• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    What's the point of this post other than being a troll/downer
    Because it's Snooch in a DeRozan thread

Comment

• Not sure where this goes. A very funny interview with DD and Kyle on Dan Le Batard (ESPN Radio)

Check 33 minutes in:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14666968

Comment

• It's Time to Finally Cash in on DeRozan

This is the time to trade him. For once the "he'll never be better" actually applies. No this isn't the foolishness we've seen in the past where we swap him for Danny Green or Dion Waiters or a mid-late 1st round pick. This a legitimate star asset. He's there now. 23-5-4, efficient, advanced stats check out, he's big time, he's a star in this league and assassin a warrior, a scoring demon in a suit of skin, muscle and bones.

But we don't need him. TRoss has what it takes to be a starting SG in this league. 3+D, can stroke it from deep, athletic, can get out on the break and finish, lock down his man, play passing lanes, etc.

Time to cash in DeRozan. Deal him for a legitimate star at the PF position or a prospect who can become that. More flexibility, same talent level on the team. The only question now is who, when and how.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          This is the time to trade him. For once the "he'll never be better" actually applies. No this isn't the foolishness we've seen in the past where we swap him for Danny Green or Dion Waiters or a mid-late 1st round pick. This a legitimate star asset. He's there now. 23-5-4, efficient, advanced stats check out, he's big time, he's a star in this league and assassin a warrior, a scoring demon in a suit of skin, muscle and bones.

But we don't need him. TRoss has what it takes to be a starting SG in this league. 3+D, can stroke it from deep, athletic, can get out on the break and finish, lock down his man, play passing lanes, etc.

Time to cash in DeRozan. Deal him for a legitimate star at the PF position or a prospect who can become that. More flexibility, same talent level on the team. The only question now is who, when and how.

Pass.

Comment

I honestly, never thought I'd see you post this. But I agree.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• This is basically what everyone's been hinting at for the past few days, so might as well stop beating around the bush.

Comment

• This is going to be a fun thread.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This is basically what everyone's been hinting at for the past few days, so might as well stop beating around the bush.
                  I'll be honest, I like DeMar this season more than any season in the past. The thing is, the rest of the team might be improving more around him. He's a great scorer, good player, and the best case for keeping him is our team chemistry.

The question is, does he do enough to be maxxed this summer? I keep going back to this. He's going to get the max, but do you really want to give that to a guy who doesn't make other guys better?

Comment

• /out

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      I'll be honest, I like DeMar this season more than any season in the past. The thing is, the rest of the team might be improving more around him. He's a great scorer, good player, and the best case for keeping him is our team chemistry.

The question is, does he do enough to be maxxed this summer? I keep going back to this. He's going to get the max, but do you really want to give that to a guy who doesn't make other guys better?
                      Don't know, why pay any player that isn't a superstar?

Comment

Don't know, why pay any player that isn't a superstar?
                        Because you need role players. And scoring is a role. But why max any player that isn't a superstar? And is DeMar really that?

The truth is, there has been some regression since December. Our winning streak has hidden it though. His AST% is down(23.1% in December, 18.9% in January), his true shooting is down(56.8% in December, 53.7% in January), his DRtg is up despite us having the third best defense in the league in January(101.7 in December, 106.1 in January).

I'm not against keeping DeMar, I just want him to be on an upward trajectory, and I can't understand that when almost everyone else is getting better, he's trending the other way.

Comment

• nah, I'll keep him, the trade value on him unless he goes to a place he wants to is NIL
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DeRozan holds all the power here
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Because you need role players. And scoring is a role. But why max any player that isn't a superstar? And is DeMar really that?

The truth is, there has been some regression since December. Our winning streak has hidden it though. His AST% is down(23.1% in December, 18.9% in January), his true shooting is down(56.8% in December, 53.7% in January), his DRtg is up despite us having the third best defense in the league in January(101.7 in December, 106.1 in January).

I'm not against keeping DeMar, I just want him to be on an upward trajectory, and I can't understand that when almost everyone else is getting better, he's trending the other way.
                              Cause he's hurting us and we need to let him go.

Either that or he just doesn't contribute to wins. And his production exists in some vacuum between a win and a loss where its non-existence in any sort of tangible basketball result appears like a black hole on the stat-sheet.

Comment

• if OKC gives us Ibaka then yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X