Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Plus, DeRozan's notoriously had trouble in 7 games series vs. a tough/lanky defender like Mbah a Moute (or Otto Porter last year). Once he gets that monkey of his back, I'll be a believer.
    DeRozan did fine against Livingston and Joe Johnson when we played the Nets.

We also haven't seen this version of DeRozan in the playoffs.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      DeRozan did fine against Livingston and Joe Johnson when we played the Nets.

We also haven't seen this version of DeRozan in the playoffs.
      The troubling trend to me has been how ineffective he has been against frontcourt traps. Cleveland did it to him, and now the Clippers used the same strategy. Both games, he was fairly ineffective. Let's hope whoever our first round opponent is doesn't see those game tapes.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Plus, DeRozan's notoriously had trouble in 7 games series vs. a tough/lanky defender like Mbah a Moute (or Otto Porter last year). Once he gets that monkey of his back, I'll be a believer.
        I think/ hope that if he gets faced with the same issue he will look to get the ball to an open teammate. He still takes a lot of bad contested shots, but he's been displaying less tunnel vision and not forcing things up as much as in previous years. Part of it is getting compotent shooters around him. Carrol's health as well as PP and Ross' confidence will be huge come playoff time.

Don't necessarily think he has to win the battle against his defender, but he has to show a diversity in his game.

Comment

• Doc Rivers talks about how he's seen DeMar showing up early for work-outs in L.A. for years - and how he's happy to see DeMar becoming a complete player - and an All Star.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/24...-in-doc-rivers

Comment

• Clippers played great defense on DeMar. DD looked like he had a bit of tunnel vision in trying to get his shot off - with how tight they were playing him + showing doubles, he should have been looking to facilitate more. Mbah a Moute played great on ball defense vs. the dribble. Need to use screens more to create space then instead of reverting to the opposite, where on several possessions DD pulled it back out for an ISO but just couldn't get by the defender. Saw some flashback picking up his dribble in a terrible spot, futility pump fakes, and desperate bail out pass moments.

Clearly as DD improves and adjusts his game this season, defense that are paying attention are going to adjust, too. He's going to have to learn how to adjust to the adjustments - but then every good player does.

Fortunately the Raps don't actually need DeMar to score 30 points. Tough shooting night but DeMar still had 18 points and 5 rebounds by the end of the game. If that's a bad/tough night, they'll be fine. If this team gets anywhere in the playoffs, it'll be as a team.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Clippers played great defense on DeMar. DD looked like he had a bit of tunnel vision in trying to get his shot off - with how tight they were playing him + showing doubles, he should have been looking to facilitate more. Mbah a Moute played great on ball defense vs. the dribble. Need to use screens more to create space then instead of reverting to the opposite, where on several possessions DD pulled it back out for an ISO but just couldn't get by the defender. Saw some flashback picking up his dribble in a terrible spot, futility pump fakes, and desperate bail out pass moments.

Clearly as DD improves and adjusts his game this season, defense that are paying attention are going to adjust, too. He's going to have to learn how to adjust to the adjustments - but then every good player does.

Fortunately the Raps don't actually need DeMar to score 30 points. Tough shooting night but DeMar still had 18 points and 5 rebounds by the end of the game. If that's a bad/tough night, they'll be fine. If this team gets anywhere in the playoffs, it'll be as a team.
              Demar has never been the guy who can switch up the way he plays based on opposing defenses.

IF they play him like last night, he plays like last night. Inefficient and tunnel visioned chucker.

That has always been a huge problem with him.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                Demar has never been the guy who can switch up the way he plays based on opposing defenses.

IF they play him like last night, he plays like last night. Inefficient and tunnel visioned chucker.

That has always been a huge problem with him.
                The whole "DeMar has never" is pretty irrelevant. His game this year is completely different from past years.

Comment

The whole "DeMar has never" is pretty irrelevant. His game this year is completely different from past years.
                  I have one concern going towards the playoffs with DeMar, and it's that he hasn't effectively responded to frontcourt traps, which were used effectively by both the Cavs and the Clips. Other than that, very happy going to the playoffs with the current version of him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    I have one concern going towards the playoffs with DeMar, and it's that he hasn't effectively responded to frontcourt traps, which were used effectively by both the Cavs and the Clips. Other than that, very happy going to the playoffs with the current version of him.
                    Hasn't effectively responded to frontcourt traps in two games, those are not the only games he got trapped in.

Comment

Hasn't effectively responded to frontcourt traps in two games, those are not the only games he got trapped in.
                      Hey, if you can show me recent examples of him effectively responding to the trap to our benefit, I'll completely recant my doubts. From what I've seen, the traps have worked against him, but I'm willing to admit I could be wrong.

Comment

• Do all of my posts get deleted now, or just some?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Do all of my posts get deleted now, or just some?
                          We encourage all posters to get involved in the topical discussion in each and every thread, while avoiding making remarks about your fellow posters, which does nothing to add to the ongoing conversation.

Comment

• Can DeMar turn down the Lakers?

Whatever you think about Demar, the way he is playing, he is going to get max-ish money somewhere. I'm not interested in whether you want to it be here. But, based on an assumption we want him here, is there not a perfect storm of events for him to go to LA? Home is a huge pull for anyone and more so for him. His entire career has been inspired and modeled after one guy (Kobe). That guy happens to be future hall of famer with multiple rings. As opposed to everyone else who may be retiring this year we know well in advance that he is. Demar can have his childhood hero give him a pitch that says "come take my crown" and lead the rebirth of the Lakers. How does he say no to that?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Whatever you think about Demar, the way he is playing, he is going to get max-ish money somewhere. I'm not interested in whether you want to it be here. But, based on an assumption we want him here, is there not a perfect storm of events for him to go to LA? Home is a huge pull for anyone and more so for him. His entire career has been inspired and modeled after one guy (Kobe). That guy happens to be future hall of famer with multiple rings. As opposed to everyone else who may be retiring this year we know well in advance that he is. Demar can have his childhood hero give him a pitch that says "come take my crown" and lead the rebirth of the Lakers. How does he say no to that?
                              Anyone who likes winning.

No one will be going to the Lakers willingly. The Lakers will mostly be used by players to show other teams how much they'd be willing to spend on them. As long as the difference between what the Lakers are offering and the actual team(s) they want to go are offering are not substancial; they won't be going to the Lakers.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                Anyone who likes winning.

No one will be going to the Lakers willingly. The Lakers will mostly be used by players to show other teams how much they'd be willing to spend on them. As long as the difference between what the Lakers are offering and the actual team(s) they want to go are offering are not substancial; they won't be going to the Lakers.
                                This argument makes sense if we win in the playoffs this year. If we go out in the first round again, then, well... hard to sell him on staying in Toronto to win, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X