Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Just curious about something I've always wondered, do playoff points go in the same pile or are they generally tallied separately?
    Separately. Those are just regular season points.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      You have to be invited. You cant just show up there. Its not up to Lowry.
      Lol exactly
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I credit you for reading.

I find it difficult to follow...but I'm not overly bright anyways.

I always remember my high school english teacher saying: "When doing your editing and revisions, can you make your point in the fewest words possible? More words doesn't mean more marks."

Personally, I think she just wanted to get the correcting done faster but I always thought it was good advice.
        I like the K.I.S.S. Philosophy =Keep It Simple Stupid.

Comment

• Might belong in the ASG thread, but Zach Lowe's comments on why he would choose DD over Wade.

Miami fans might wonder why DeRozan, a Wade-ish player, gets in over the actual Wade despite similar résumés. DeRozan has evolved into a new kind of offensive force by replacing a few midrange looks with drives to the basket. He is relentless. He averages 12 drives per game, the highest mark in the league. Only James Harden has attempted more free throws. Even when every avenue to the rim appears barricaded -- when just about everyone, including DeRozan before this season, would settle for a jumper -- DeRozan is charging ahead, banging dudes shoulder to chest, and rampaging wherever he wants.
          Wade and DeRozan both top out as average defenders, but DeRozan has been better. He's more diligent night-to-night, and possession-by-possession, and with DeMarre Carroll out most of the season, he hasn't had the luxury of passing the toughest assignment on to someone else -- as Wade often does with Luol Deng and Justise Winslow. DeRozan has propped up Toronto's scoring margin even when Lowry, a deserving All-Star starter, hits the bench, per NBA.com.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            Kyle Lowry does not attend USA basketball camps and for whatever reason he has not made a push to play for Team USA.

There are all kinds of camps, mini camps, training camps etc. So while Kyle Lowry deserves to be on that list, he does not appear to want that
            If he spends his summers working on his body the way he did this past summer, then #fukteamusa

Comment

• This is kind of amazing to me, but halfway through the season, DeMar is 15th in the entire NBA in win shares.

Yes, he's 7th in the NBA in minutes played, but his WS/48 is up to a career high and there's also something to be said for a guy to be a model of consistency in contributing to the team's success.

His All-Star berth this year will be far more deserved than his first one two years ago (which should have gone to Kyle).

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                This is kind of amazing to me, but halfway through the season, DeMar is 15th in the entire NBA in win shares.

Yes, he's 7th in the NBA in minutes played, but his WS/48 is up to a career high and there's also something to be said for a guy to be a model of consistency in contributing to the team's success.

His All-Star berth this year will be far more deserved than his first one two years ago (which should have gone to Kyle).
                DeMar isn't the one who robbed Kyle of a spot. That would be Joe Johnson, who had absolutely no business being on the team.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I credit you for reading.

I find it difficult to follow...but I'm not overly bright anyways.

I always remember my high school english teacher saying: "When doing your editing and revisions, can you make your point in the fewest words possible? More words doesn't mean more marks."

Personally, I think she just wanted to get the correcting done faster but I always thought it was good advice.
                  First rule in Strunk & White: Omit needless words.

Second rule: Do not talk about Strunk & White.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    DeMar isn't the one who robbed Kyle of a spot. That would be Joe Johnson, who had absolutely no business being on the team.
                    I didn't say DeMar robbed him of the spot. I'm saying that we only deserved one spot that year and it should have been Kyle. Joe Johnson could have been replaced by any number of players.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I didn't say DeMar robbed him of the spot. I'm saying that we only deserved one spot that year and it should have been Kyle. Joe Johnson could have been replaced by any number of players.
                      How can a team only "deserve one spot" for an individual award? Both DeRozan and Lowry were playing at an all-star level that year good enough to be named to the team among the players available. Joe Johnson simply should've just not been there, he wasn't deserving.

You can say Kyle was more deserving, but that doesn't mean it "should've been Kyle" it means it should've been both of them since there was a player less deserving than both of them who made it.

Comment

• DeMar was solid but not spectacular his all-star season (which was an amazing improvement). Lowry was spectacular that year (and the first half of last year).

This year both have been spectacular. Seems straightforward to me.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          How can a team only "deserve one spot" for an individual award? Both DeRozan and Lowry were playing at an all-star level that year good enough to be named to the team among the players available. Joe Johnson simply should've just not been there, he wasn't deserving.

You can say Kyle was more deserving, but that doesn't mean it "should've been Kyle" it means it should've been both of them since there was a player less deserving than both of them who made it.
                          Maybe you're being intentionally obtuse, but for as long as the NBA has had an All-Star game, teams with more wins generally get more All-Stars. That's why the Hawks had four All-Stars last year.

At the time of the announcement of the coach's selections we were 21-20 that year. Do you really think a .500 team deserves two All-Stars? Especially in our first season as a mild success, with no proven track record behind us?

Further, by most advanced stats and by the eye test, Kyle was the one doing the heavy lifting. In those 41 games he had a TS% of 57.8% vs DeMar's 51.4%. I can't split out the other advanced stats by date, but on the season Kyle was 21st in RPM, while DeMar was 158th. Kyle was 16th in WS/48 while DeMar was 71st. DeMar had a solid overall year for win shares, but much of that production revved up after the All-Star break.

Just because Joe Johnson was undeserving doesn't mean we should've had two all-stars. We deserved one, and it was Kyle.

This year we deserve two, and they should both get in. And they will.

Comment

• If only one of them gets in, do we riot?
                            OG is our king

Comment

• I have a question for the DeMar fans. I've come a long way in the last two months as far as accepting that we might be paying DeMar the max for the next five years, and as long as there's a coaching change I'm mostly okay with it. Still would rather have a shooting guard who can shoot, but when he's decisive he does enough other good things that it's usually a net positive.

My question is this, does DeMar actually make our other players better? Because I'm having a hard time statistically backing up the idea that the other players on our team are better off for DeMar being on our roster. Lowry's Drtg, Ortg, and net rating are worse in a 2 man unit with DeMar than his season averages.

I'm genuinely curious, and I'd love to see evidence that he does make guys better. I'm not trying to hate on him, I'd just like to know.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                I have a question for the DeMar fans. I've come a long way in the last two months as far as accepting that we might be paying DeMar the max for the next five years, and as long as there's a coaching change I'm mostly okay with it. Still would rather have a shooting guard who can shoot, but when he's decisive he does enough other good things that it's usually a net positive.

My question is this, does DeMar actually make our other players better? Because I'm having a hard time statistically backing up the idea that the other players on our team are better off for DeMar being on our roster. Lowry's Drtg, Ortg, and net rating are worse in a 2 man unit with DeMar than his season averages.

I'm genuinely curious, and I'd love to see evidence that he does make guys better. I'm not trying to hate on him, I'd just like to know.
                                \_(ツ)_/¯
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X