Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    This is a great idea.

One thing I've never really understood is JV's reluctance to shoot that shot though. He's absolutely money from there this year shooting 47.4% from 16-23 feet and the about the same (47.4%) from 10-16 feet. Hardly takes any though, they make up 15.3% of his shots combined.
    And that's brought down a little by a few shots he's taken off the dribble for some reason. On catch and shoot 2PA's outside of 10 feet this season, he is shooting 15 for 30, dead on 50%. When he's open (which presumably would be the shot where you'd want him to take it from about 15 feet - if covered probably take a dribble in, setting up a post play), it's even better at 13/23 (56%). No guarantee that holds up with heavier use, but 50%+ is elite midrange shooting so if he can keep it up even a bit that's a serious weapon. And wouldn't it be nice if he became known as a threat from there, and then he could finally utilize that pump fake to devastating effect?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      Igauskus and Lebron used to run a play all the time where they would screen and Zyundras would pop to about 15 - 18ft. This gave Lebron free range in the paint.

I'd love to see a DeRozan, JV version of that
      The difference is that Lowry is calling most of the plays here, not Derozan. And DD doesn't have Lebron's elite passing skills or overall BBIQ/decision making abilities.

But would I like to see more DD/JV, 2-man game? Hell, yeah.

Comment

• To ask another DeMar question, what do people think of the 3 point implantation that is happening in his game this month.

Is he becoming a decent 3 point shooter, is it noise, is it a change in style?

I personally think he probably is around a 33% low volume 3 point shooter going forward

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
          To ask another DeMar question, what do people think of the 3 point implantation that is happening in his game this month.

Is he becoming a decent 3 point shooter, is it noise, is it a change in style?

I personally think he probably is around a 33% low volume 3 point shooter going forward
          I've said it many times before, if it's an open catch-and-shoot 3, he hits those well enough to take them. If it's a pull-up, basically any shot is better.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I've said it many times before, if it's an open catch-and-shoot 3, he hits those well enough to take them. If it's a pull-up, basically any shot is better.
            So do you think hes actually incorporating the catch and shoot 3 or is this just him feeling good. He seems to be hesitating less with it?

Comment

So do you think hes actually incorporating the catch and shoot 3 or is this just him feeling good. He seems to be hesitating less with it?
              He's actually been decent(30+%) at catch and shoot 3s for 2 years. He just took too many pull-ups prior to the last month.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                The difference is that Lowry is calling most of the plays here, not Derozan. And DD doesn't have Lebron's elite passing skills or overall BBIQ/decision making abilities.

But would I like to see more DD/JV, 2-man game? Hell, yeah.
                you don't need elite passing skills to run that play. It's a sideways bounce pass
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  He's actually been decent(30+%) at catch and shoot 3s for 2 years. He just took too many pull-ups prior to the last month.
                  My question, (Sorry if I'm not being clear) is whether you think he's figured out that taking catch and shoots in rhythm is good and taking pull up 3 (Except when he has no other choice) is bad?

Comment

My question, (Sorry if I'm not being clear) is whether you think he's figured out that taking catch and shoots in rhythm is good and taking pull up 3 (Except when he has no other choice) is bad?
                    We are not sure Derozans opinion on this because we haven't had the chance to ask him
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's hard to say. He had an awful pull-up 3 last night where he could've passed out for a better shot for a teammate, but for the most part he's taking a lot less of those. His decision making overall is much better this year.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        So you would trade a two time AllStar and potential national team player for additional playing time for two rookies selected 20th and one taken 44th which you could have for no cost at your discretion.

Edit..I also was remiss in observing your idea that letting one of your two most valuable assets, that you have invested 7 years developing into one of the 30 best players in the league, walk away for nothing.

Shrewd.
                        If you can come up with a better trade that will help us more THIS season, feel free to add.

It makes sense to keep him and enjoy the success now, but go in a different direction after, which includes people we haven't even drafted or picked up in free agency yet, nor the one that is underutilized on our roster.

Yes we spent 7 years developing, but if we wanted to cash in on that we needed to trade him in the offseason. Letting him walk at seasons end is the best case scenario for the franchise. You can quote me on that 6 days to Sunday

Comment

• The problem with this concept of cashing in an asset at its peak is that the asset is not being correctly valued.

An asset's value consists of two parts: player value and contract value.

DeMar's player value is at an all-time high. DeMar's contract value is approaching its all-time low, and will be lowest on the day of the trade deadline, because in a sign-and-trade scenario the other party has contract term certainty.

If you were going to trade DeMar it should have been last summer or before. There is no point now. Not unless there is a transformative opportunity available. But "cashing in" is dumb because you are NOT cashing in at the asset's peak value.

If anything, Lowry would be the one to cash in. But as I've argued before, if you trade Lowry you might as well rebuild from scratch--that's how important he is to the team.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            If you can come up with a better trade that will help us more THIS season, feel free to add.

It makes sense to keep him and enjoy the success now, but go in a different direction after, which includes people we haven't even drafted or picked up in free agency yet, nor the one that is underutilized on our roster.

Yes we spent 7 years developing, but if we wanted to cash in on that we needed to trade him in the offseason. Letting him walk at seasons end is the best case scenario for the franchise. You can quote me on that 6 days to Sunday
                            Letting him walk is by far the dumbest thing we can do.

- Trading him for whatever we can get at the deadline
                            - Re-signing him and trading him later
                            - Re-signing him and not trading him

Are all much more intelligent than letting him walk. Maybe if we had max cap space and the inside track on a guy like Durant, but we don't. Plus we wouldn't even be able to use the full MLE, so we'd be stuck with <15M to spend in free agency to fill starting PF, backup SG, backup C. In the new cap environment, I believe the financial term the NBA guys are using for that is "we're fucked".

Literally the absolute stupidest decision would be to just let him walk. He's not a diminishing or declining asset. Not only would it be atrocious asset management, but it would look horrible for the team when it comes to pitching free agents later and how the hell do you explain that to Lowry? "Hey Kyle, so we kinda just let DD go, didn't bring in anyone substantial at another spot to make the team better, but we're cool right?" I don't see that working.
                            Last edited by JWash; Fri Jan 29, 2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Demar DeRozan stats last 25 Games

25p / 5r / 4a / 1s / 48% FG / 38% 3FG / 86% FT / 37 Mins
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Demar DeRozan stats last 25 Games

25p / 5r / 4a / 1s / 48% FG / 38% 3FG / 86% FT / 37 Mins
                                Heyyyyy

Comment

Working...
                                X