Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns N' Egos: Arenas and Crittenton suspended for the season (UPDATE ON P.7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns N' Egos: Arenas and Crittenton suspended for the season (UPDATE ON P.7)

Washington Wizards players draw guns during fight: report

Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

Seriously, WTF is up with Gilbert Arenas?!?!?!?!
    RR OG

Damn man, their they should change the name of the team to the Washington Trailor Park Boys.

Comment

Nice!! Now all Stern needs is to discover that they were betting on an NBA game.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
        Washington Wizards players draw guns during fight: report

Seriously, WTF is up with Gilbert Arenas?!?!?!?!
        WOW ... I'm speechless. If Wizards management don't do something about this, I really hope Stern does.

Comment

Idiot

This is ridiculous. The guy has a huge contract and is supposed to be the leader of the team what a douche. I hope he gets fined/suspended, and what ever the decision is i hope its severe.

Comment

The weird thing was that this is Arenas' second locker room gun violation this year. Didn't he just say that he turned them all in? This is the sort of thing that gives NBA players a bad name.

Comment

Wow! Talk about juvenile, this is stuff you see on The Wire.

Comment

I can't believe nobody brought up a Bullets joke SMH lol. Seriously David Stern will bring hell for messing up the NBA's healing image.

Comment

They should just change the name back to the Washington Bullets.

Comment

Sports gambling by players, refs or coaches opens the door to influencing the outcome of games to win a bet. I realize we don't know the nature of this debt but pulling guns on each other is serious. Back in the day we used to say don't pull a weapon unless you're willing to use it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      They should just change the name back to the Washington Bullets.

Finally Someon made a bullets joke lol

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                        Sports gambling by players, refs or coaches opens the door to influencing the outcome of games to win a bet. I realize we don't know the nature of this debt but pulling guns on each other is serious. Back in the day we used to say don't pull a weapon unless you're willing to use it.
                        Back in the days Oakley threw basketballs at people's head (Tyrone Hill I think was one of them) when they owe him money and if they wanted a piece of him afterwards then he would beat the crap out of them with his bare hands either on the court or on the streets.

This way nobody would go to jail or lose their life over a debt that can easily be recovered after a month's salary of an NBA contract.

Comment

Wow...

For real?!

I thought this was some joke but naw. That's just crazy man. How does that happen man?! Both players deserve looong suspensions and heavy fines.

Comment

Arenas to sue ny post?

Ken Berger: Arenas update via Washington Post's @MrMichaelLee: Denies gun showdown, threatens to sue New York Post.
                            HoopsHype.com
                            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 1, 2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hasta La Vista, Baby.

Arenas did not talk to the assembled media Friday, but spoke with me briefly as he left Verizon Center.

After joking "I hear it was the O.K. Corral," Arenas said, "I'll put the real story out in a couple of days. That's not the real story."

Regardless of the details, though, Arenas could be in a world of trouble -- with the District and Federal governments, with the league and with the Wizards -- with the possibility, remote for now but still there, that the team could ultimately seek to void the remainder of his $111 million contract, signed in 2008.
                              If Washington were to void Arenas's deal, it would suddenly become a player in the celebrated free agent class of 2010. Without Arenas's $17.7 million on the books next season, the Wizards would only have a little less than $38 million committed for the 2010-11 season, including a $2.27 million option Washington holds on the final year of Crittenton's contract. It must be stressed, however, that the team is currently planning to keep Arenas--pending whatever possible penalties he has to endure both from the local and/or state governments, and the NBA.
                              In 1998, the Golden State Warriors terminated the remaining three years and $23.7 million remaining on the contract of guard Latrell Sprewell after Sprewell attempted to choke then-Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo during an argument at practice. NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Sprewell for a year, but after Sprewell took the case to arbitration, the arbitrator reduced the penalty from a calendar year to the remainder of the 1997-98 season and informed the Warriors that they could not terminate Sprewell's contract. Sprewell was ultimately traded to the Knicks.
                              NBA.com

Comment

Working...
                              X