No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If DD doesn't change his game and has the success he is having, tough to fault Casey for his comments in this situation.

However he has significantly changed his game overall this season. It also happens the changes were was many of the Internet critics had been saying for years.

So yeah, up yours Coach.

Now inhale to run upstairs. Mom has my eggs ready.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Is there such a thing as a chest thumping, crow eating critic?

The same guys that bashed Demar and Casey to smithereens..... Can't take a little shade.

You guys were right all along....Except the part where you didn't think they would actually improve..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think the instant gratification is right on. People gave up on DD just cause he didn't figure it out in his 4th year. I think people actually upset cause, what Casey said is hitting home. In some ways its true were all guys on the internet who weren't good enough in basketball or we wouldn't be on the outside looking in.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think its a little disingenuous to say that the criticisms of DeRozan were simple suggestions that he needed to change his game.

We questioned his intelligence, called him selfish, mocked his worked ethic and determination (how many times was the # proveem hashtag thrown up in this thread to make fun of him?), stated definitively we can't win with him, and repeated over and over again that this type of improvement from him was basically impossible. I'm sure I could scan the posts and find many calling him a cancer to the team, etc.

To imply that DeRozan - or Casey for that matter, who is routinely called an idiot or worse by his critics - owe their detractors some modicum of respect or gratitude while enjoying this success... Yeah, that's not really how human nature works.

Comment

• When I make the movie about the Raptors historic ascendency to the highest echelon of NBA franchises, I'll probably use this scene:

as an inspiration to illustrate this quote:

"I think coaches understand, the pure basketball minds understand. Now the fringe fans, the people in the basement on the internet doing all that stuff, probably not, they don't see the instant gratification but I think the true, old-school basketball people understand and appreciate and respect what he's done and what he's accomplishing."
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Do you guys think this forum is representative of comment sections in general? There are a lot of idiots out there. They do seep into here occasionally, but usually get torn to shreds and stop posting here.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                lol. heaven forbid someone who takes as much shit as casey or derozan would take a shot when he gets it. hahaha
                But what are they taking a shot at?

They are taking a shot at the fact they were wrong and finally adapted.

....and Casey has always taken shots at anyone who questions him.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                  I think its a little disingenuous to say that the criticisms of DeRozan were simple suggestions that he needed to change his game.

We questioned his intelligence, called him selfish, mocked his worked ethic and determination (how many times was the # proveem hashtag thrown up in this thread to make fun of him?), stated definitively we can't win with him, and repeated over and over again that this type of improvement from him was basically impossible. I'm sure I could scan the posts and find many calling him a cancer to the team, etc.

To imply that DeRozan - or Casey for that matter, who is routinely called an idiot or worse by his critics - owe their detractors some modicum of respect or gratitude while enjoying this success... Yeah, that's not really how human nature works.
                  Preach.

Comment

• Taking a shit on someone then patting yourself on the back when they have success.

This is like an abusive parent patting themselves on the back when their kid who was a C student through high-school ends up as valedictorian at university. You don't get to do that lol.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      If DD doesn't change his game and has the success he is having, tough to fault Casey for his comments in this situation.

However he has significantly changed his game overall this season. It also happens the changes were was many of the Internet critics had been saying for years.

So yeah, up yours Coach.

Now inhale to run upstairs. Mom has my eggs ready.
                      While I think Casey's comments were stupid (as "basement critics" is a stupid argument in general), I would really like to know how the internet critics were right all along in this specific situation.

DeMar's overall game hasn't changed significantly this year, though his rate of success has; his game is a natural progression of what it's always been. The big knock here and elsewhere has always been about him learning to shoot the 3, and that part of his game (neither the attempt rate nor his make %) hasn't changed very much at all.

The two biggest contributors to his improved efficiency are him taking it inside a little more frequently and moreso a 7% jump in his FG% from 10-16 ft. And that's not because he's suddenly taking fewer contested mid-range shots. His open/wide-open frequency from >10ft has only changed from 26% to 25%. He's just hitting them more frequently because his BBIQ has improved; the game has slowed down for him and he is sneaky enough to get his shot off or draw the foul.

His assist rate is up 2.3% from where it was 2 years ago. So he's passing a bit more, but this part of his game was on display the first time he made the all-star game. It's just a little better now. It has been the definition of a slow steady progression upwards, from 4.9% to 8.6% to 10.8% to 12.0% to 18.9% to 17.0% to 21.2%. It isn't something new.

His free throw attempt rate is again just a little better now than it's been the last couple years.

He's pretty much the same player he's always been; he's just the best version of himself now. And that's a marked difference from everyone who blasted him for not being able to shoot the 3.

Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to shit on a player for years and then claim to have been right all along.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        lol. heaven forbid someone who takes as much shit as casey or derozan would take a shot when he gets it. hahaha
                        +1
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          While I think Casey's comments were stupid (as "basement critics" is a stupid argument in general), I would really like to know how the internet critics were right all along in this specific situation.

DeMar's overall game hasn't changed significantly this year, though his rate of success has; his game is a natural progression of what it's always been. The big knock here and elsewhere has always been about him learning to shoot the 3, and that part of his game (neither the attempt rate nor his make %) hasn't changed very much at all.

The two biggest contributors to his improved efficiency are him taking it inside a little more frequently and moreso a 7% jump in his FG% from 10-16 ft. And that's not because he's suddenly taking fewer contested mid-range shots. His open/wide-open frequency from >10ft has only changed from 26% to 25%. He's just hitting them more frequently because his BBIQ has improved; the game has slowed down for him and he is sneaky enough to get his shot off or draw the foul.

His assist rate is up 2.3% from where it was 2 years ago. So he's passing a bit more, but this part of his game was on display the first time he made the all-star game. It's just a little better now. It has been the definition of a slow steady progression upwards, from 4.9% to 8.6% to 10.8% to 12.0% to 18.9% to 17.0% to 21.2%. It isn't something new.

His free throw attempt rate is again just a little better now than it's been the last couple years.

He's pretty much the same player he's always been; he's just the best version of himself now. And that's a marked difference from everyone who blasted him for not being able to shoot the 3.

Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to shit on a player for years and then claim to have been right all along.
                          The same as he has always been? That is biggest insult ive read on him.

I never claimed to be right all along. I was flat out wrong on his ability to change. What I and others were not wrong on was the faults in is his game.

The stats are interesting. I'd go through and pick apart but there is no need. This is a great example of numbers not marching the eye test.

In the great words of Kyke Lowry,he quit "the dumbass shots". That has done so muchc for his game and more importantly the team. He isn't perfect and he has reverted at times but overall he has really done an about face.

Comment

• Were the complaints about DeRozan that he should drive more? Or that his game was out-dated and that a SG needs to be able to shoot 3s, and as a result we should get rid of him for someone who can?

Just wondering.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              The same as he has always been? That is biggest insult ive read on him.

I never claimed to be right all along. I was flat out wrong on his ability to change. What I and others were not wrong on was the faults in is his game.

The stats are interesting. I'd go through and pick apart but there is no need. This is a great example of numbers not marching the eye test.

In the great words of Kyke Lowry,he quit "the dumbass shots". That has done so muchc for his game and more importantly the team. He isn't perfect and he has reverted at times but overall he has really done an about face.
                              the numbers do match the eye test if you actually look at the right numbers.

Last year, 34% of his shots between 16ft and 3 (and career average 33%). This year 24%.

AKA less "dumbass shots".

Comment

• Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X