything? I'm ignorant?lol Parnta, you are str8 up stuck on stupid- rewind & loop it.

Btw- Dirk has had multiple games w/ 20 rebounds over his career a matter of fact he grabbed 21 defensive rebounds in 2002 against Sacramento. Dirk has averaged 8.5 boards a game for his career compared to Barg's 4.8. Bargnani is not as good nor will ever be as good as Dirk- Dirk has heart to compete. When Bargnani grabs 20 rebounds in a game hit me up me on RR.

I'm a follower of the Raptors- I'm not a fan of any human being. All you would have to do is read my signature Einstein ie I'm a follower of the Raptor's not a fan (fanatic: a person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause). I stay rational while you tend to get all dramatical and fanatical. If you're a Bargnani fanboy- so be it, shows how much you really know about basketball. Fyi I don't use stats to base opinions the only stats I care about are Ws & Ls- I think you have me confused with someone else, buddy.
        Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Looks like BC & Jay are going that route. It'll be real interesting to watch Barg's respond to the pressure ie can he put up stats as the #1 option on a game to game basis while leading TO to wins at the same time, of being the Franchise player. Hopefully TO can make a trade and/or use the Bosh TPE to get a true 1st option like Philadephia's Iggy by the trade deadline. By the end of the year DeMar may well be the #1 option on offense in my mind.

Comment

• Sigh. Another thread like this?

Yes, Bargnani will be our first option on offense and YES, that's how it should be for the time being because there's no one else on the squad who has shown that they can score consistently at the NBA level.

Is it an ideal situation? God no - Bargnani has shown that he's not even an effective 2nd banana let alone as the main man but who else do we build the offense around? Derozan, Amir, Davis, etc. will all get their opportunities this season but you are getting SERIOUSLY carried away if you're advocating that they become the focal point of our attack when one of them has never scored over 9 ppg in the NBA (DD), one of them can't stay on the court for more than half of the game (AJ) and the other hasn't stepped foot on an NBA Court (ED)
            Last edited by Fully; Sat Aug 21, 2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
              Well, Bargnani is the only one who can shoot outside the arc with consistency.
              is shooting 37% consistent ?

thats not only his last season's stats from beyond the arc, that his CAREER AVERAGE

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                is shooting 37% consistent ?

thats not only his last season's stats from beyond the arc, that his CAREER AVERAGE
                Allen shot 36 percent last year. Just saying

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote:
                  its funny when people who dont have a valid argument start their posts with "It's obvious..." and then proceed with insults. How can you tell if someone coached or played basketball based on what they have said in an internet forum...

There must be some current and former NBA players and coaches who disagree with Frank. So have they not played basketball at a high level ?

Frank why dont you stick to the topic instead of wasting everyone's time with paragraph after paragraph of insults towards anyone who doesnt share your opinion.

Bargnani was drafted in June of 2006. It is now August 2010. Is that considered "overnight" ??

So if someone didnt start to play basketball until they were 13, then is that really a person you would want to draft with the 1st overall pick ?

I know you have nothing valid to say so when you insult me back, just a head's up, I am not from a "crack home', and am not unemployed. So try to come up with some more creative insults cuz I know you cant say anything else.
                  Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote:
                    Judging talent has nothing to with where a player came from... Many players from Europe have thrived in the NBA (Dirk, Ginobli, Gasol) while many players from USA have failed miserably. To say Bargnani still hasnt adjusted to the US style of NBA is completely ridiculous.

As for your very ignorant question regarding stats.

Daryl Morey is a "stat guy" or as people who attend the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference are called "Stat geeks".

Here is a brief bio of Morey:

Morey holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science with an emphasis on statistics from Northwestern University[7], as well as an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. Morey also served as the professor for the MIT Sloan class, “Analytical Sports Management.” He continues to be the chairperson for the annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Morey

The trend in basketball is more and more GM's are using advanced stats to help make decisions about which players to add or keep, and which players to drop or trade.

If you have some time, check out this website. It hosts various theories and ideas in regarding methods to evaluate different NBA concepts.

http://www.sloansportsconference.com...search-papers/

Here is a list of current NBA GM's and coahes who attend the Stat Geek Conference:

http://www.nbastuffer.com/component/...%20Department/
                    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

its funny when people who dont have a valid argument start their posts with "It's obvious..." and then proceed with insults. How can you tell if someone coached or played basketball based on what they have said in an internet forum...

