Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    That 3-pointer is coming along. Fuck YES.
    They've both been set, uncontested, assisted catch and shoot 3s today. He can hit that one.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Regardless, many believed that he could take the next step. We were mocked daily.

Really it comes down to taking better shots to go with his obvious improvements in handling the ball.

I'm glad the tunes have changed. Although, even you have to admit that some "just hate his game"....regardless of how well he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I can't speak for anyone else but I know the rebuttals (or mockery - whatever you want to call it) was not about him able to take the next step (that is just a plain disagreement, I provided evidence as to why it wouldn't happen but, damn, I was wrong on that if the majority of this season's play sticks), it was the justification and excuses for his game as he played it - or as Lowry put it, those "dumb ass shots."

I'm fairly certain the only person who cheered him on while acknowledging the flaws in his game but hopeful and believed he could fix those flaws was Joey.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        They've both been set, uncontested, assisted catch and shoot 3s today. He can hit that one.
        That is all he really has to hit and should hit at a respectable clip.

Very few players should be taking off-balanced or moving, contested, unassisted 3s.

Good looks off ball movement.

If he is the one getting the set, uncontested, assisted catch and shoot 3s that means he isn't holding the ball to set himself up for a long 2 or hoping to get bailed out by the referee.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I can't speak for anyone else but I know the rebuttals (or mockery - whatever you want to call it) was not about him able to take the next step (that is just a plain disagreement, I provided evidence as to why it wouldn't happen but, damn, I was wrong on that if the majority of this season's play sticks), it was the justification and excuses for his game as he played it - or as Lowry put it, those "dumb ass shots."

I'm fairly certain the only person who cheered him on while acknowledging the flaws in his game but hopeful and believed he could fix those flaws was Joey.
          I acknowledged that he was far from perfect or a "finished product" as well. I've been saying that he takes way too many tough shots.

The posts are there for anyone to see.

Last edited by special1; Sun Jan 24, 2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            That 3-pointer is coming along. Fuck YES.
            Are we forgetting the horrendous 3pt% the first few months?

But seriously, does this never end? The man will command the max and probably deserves something close to it in this cap world, it'll be an overpay (unless he reverts, which I don't see happening) but I don't see it hindering us too much.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              I acknowledged that he was far from perfect or a "finished product" as well. I've been saying that he takes way too many tough shots.

The posts are there for anyone to see.

Yeah, don't recall that but I'll take your word for it.

Comment

• JWash wrote:
                Why do people care so much about who was right and who was wrong about DeMar in the past?

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Wild-ling#1 wrote:
                  Everyone knew DeRozan needed to improve his shot selection and efficiency (and that it would be swell to add a 3pt. shot). I see this as revisionist ... and a truly sweeping denial of rationality and "credit where credit is due".

"Man up", guy.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                  Go love yourself, guy.
                  This is why we ask people to avoid being the "3rd man in" and to avoid making attacks personal, such as the bolded and underlined turned what seemed to be a fairly friendly disagreement between two posters into a more personal attacks involving multiple members.

This is just quite funny (and sadly accurate).
                  KHD wrote: View Post
                  Last edited by Axel; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 09:05 AM.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 1.) The people that criticized DeMar were doing so for very valid reasons

a.) People that play a certain way don't usually find basketball jesus, develop a 3 ball, passing, and the notion to drive all in one season.

2.) The people that defended DeMar, even though they may have been right in principal, were making what I consider to be terrible arguments. (I am not commenting on the posters themselves but rather some of the defenses that were come up with)

There are many people like myself who are okay changing an opinion as the facts change or if we learn new information.

Just about everyone like me has acknowledged the turn around and recanted.

Some of us have even gone so far as to say if this 3 - Ball is here to stay we are entering new basketball territory for him and this team.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

This simply isn't true. Many posters supported him while acknowledging his flaws. there may have been a range of belief amongst those posters in terms of whether he could fix the flaws, and perhaps Joey had the most belief, I don't know. I thought he could improve, but admittedly he has exceeded my expectations once again. I didn't think he could be this good, even with an improved shot selection. His dribbling and vision and court awareness have come a long way in a couple of seasons. I'm at the point now where I'm finding it difficult to believe that he won't continue to get even better.

Comment

• There's really nothing to dislike about what DeRozan's been doing for the past few weeks. I hope it's not just the all-star game motivating him. I hope this is what we'll see for the rest of the season, and years ahead. If so, DeRozan will be worth max without much hesitation.

Comment

• I don't really like the way DeRozan played last night. Way too many long jumpers. I think getting hot early got in his head and he started heat-checking, but I guess it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things because our bench made the Clippers' bench look like a Rec-League team. Hopefully he'll get back to focusing slashing next game, I think sometimes the made threes get in his head a bit.

Speaking of the threes. DeRozan is now shooting 42% on catch and shoot threes this season. Which is the third highest percentage on the team behind Lowry (48%) and Ross (43%). He's taking a little over 1 a game so not really the greatest sample size, but he has taken 50 of them on the season in 42 games.

Thing is he actually has always been able to make catch and shoot threes (not at a great clip mind-you, but a decent one), shooting 34% and 32% on them the past couple years. This year he's definitely looking more confident with them we'll see if it carries over for the rest of the season.

But if he can be a reliable catch and shoot 3 point shooter, it just puts even more holes in the now swiss cheese like argument that he can't fit into a proper team/ball-movement concept.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            I don't really like the way DeRozan played last night. Way too many long jumpers. I think getting hot early got in his head and he started heat-checking, but I guess it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things because our bench made the Clippers' bench look like a Rec-League team. Hopefully he'll get back to focusing slashing next game, I think sometimes the made threes get in his head a bit.

Speaking of the threes. DeRozan is now shooting 42% on catch and shoot threes this season. Which is the third highest percentage on the team behind Lowry (48%) and Ross (43%). He's taking a little over 1 a game so not really the greatest sample size, but he has taken 50 of them on the season in 42 games.

Thing is he actually has always been able to make catch and shoot threes (not at a great clip mind-you, but a decent one), shooting 34% and 32% on them the past couple years. This year he's definitely looking more confident with them we'll see if it carries over for the rest of the season.

But if he can be a reliable catch and shoot 3 point shooter, it just puts even more holes in the now swiss cheese like argument that he can't fit into a proper team/ball-movement concept.
                            Seems like Butler, Wall and DD are all making an All Star push. And I can't blame them.

But I thing maybe Scola's effort to "chip in" with threes might have helped as well. Whatever the motivation (Kyle has said he teases DD regularly about this), its good to see him sinking them from the corners and above the break, too.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              I don't really like the way DeRozan played last night. Way too many long jumpers. I think getting hot early got in his head and he started heat-checking, but I guess it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things because our bench made the Clippers' bench look like a Rec-League team. Hopefully he'll get back to focusing slashing next game, I think sometimes the made threes get in his head a bit.

He doesn't need to be Ross or Lowry, he just needs to be reliable enough. Which he is this season.

What I didn't like about his game last night was he was stopping the ball. The difference in ball movement with him on the floor versus off was clearly evident last night, and he's a better player than that.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                He doesn't need to be Ross or Lowry, he just needs to be reliable enough. Which he is this season.

What I didn't like about his game last night was he was stopping the ball. The difference in ball movement with him on the floor versus off was clearly evident last night, and he's a better player than that.
                                Plus, DeRozan's notoriously had trouble in 7 games series vs. a tough/lanky defender like Mbah a Moute (or Otto Porter last year). Once he gets that monkey of his back, I'll be a believer.

Comment

Working...
                                X