Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Agreed, if Rick Carlisle can let Casey be his defensive coordinator than their's no shame on Casey's part.
    I'm skeptical of Casey's role as the "defensive coordinator" of that team.

It's not like Rick Carlisle was exactly lacking as a defensive coach. He coached league-best defenses in Indiana and Detroit prior to his stint in Dallas so he's always had a reputation as one of the best defensive HCs in the game, and that's been with different assistants and different rosters.

Also Dallas was not an elite defensive team in 2011. They were 8th which made them one of the better defensive teams (kind of like we are right now), but I think you need to be top 5 to be considered elite on either end.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Yup, but it shouldn't be your top asset.

Although I guess it is cheaper to keep replacing assistants if it achieves the same goal; so brilliance from Masai?
      I don't think its his best assets. I think his best assets is player management/motivation. Being a leader of men.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yup, but it shouldn't be your top asset.

Although I guess it is cheaper to keep replacing assistants if it achieves the same goal; so brilliance from Masai?
        It shouldn't be your top asset, but it also shouldn't be used as a slight against him. If you want to take shots at him it should be for the things he doesn't do properly, not being smart and using the human resources he has around him...

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          I'm skeptical of Casey's role as the "defensive coordinator" of that team.

It's not like Rick Carlisle was exactly lacking as a defensive coach. He coached league-best defenses in Indiana and Detroit prior to his stint in Dallas so he's always had a reputation as one of the best defensive HCs in the game, and that's been with different assistants and different rosters.

Also Dallas was not an elite defensive team in 2011. They were 8th which made them one of the better defensive teams (kind of like we are right now), but I think you need to be top 5 to be considered elite on either end.
          Didn't say it was elite but, Casey did have his hands all over that D(pause). Throughout that whole playoff run they kept talking about how Casey was responsible for the D.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Axel wrote: View Post
            Is there a point to this comment or are you just trying to stir shit up?
            Just thought it would've opened up discussion. And I don't see anyone's shit being stirred atm...

So no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I don't think its his best assets. I think his best assets is player management/motivation. Being a leader of men.
              Seriously? You're always complaining that JV/Ross/Patterson have motivation issues, and you think Casey's best asset is motivation? Does that even make sense?
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Seriously? You're always complaining that JV/Ross/Patterson have motivation issues, and you think Casey's best asset is motivation? Does that even make sense?
                No, I'm always complaining that those guys are inconsistent. Ross/2pat with every aspect of the game. JV just with his defense.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is Nick Nurse not with the team anymore?
                  He is, but the change in approach does seem to coincide with Rex's arrival, and he ran the offence in OKC.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    It shouldn't be your top asset, but it also shouldn't be used as a slight against him. If you want to take shots at him it should be for the things he doesn't do properly, not being smart and using the human resources he has around him...
                    I think it is pretty much one of his few strengths, and considering the missed potential of what a coach can bring to the table, I think it's perfectly fair to see that his top strengths are further down the priority list as a slight.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He is, but the change in approach does seem to coincide with Rex's arrival, and he ran the offence in OKC.
                      But, raps playing nothing like OKC on offense. Except maybe the one on one play but, you don't need a coach to install that type of offense.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well okc might have had an even uglier offence than ours, just with more talent. So if you think the changes to our O are significant this year I don't know if that's from Rex or maybe just Casey/the players listening to Nurse again.

I thought Rex was brought in to be lead assistant. Help with general game planning and management. Think I've seen him drawing up plays in timeouts more than once too. So I'm not sure he focuses on one end of the court.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

But, raps playing nothing like OKC on offense. Except maybe the one on one play but, you don't need a coach to install that type of offense.
                          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Well okc might have had an even uglier offence than ours, just with more talent. So if you think the changes to our O are significant this year I don't know if that's from Rex or maybe just Casey/the players listening to Nurse again.

I thought Rex was brought in to be lead assistant. Help with general game planning and management. Think I've seen him drawing up plays in timeouts more than once too. So I'm not sure he focuses on one end of the court.
                          It's more about connecting dots on a timeline than anything. They don't have to replicate OKC for Rex to have had an influence. Timing seems more likely that it's something he "brought to the table" than anything. He can offer those type of changes without having a clip board in hand on the sidelines.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            I'd suggest the term "motivation" includes everyone's desire to stay (and play) here (Kyle, JV, Lou, Demarre, Cory, Greivis, JJ, etc.)... and others' desire, we have real reason now to expect (Markieff, Aldridge ... KD?), to come.

A pretty big deal. People vote most clearly "with their feet", it is often said. And what all these guys think of Casey, overall, is very much more important than what his detractors think.

I would also suggest that Casey's work on developing the roster and younger players is only marginally understood by any of us, really. And that his shortcomings are overstated - to the exclusion of a fair consideration of the vagaries of roster issues, injury factors and so on. And I would infer this sort of thing because Masai has kept him here ... though the team's various struggles, from time-to-time (and even game-to-game) are all too easily documented.
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Jan 21, 2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• We are talking about a change in DD's offense.. it could be something that Stackhouse has been whispering to him in his ear.. he is new as well to the team and I'm sure is working with DD more so than any of the other assistants.

Comment

It's more about connecting dots on a timeline than anything. They don't have to replicate OKC for Rex to have had an influence. Timing seems more likely that it's something he "brought to the table" than anything. He can offer those type of changes without having a clip board in hand on the sidelines.
                                But we also played better O two years ago and Nurse got credit for that. Think last year was a shitstorm where between our zero accountability coach, and personnel that liked or got into their heads they should chuck. Maybe Rex is helping with accountability though

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X