Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star center

"Baskonia might be approaching the completion of what can be regarded as its most impressive transfer in recent years! According to Spanish newspaper “El Correo”, the club is very close to signing Italian star center Andrea Bargnani with a two-year contract.

If the deal is finalized, Bargnani is expected to serve as a replacement for Giannis Bourousis in the team’s roster.

It remains to be seen if this transfer heralds the departure of more players from the club, whose buy-outs will boost Laboral’s budget and, subsequently, bring the amount of money required to sign a player like Bargnani.

UPDATE: Laboral Kutxa officially announced the signing of Andrea Bargnani"

Comment

• AB teasing again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJr_ggUd_lw

Comment

• Toronto forward-center Andrea Bargnani offered a blunt assessment of the struggling Raptors, telling an Italian newspaper that the club is "pretty much the worst team in the NBA."

I just come across of this... He said this back in 2012

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Toronto forward-center Andrea Bargnani offered a blunt assessment of the struggling Raptors, telling an Italian newspaper that the club is "pretty much the worst team in the NBA."

Yep nobody cared like bargnani. Miss his hustle, his grit, his undying determination to drag us from the darkness.

RIP bargnani aka Charlie hustle..a stronger man we'll never know
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Toronto forward-center Andrea Bargnani offered a blunt assessment of the struggling Raptors, telling an Italian newspaper that the club is "pretty much the worst team in the NBA."

Was he wrong?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Was he wrong?
              Unless you define "worst" as "bottom ten" then yeah, he was wrong. I mean, 2011-12 saw the 7-59 masterpiece Bobcats.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• His opinion was no doubt influenced by the emotional baggage gathered by being a 1st overall bust and the kind of attention that attracts.

I don't agree with him but I can understand why he would hold that opinion.

Comment

• Bargs wasn't A BUST.

The guy just wasn't a star. He was a average player who ended up dealing with pressure, injuries & a tough Toronto media. He had a 5 year stretch that ranks him as a average big man who could stretch the floor and block shots. His biggest issues were rebounding & staying healthy. If he had, who knows? But a guy who averaged 14, 5 & 1 in his NBA days isn't a bust in my eyes.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Bargs wasn't A BUST.

The guy just wasn't a star. He was a average player who ended up dealing with pressure, injuries & a tough Toronto media. He had a 5 year stretch that ranks him as a average big man who could stretch the floor and block shots. His biggest issues were rebounding & staying healthy. If he had, who knows? But a guy who averaged 14, 5 & 1 in his NBA days isn't a bust in my eyes.
                    Yup, you're correct sir

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Bargs wasn't A BUST.

You know how people get upset with JV for being a poor defender, and use stats like RPM and BPM to prove it?

JV's career average BPM is +0.1, and his worst season ever is -0.6.

Bargnani's career average BPM is -1.6, his best season ever was -0.5 and his peak terribleness here with the Raps he posted a glorious -2.9.

Meanwhile, he almost never posted even an average WS/48 score (career average of .057 is well below the league average of 0.1) and peaked at .104 in one outlier season.

And those might be two of the most generous catch all stats for Bargs (RPM and other APM stats hate him more than BPM does, and WP, for example, grades him as even worse than WS).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        You know how people get upset with JV for being a poor defender, and use stats like RPM and BPM to prove it?

JV's career average BPM is +0.1, and his worst season ever is -0.6.

Bargnani's career average BPM is -1.6, his best season ever was -0.5 and his peak terribleness here with the Raps he posted a glorious -2.9.

Meanwhile, he almost never posted even an average WS/48 score (career average of .057 is well below the league average of 0.1) and peaked at .104 in one outlier season.

And those might be two of the most generous catch all stats for Bargs (RPM and other APM stats hate him more than BPM does, and WP, for example, grades him as even worse than WS).
                        Still not a bust. As dumb as the new York knicks are, you don't offer a unprotected first for a "bust" that's already played 7 years
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Poll Added

Was Bargnani a bust for the Raptors? If yes then where does he rank all time in Raptors bust history? I added a new poll.

Comment

• The failure wasn't so much in the draft pick.. it was the extension. Give a guy 3-4 years and you can pretty much tell how good he'll be. He was a big that couldn't play defense or rebound. He could shoot threes but was somewhat inconsistent. He was an NBA player, but not a star. Yet was given that crown by the organization.

The GM shouldn't have resigned him... He had an immovable contract that got traded.

Bargnani was smart. He got paid well ($50M).. Used his injuries to avoid having to play but still kept his money.

So he wasn't a bust like Anthony Bennett was. If you can play more than 3-4 years in this league, you can't be a bust. He played in 10. Will vote No in the poll.

Comment

• The funny thing is that had he entered the league today as a rookie he would be a great fit. The league has changed so much in such a short amount of time.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                The funny thing is that had he entered the league today as a rookie he would be a great fit. The league has changed so much in such a short amount of time.
                                I don't know, on the other hand he played his way right out of today's NBA because he sucks.

I still wouldn't call him a bust because he did manage a multi-year NBA career and because that was a weak draft. Bargs at #1 was a surprise, but there was no clear cut #1 that year and everybody knew it wasn't a great draft. In hindsight you clearly take LMA but at the time there were equal arguments for a guy like Tyrus Thomas. It was such a Raptors thing to land the #1 in a shitty draft. I hate that in other years the team could have been picking a true franchise player, bad luck to win the lottery in a weak draft.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X