There must be some current and former NBA players and coaches who disagree with Frank. So have they not played basketball at a high level ?

Frank why dont you stick to the topic instead of wasting everyone's time with paragraph after paragraph of insults towards anyone who doesnt share your opinion.

Bargnani was drafted in June of 2006. It is now August 2010. Is that considered "overnight" ??

So if someone didnt start to play basketball until they were 13, then is that really a person you would want to draft with the 1st overall pick ?

I know you have nothing valid to say so when you insult me back, just a head's up, I am not from a "crack home', and am not unemployed. So try to come up with some more creative insults cuz I know you cant say anything else.
                      It's obvious Vinnie paz and Sirchillywilly cannot stand Bargnani and Frankthetank thinks his game is good. WTF?? First of all sirchillywilly is not even a fan by his own admission so who gives a fu*K what he thinks of the Raptors? Seattle has not had a team since the old days of Schremp and never won anything either with big name stars. All the Bargs haters say all the Bargs fans are full of excuses and ye you are all quick to use career stats to describe Bargs which include the Mitchell days of pretty much trying to ruin the kid. Why not look at Bargs as a starter where his stats have improved, and yet last years numbers while playing behind RuPaul, and according to the Raptors Turdolu still managed 17 pts and 6 rebounds playing as a non traditional center. The team could not have operated with a traditional center as seen with O'Neal since RuPaul needed the key open for his dog days of summer routine. The kid has consistently improved, never ever complained and does what he's asked to do and produces for half of what RuPaul makes, and slightly more than guys like Evans,Wright, and others made for doing shit. I assume you would rather have vocal guys like Wright who called out the communication gap between the Euros and the street rats, even though Wright has about as much game as a turd. Maybe you want your old favorite Hump back who is also mostly a turd? You guys just do not see talent so who cares what you like. Frankthetank has a better eye for talent and is also a real FAN something you guys are not.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                        It's obvious Vinnie paz and Sirchillywilly cannot stand Bargnani and Frankthetank thinks his game is good. WTF?? First of all sirchillywilly is not even a fan by his own admission so who gives a fu*K what he thinks of the Raptors? Seattle has not had a team since the old days of Schremp and never won anything either with big name stars. All the Bargs haters say all the Bargs fans are full of excuses and ye you are all quick to use career stats to describe Bargs which include the Mitchell days of pretty much trying to ruin the kid. Why not look at Bargs as a starter where his stats have improved, and yet last years numbers while playing behind RuPaul, and according to the Raptors Turdolu still managed 17 pts and 6 rebounds playing as a non traditional center. The team could not have operated with a traditional center as seen with O'Neal since RuPaul needed the key open for his dog days of summer routine. The kid has consistently improved, never ever complained and does what he's asked to do and produces for half of what RuPaul makes, and slightly more than guys like Evans,Wright, and others made for doing shit. I assume you would rather have vocal guys like Wright who called out the communication gap between the Euros and the street rats, even though Wright has about as much game as a turd. Maybe you want your old favorite Hump back who is also mostly a turd? You guys just do not see talent so who cares what you like. Frankthetank has a better eye for talent and is also a real FAN something you guys are not.
                        I'm not a fan aka fanatic of anyone nor anything as fans are unrational in their support of said entertainment oe entertainer. Seattle had a team just 3 years ago(2007-08)- they drafted Durant, Einstein. Save the rest of your Bargnani fan boy drama for someone who wants to swallow sh*t and call it steak. Who are the "street rats" you speak of? Who said that I liked Hump as a Raptor player? When all logical rebuttals have been exhausted name calling persists- a sign of desperation. We'll see what Barg's does this season w/o his security blanket CB4 or his locker room buddy Belinelli.

Once again when you assume- you make an ass out of u & me- recognize game, or not.
                        Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22, 2010, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                          I'm not a fan aka fanatic of anyone nor anything as fans are unrational in their support of said entertainment oe entertainer. Seattle had a team just 3 years ago(2007-08)- they drafted Durant, Einstein. Save the rest of your Bargnani fan boy drama for someone who wants to swallow sh*t and call it steak. Who are the "street rats" you speak of? Who said that I liked Hump as a Raptor player? When all logical rebuttals have been exhausted name calling persists- a sign of desperation. We'll see what Barg's does this season w/o his security blanket CB4 or his locker room buddy Belinelli.

