Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    This argument makes sense if we win in the playoffs this year. If we go out in the first round again, then, well... hard to sell him on staying in Toronto to win, isn't it?
    It's very hard for me to picture him pulling an Aldridge.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Whatever you think about Demar, the way he is playing, he is going to get max-ish money somewhere. I'm not interested in whether you want to it be here. But, based on an assumption we want him here, is there not a perfect storm of events for him to go to LA? Home is a huge pull for anyone and more so for him. His entire career has been inspired and modeled after one guy (Kobe). That guy happens to be future hall of famer with multiple rings. As opposed to everyone else who may be retiring this year we know well in advance that he is. Demar can have his childhood hero give him a pitch that says "come take my crown" and lead the rebirth of the Lakers. How does he say no to that?
      A real possibility.

To play devil's advocate, LA is a hot mess and I'm pretty sure the Jr. Busses are going to prove not nearly as competent running the organization as the old man was. The Lakers have already bottomed out in terms of single season losses and how long this dry spell is lasting. What's their plan other than hoping a big FA signs with them every summer just because it's the Lakers? So far they've been getting skunked.

And on the flip side, DeMar has spent seven years building something and the team probably feels like it's finally getting somewhere. Making some noise in the playoffs will be huge. He's really happy and being catered to in Toronto. A bit different than even the LMA comparison - there were warning signs that he was unhappy with the guard-dominant direction there, Portland was nowhere near a conference finalist in the west, and the freaking Spurs wanted him. I'd be more worried if the Spurs or Warriors wanted DeMar than I am by his hometown Lakers. A lot of players turn down their hometown teams.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        Anyone who likes winning.

No one will be going to the Lakers willingly. The Lakers will mostly be used by players to show other teams how much they'd be willing to spend on them. As long as the difference between what the Lakers are offering and the actual team(s) they want to go are offering are not substancial; they won't be going to the Lakers.

Lakers are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports.

PLaying in front of moviestars and wearing the purple and gold will always attract FAs

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          A real possibility.

To play devil's advocate, LA is a hot mess and I'm pretty sure the Jr. Busses are going to prove not nearly as competent running the organization as the old man was. The Lakers have already bottomed out in terms of single season losses and how long this dry spell is lasting. What's their plan other than hoping a big FA signs with them every summer just because it's the Lakers? So far they've been getting skunked.

And on the flip side, DeMar has spent seven years building something and the team probably feels like it's finally getting somewhere. Making some noise in the playoffs will be huge. He's really happy and being catered to in Toronto. A bit different than even the LMA comparison - there were warning signs that he was unhappy with the guard-dominant direction there, Portland was nowhere near a conference finalist in the west, and the freaking Spurs wanted him. I'd be more worried if the Spurs or Warriors wanted DeMar than I am by his hometown Lakers. A lot of players turn down their hometown teams.
          LA can turn it around fast if they want to.

Potential top 3 pick, capspace, some youth to add to a sign and trade if needed( right now they have about 23 million in salary comitted. With the pick they have over 60 million available in capspace)

They could very well walk away with Demar and Horford and the number 1 pick this offseason. AND someone like Pau.

Clarkson/Randle
          Demar/Lou
          Simmons/Swaggy
          Horford/Randle/Nance JR
          Pau

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            Lakers are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports.

PLaying in front of moviestars and wearing the purple and gold will always attract FAs
            You might be over-valuing "history and Hollywood" when you're looking at 20-win seasons for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              You might be over-valuing "history and Hollywood" when you're looking at 20-win seasons for the foreseeable future.
              60 million in capspace and a number 1 pick can change the foreseeable future fast.

Simmons, Demar, Horford.

Comment

LA can turn it around fast if they want to.

Potential top 3 pick, capspace, some youth to add to a sign and trade if needed( right now they have about 23 million in salary comitted. With the pick they have over 60 million available in capspace)

They could very well walk away with Demar and Horford and the number 1 pick this offseason. AND someone like Pau.

Clarkson/Randle
                Demar/Lou
                Simmons/Swaggy
                Horford/Randle/Nance JR
                Pau
                Replace 3/5 of any starting lineup with allstars, and every team looks good.

Comment

Replace 3/5 of any starting lineup with allstars, and every team looks good.
                  they have the resources to make that happen.

Comment

they have the resources to make that happen.
                    It's still a highly improbable scenario.

Besides, Boston has just as much history, and even more "resources".

Comment

It's still a highly improbable scenario.

Besides, Boston has just as much history, and even more "resources".
                      But ... Demar isn't from Boston ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        But ... Demar isn't from Boston ...
                        I wonder how much that really matters. Has DeRozan ever said anything about wanting to play in his hometown? Everything I've heard is how much he loves Toronto.

Comment

• Snooch desperately wants Derozan to go to the Lakers. It ain't happening. Derozan has his own team and it's a winner, everything points to him staying in Toronto.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            Doc Rivers talks about how he's seen DeMar showing up early for work-outs in L.A. for years - and how he's happy to see DeMar becoming a complete player - and an All Star.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/24...-in-doc-rivers
                            Good fine. All that hard work over the years finally coming together.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wonder how much that really matters. Has DeRozan ever said anything about wanting to play in his hometown? Everything I've heard is how much he loves Toronto.
                              Did Lebron ever say anything about wanting to leave the Cavs?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Snooch desperately wants Derozan to go to the Lakers. It ain't happening. Derozan has his own team and it's a winner, everything points to him staying in Toronto.
                                I could care less where demar goes.

Team wins, but I struggle to watch games with him on the team. FAr to boring a player,....add to that Leo and Matt and JAck incessantly propping up demar and it makes not only the eyes but also the ears bleed.

Have to watch feeds from other teams just so I dont hear Demar, Demar, Demar, Demar, Demar, Demar

I would rather hear "thats a seven footer out there" for 2 hours straight just to gain a little reprieve from the Demar gargle.

Comment

Working...
                                X