Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    If I wanted to find evidence of DeMar's inefficiencies and weaknesses, those are easy to find. In the last 800 pages they've all been gone over. I'm not trying to do that, I'm trying to say he can be a lot better.
    I just don't understand why all of a sudden you think he can be (a lot) better when you didn't even think he would be this good.

Top 5 at his position is really good. Two time all-star at 26 is really good. You don't get a lot better than that.

Sounds like you actually think he is a superstar because you never seem satisfied. Many times Demar has a great overall game and you consistently nitpick about a stretch or a quarter. You don't seem satisfied with very good/all-star/top 5 type of player and to me that's ridiculous.

It's foolish to compare Demar to superstar players as he's not one. Maybe if he can finally shoot the 3 at a good percentage he gets there, but most fans are very happy with Demar's play this year. With you, he needs to be a top 10 player before you actually give him credit for what he's accomplished.

I just don't see the same type of scrutiny with the other players in their roles, to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      I just don't understand why all of a sudden you think he can be (a lot) better when you didn't even think he would be this good.

Top 5 at his position is really good. Two time all-star at 26 is really good. You don't get a lot better than that.

Sounds like you actually think he is a superstar because you never seem satisfied. Many times Demar has a great overall game and you consistently nitpick about a stretch or a quarter. You don't seem satisfied with very good/all-star/top 5 type of player and to me that's ridiculous.

It's foolish to compare Demar to superstar players as he's not one. Maybe if he can finally shoot the 3 at a good percentage he gets there, but most fans are very happy with Demar's play this year. With you, he needs to be a top 10 player before you actually give him credit for what he's accomplished.

I just don't see the same type of scrutiny with the other players in their roles, to be honest.

If you're a big fan of DeMar, I don't understand why you'd have a problem with someone wanting him to get better. Shouldn't fans always want players to be getting better?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

If I wanted to find evidence of DeMar's inefficiencies and weaknesses, those are easy to find. In the last 800 pages they've all been gone over. I'm not trying to do that, I'm trying to say he can be a lot better.
        Ironically, they aren't as easy to identify as they once were Honestly, if you're hope for this team is based on Demar becoming a superstar or, if not, then traded, then I imagine you may be disappointed.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan - Announced as 2016 All-Star selection by Coaches!

Barolt wrote: View Post
          If you're a big fan of DeMar, I don't understand why you'd have a problem with someone wanting him to get better. Shouldn't fans always want players to be getting better?
          Yes, we want ALL of our players to get better. Demar should be the least of our worries.

Personally, I'm more concerned about JV getting better, Ross getting better, Bruno getting better, etc.

Demar is basically starting his prime and is already a top player at his position. Why the hell are we still worried about him? We need the other guys to get MUCH better so that we can actually be a contender.

Demar can morph into Lebron and that means nothing unless his teammates improve as well. This is why your constant focus on Demar is confusing....

We know what we have with Demar. A really good player. A top 10 scorer. An all-star top 5 at his position. Now we need the other players to step up to their potential or we need to trade for that/those players.

Honestly, we have Kyle and Demar playing out of their minds. Imagine if JV reaches his full potential and Ross as well.....Imagine.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Ironically, they aren't as easy to identify as they once were Honestly, if you're hope for this team is based on Demar becoming a superstar or, if not, then traded, then I imagine you may be disappointed.
            It really isn't. But I'd like to see us win, or at least contend for, titles. And if we're maxing DeMar, we need him to continue to improve. I'm really just not sure why it's seen as so negative to say that his continued improvement in playmaking and defense would make him a better player and us a better team.

Comment

Yes, we want ALL of our players to get better. Demar should be the least of our worries.

Personally, I'm more concerned about JV getting better, Ross getting better, Bruno getting better, etc.

Demar is basically starting his prime and is already a top player at his position. Why the hell are we still worried about him? We need the other guys to get MUCH better so that we can actually be a contender.

Demar can morph into Lebron and that means nothing unless his teammates improve as well. This is why your constant focus on Demar is confusing....

We know what we have with Demar. A really good player. A top 10 scorer. An all-star top 5 at his position. Now we need the other pieces to step up to their potential.

Honestly, we have Kyle and Demar playing out of their minds. Imagine if JV reaches his full potential and Ross as well.....Imagine.

I'm sorry, I thought this was the DeMar thread, so I was talking about DeMar. I've talked about the other players in the relevant threads, and agree they all need to get better.

Comment

It really isn't. But I'd like to see us win, or at least contend for, titles. And if we're maxing DeMar, we need him to continue to improve. I'm really just not sure why it's seen as so negative to say that his continued improvement in playmaking and defense would make him a better player and us a better team.
                That's obvious though. But you don't seem to acknowledge that he's good enough (right now). We need the other young guys to reach their potential.... Why are you so worried about Demar? Maybe Ross takes the next jump and improves his playmaking.... Maybe JV becomes a great passer out of the post and gives us another style to use.

Seriously, it feels weird saying this, but it's not all about Demar! He's just one player. Everyone on the team needs to be improving.

Comment

That's obvious though. But you don't seem to acknowledge that he's good enough (right now). We need the other young guys to reach their potential.... Why are you so worried about Demar? Maybe Ross takes the next jump and improves his playmaking.... Maybe JV becomes a great passer out of the post and gives us another style to use.

Seriously, it feels weird saying this, but it's not all about Demar! He's just one player. Everyone on the team needs to be improving.