Once again when you assume- you make an ass out of u & me- recognize game, or not.
                          That's what I said " Seattle hasn't had a team since the old days of Schremp, Payton and Kemp and I used to go see them in Key arena. I was there and watched them play Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs. They have not had a TEAM since hence the departure of Durant and company because so called Seattle fans ( or fanatics) as you put it did not support the franchise when it was shite. They had plenty of support in the old days. Perhaps that's your issue...had you supoorted your own team and other so called Seattle fans done the same you might still have a team and not be busting real fans balls on some other teams website because you've already jerked off 5 times today and your job doesn't actually require you to think or focus on work. Speaking of name calling I think you started that shit, and as far as rebutals and Einstein what kind of smarts do you have if the best you have is " Bargnani never had 20 rebounds in a game" WTF is that but moronic bs from a guy who has no idea what team he supports so he goes on team blogs to diss their fans. Buddy I drop $17k per year on four Raptor season seats and have since they joined the league, so I know what being a fan is. Prior to that I would travel to Boston, Chicago and Seattle a ton to catch games. I love the sport, grew up playing and watching it, and have a real job where I can afford to buy tickets to see the team and players I like play. I don't think I need a guy who says fans are fanatics, and has no team of his own to tell me what I know or not. Maybe you should go back to the crack den you come from and and diss the guys there who you obviously played against growing up to get such a piss poor attitude of real fans.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post

hey when you pass i think it's 4th grade, you will learn about something called a "paragraph".

from sam mitchell ruining bargs, to he only started playing when he was 13, to italian coach not uisng him right, to bosh hogged all the rebounds, to he only 24, to maybe you want humpphries back, the russian pecovic (or w/e) is a beast and would be an all star in the nba.... we've heard it all...

why do make up stuff about someone who disagrees with your opinion instead of just talking about the topic at hand. where did i ever say i can stand andrea bargnani ?

you said the team could not have operated with a traditional center b/c bosh need the key open ?

i guess no team could ever operate with a traditional centre because players like lebron, wade, melo, durant, kobe all need the key open as well under your implication.

if bosh is taking a jumpshot (which was his favorite offensive tool) then wouldnt having a centre under the rim be of some value ?

so if we criticize turkoglu, does that automatically mean that we want joey graham back ?

i could go on n on but i dont want to have to read a whole paragraph without any indication of where one thought starts and ends which you have demonstrated is your method of replying to a thread.

Comment

• Fon Riego wrote: View Post
                              I agree, but one note: Jose passing all the time to Bosh were coach orders, for sure, Calderon don't blow a teammate's open shot if there aren't coach indications to give the ball all the time to somebody...his game is move the ball to the open guy.
                              That's exactly what I believe and I also believe the plays and where players stand and go is selected by the coach, but many here feel it's the player. I believe if te coaches told Jose to get the ball to the open man the team would have been better and people would not hate Jose as much today. Problem is the coach tried to put everything through Bosh and it ruined any team play and Jose's play.

Comment

hey when you pass i think it's 4th grade, you will learn about something called a "paragraph".

from sam mitchell ruining bargs, to he only started playing when he was 13, to italian coach not uisng him right, to bosh hogged all the rebounds, to he only 24, to maybe you want humpphries back, the russian pecovic (or w/e) is a beast and would be an all star in the nba.... we've heard it all...

why do make up stuff about someone who disagrees with your opinion instead of just talking about the topic at hand. where did i ever say i can stand andrea bargnani ?

you said the team could not have operated with a traditional center b/c bosh need the key open ?

i guess no team could ever operate with a traditional centre because players like lebron, wade, melo, durant, kobe all need the key open as well under your implication.

if bosh is taking a jumpshot (which was his favorite offensive tool) then wouldnt having a centre under the rim be of some value ?

so if we criticize turkoglu, does that automatically mean that we want joey graham back ?

i could go on n on but i dont want to have to read a whole paragraph without any indication of where one thought starts and ends which you have demonstrated is your method of replying to a thread.
                                So now you're a third grade teacher trying to teach me paragraphs? This is a freakin blog genius and I do not spend time on my powerpoint and spellcheck for a blog. Have you seen some of the crap you post, or you agree to with your +1 ?
                                I thought I would also indent this so you can actually read it since you're hooked on Phonix or some bs like that. I don't make excuses pal, I watch every single game and I know what I saw. Mitchell was a horrible coach which is why he cannot get a head coach job, and why only Bosh liked him, and why the Raps have always stunk. He cannot develop young talent and Bargs was wasting away the same as McGrady, Aroyo, Billups, and others did in Toronto with horrible coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X