No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if DeRozan will use social media to let everyone know what he's thinking when he becomes a free agent.. like Chris Bosh did.

Comment

• Not sure if it's because of allstar weekend or because of his heightened play of late but local kid DeMar has had front page articles on both ESPN and SI this week.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        With what DD said in the last couple days, do you guys think there is a chance he would sign a 5yr/100M$ contract, so we could afford other players? That's still big money, isn't it?
        I think the way it works is that when DD opps out then his $$ is taking off the cap so we can then sign KD to a max contract. Once KD is signed to the max contract we can then sign DD to the max contract bringing us well over the cap. thats where we come in and must reward ownership by buying all their gear lol

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
          I think the way it works is that when DD opps out then his $$ is taking off the cap so we can then sign KD to a max contract. Once KD is signed to the max contract we can then sign DD to the max contract bringing us well over the cap. thats where we come in and must reward ownership by buying all their gear lol
          No it doesn't work like that at all.

In order to be able to go over the cap to re-sign DD we have to keep his cap hold of $15M. With that on our books we have no cap space and thus cannot sign Durant (or anyone really - besides minimums and MLEs) unless it's a sign and trade.

If we let DD's cap hold go off the books (meaning we'd be unable to re-sign him) we'd have 15M cap space which still is not enough to sign KD.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            No it doesn't work like that at all.

In order to be able to go over the cap to re-sign DD we have to keep his cap hold of $15M. With that on our books we have no cap space and thus cannot sign Durant (or anyone really - besides minimums and MLEs) unless it's a sign and trade.

If we let DD's cap hold go off the books (meaning we'd be unable to re-sign him) we'd have 15M cap space which still is not enough to sign KD.
            So your telling me there's a chance

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
              So your telling me there's a chance
              Well yeah it would just have to be a sign and trade or we'd need to ship out $25M worth of salary (or let DD walk and trade Ross somewhere).

If KD wanted to come here I think Masai would figure out a way to make it happen.

Comment

Well yeah it would just have to be a sign and trade or we'd need to ship out $25M worth of salary (or let DD walk and trade Ross somewhere).

If KD wanted to come here I think Masai would figure out a way to make it happen.
                I think Masai will definitely go after KD full force if KD decides to not stay with OKC. He went after Aldridge, he'll definitely do the same for KD.

Comment

sorry I was quoting dumb and dumber because I had no clue about how the CB works lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    No.

I think if Casey was replaced and an offense that featured Lowry and JV as the 1-2 punch with lots of on and off ball movement, then the team would be no worse off than it is has been the last 2 seasons.
                    I appreciate the reply but I don't really understand what that means.

I asked if you replaced DeMar with Ross and changed the coach, would the offense be top 10 still?

You said no, but the team would be no worse. If the offense is no longer top 10 and you aren't making an argument that the defense would improve (which I don't think you are), then how would the team "be no worse off than it has been the last 2 seasons"

Comment

• Funny place this Republic is. I just looked over the poll numbers and the results and its significantly on the "no $20 million for Demar" side. I'm not sure if most of these votes were cast before his recent strong play. Odd though that I think 29 other teams in the league would give him that (if everyone had enough room). And these results include the bias of being drawn from fans interested enough in the team to sign up for this site. Weird but after hanging out here for so long, it kind of makes sense.

Comment

• haha with demars math. we might get a bargain after all

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I wonder if DeRozan will use social media to let everyone know what he's thinking when he becomes a free agent.. like Chris Bosh did.
                          I hope not. That was the cringiest shit I'd seen until the Heat preseason Celebration.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Funny place this Republic is. I just looked over the poll numbers and the results and its significantly on the "no $20 million for Demar" side. I'm not sure if most of these votes were cast before his recent strong play. Odd though that I think 29 other teams in the league would give him that (if everyone had enough room). And these results include the bias of being drawn from fans interested enough in the team to sign up for this site. Weird but after hanging out here for so long, it kind of makes sense.
                            It's old data. That's the one issue with the polls. I bet if you were to rerun it today the outcome would be significantly different.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I hope not. That was the cringiest shit I'd seen until the Heat preseason Celebration.
                              Better than "The Decision".

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                                I appreciate the reply but I don't really understand what that means.

I asked if you replaced DeMar with Ross and changed the coach, would the offense be top 10 still?

You said no, but the team would be no worse. If the offense is no longer top 10 and you aren't making an argument that the defense would improve (which I don't think you are), then how would the team "be no worse off than it has been the last 2 seasons"
                                They would still be a first round playoff team, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X