This thread really is all about DeMar. I've posted about how great he was in December. January he regressed a little bit. Posting about how great someone is gets boring, it's much more interesting to talk about how things can get better.

Comment

I'm sorry, I thought this was the DeMar thread, so I was talking about DeMar. I've talked about the other players in the relevant threads, and agree they all need to get better.
                    Lol

You know this is your favourite thread

Comment

Lol

You know this is your favourite thread

I hate this thread, honestly. It's just the most active thread and I have a lot of time on my hands.

Comment

This thread really is all about DeMar. I've posted about how great he was in December. January he regressed a little bit. Posting about how great someone is gets boring, it's much more interesting to talk about how things can get better.
                        Just weird that out of all our players, you're constantly talking about our all-stars and how they aren't playing as well as you'd like. How they can get A LOT better....lol

Just saying....We should be worried about the other guys. The other guys need to get A LOT better.

Comment

Just weird that out of all our players, you're constantly talking about our all-stars and how they aren't playing as well as you'd like. How hey can get A LOT better....lol

Just saying....We should be worried about the other guys. The other guys need to get A LOT better.

You know, I've tried starting conversation in the Ross thread in the last two weeks, noone ever responds.

And honestly, our bench is playing out of their minds right now. Ross isn't going to get much better unless he starts touching the ball more. He had 20+ touches twice in 14 games in January.

JV isn't going to get much better until he starts being more of an offensive focus.

So realistically, where can we get better without a system overhaul? DeMar and Lowry. Because they're the only ones with the real opportunities to improve the way our offense is currently constructed.

Comment

You know, I've tried starting conversation in the Ross thread in the last two weeks, noone ever responds.

And honestly, our bench is playing out of their minds right now. Ross isn't going to get much better unless he starts touching the ball more. He had 20+ touches twice in 14 games in January.

JV isn't going to get much better until he starts being more of an offensive focus.

So realistically, where can we get better without a system overhaul? DeMar and Lowry. Because they're the only ones with the real opportunities to improve the way our offense is currently constructed.
                            I don't agree with this at all.

I think JV is only 23 and can get MUCH better.

I had my doubts about Ross, but he's made a believer out of me. I think he can get MUCH better as well. This year I've seen both players make passes they didn't used to make. They're just better and there's no reason to think their growth won't continue.

Fans have no idea what losing can do to players. I would bet $$$ that JV prefers being the starting C on a #2 team in the conference (top 4 the last few years) as opposed to being the #1 option on a bottom feeder.

JV and Ross get to grow in a winning environment and if/when their time comes, will be ready to accept a larger role. Fans can be so impatient.

Comment

I don't agree with this at all.

I think JV is only 23 and can get MUCH better.

I had my doubts about Ross, but he's made a believer out of me. I think he can get MUCH better as well. This year I've seen both players make passes they didn't used to make. They're just better and there's no reason to think their growth won't continue.

Fans have no idea what losing can do to players. I would bet $$$ that JV prefers being the starting C on a #2 team in the conference (top 4 the last few years) as opposed to being the #1 option on a bottom feeder.

JV and Ross get to grow in a winning environment and if/when their time comes, will be ready to accept a larger role. Fans can be so impatient.

I agree with you that Ross and JV can both get much better, I just don't think it can happen in this system. Neither one of them gets the ball enough to really see any improvements.

Ross in January shot 47.5% from the field, 40.0% from 3, had one of the top 10 DRtgs in the league, and a 18.0 net rating. And saw his touches, shots and minutes decrease, despite Carroll missing most of the month and JJ having a negative net rating.

JV in January shot 51.2% from the field, ranked in the top 5 in the league in defensive rebounding percentage, offensive rebounding percentage and total rebounding percentage, and is playing easily the best basketball of his career right now, and only was on the court 27.2 minutes er game.

Those guys aren't getting the opportunities.

Comment

I agree with you that Ross and JV can both get much better, I just don't think it can happen in this system. Neither one of them gets the ball enough to really see any improvements.

Ross in January shot 47.5% from the field, 40.0% from 3, had one of the top 10 DRtgs in the league, and a 18.0 net rating. And saw his touches, shots and minutes decrease, despite Carroll missing most of the month and JJ having a negative net rating.

JV in January shot 51.2% from the field, ranked in the top 5 in the league in defensive rebounding percentage, offensive rebounding percentage and total rebounding percentage, and is playing easily the best basketball of his career right now, and only was on the court 27.2 minutes er game.

Those guys aren't getting the opportunities.
                                I wonder if there is a correlation there. Ross doesn't seem to be the type that responds well to increased responsibility and pressure. Well, I don't know if I should say it like that, but giving him a limited role with limited responsibility in which he knows what he needs to do and how to do it and isn't expected to be too creative seems to suit him well. And hopefully he will grow into the type that will embrace those types of challenges and will excel with increased responsibility. Remember, Ross used to start for this team, so it's not like he hasn't had the opportunity to "break out" so to speak. But he has much talent, and hopefully with time he will start to show more.

As for JV, I'm kinda with ya. I think he should get more time and/or responsibility. However, I do not think the offensive system, or lack thereof, is to blame here. But I think JV's development is going fine, and perhaps he could produce more if given more opportunity, but why rush it when we are doing so well as a team, and he continues to improve? He has come so far the last 3 seasons, specifically defensively, that I find it difficult to be upset with the franchise's handling of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X