Perkins signs 4 years $34.8M extension with Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perkins signs 4 years $34.8M extension with Thunder

Kendrick Perkins' contract extension with Oklahoma City pays him $34.8 million over four years, league source tells Y! Sports.
    http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/st...16901075083264

I think he's worth it... if he can stay healthy.

[QUOTE=RaptorsFan4Life;68723I think he's worth it... if he can stay healthy.[/QUOTE]

Very much agree. OKC does not need a scorer at C with Durant and Westbrook on the team. Many starting NBA C's and bench C's make more while providing much less.

Comment

It's hard to say how this will turn out. Perkins looked really good in Boston. He looks to be the real deal but it will be interesting to see how his defense looks without KG lurking around the paint. Who knows, maybe he'll look even better now when asked to do even more in the paint on defense. The Thunder are ran so well that if they think he's worth it then chances are he's worth it.

Comment

between 8 and 9 million per season. Could they have kept Green for that price? Probably not. Place Perk next to Ibaka and it's a solid 4/5 combo. Did they overpay for the guy? Sure, but he's one of those guys who could turn into a core guy. They had no choice to lock him up.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          between 8 and 9 million per season. Could they have kept Green for that price? Probably not. Place Perk next to Ibaka and it's a solid 4/5 combo. Did they overpay for the guy? Sure, but he's one of those guys who could turn into a core guy. They had no choice to lock him up.
          I think he makes the Thunder a legitimate playoff contender. Also, I think he is better than Green and fills a much larger need. And I don't think he is overpaid, he is still young, and is making less than many centers in the league. $9M is around the norm for a good starting center. Guys like Camby, Horford, Noah etc.. were all given more money.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Would you rather pay Haywood $10M per year or Perkins $8.5M per year?

I think the Thunder have taken a very smart, calculated risk.

Comment

Working...
            X