• Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If VC had DD's work ethic. He would be having a farewell tour as well
    do quitters get those?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      do quitters get those?
      Well, we're assuming that if he had a better work ethic he wouldn't have quit on the team.
      Because no, quitters do not get farewell tours.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Don't look now, but Demar is over 33% (33.7% to be exact) from 3 on the season, on basically 2 attempts per game ... I'll take it!
        Who was my avatar-bet with again? Looks like the chickens might be coming home to roost.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Who was my avatar-bet with again? Looks like the chickens might be coming home to roost.
          Derozan has sneakily become a reliable 3pt threat.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            If VC had DD's work ethic. He would be having a farewell tour as well
            VC really needed to develop something similar to Demar's finishing-step layup-game, along with the pump-fake, that get DD to the line so frequently. Vince got his fair share of free throws, but he really got frustrated (in Toronto at least) - trying to take it into the lane hard and not getting the foul call - because he didn't really put that side of his game together like he could have. Pierce worked his way to a superior career with similar craftiness.

#Old-man game FTW

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Derozan has sneakily become a reliable 3pt threat.
              More like predictably.

Comment

• at 1:14: very brief mention of derozan on shot creation and trying to get 'more smarter' shots off

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

at 1:14: very brief mention of derozan on shot creation and trying to get 'more smarter' shots off
                  Nice post.

Thanks for the video.

He obviously made an effort to improve his shot selection and it shows in his game. More attempts at the rim and less long two's have really put his doubters at ease.

He's having a great year this year. He's really exceeded my expectations for him.

Right now he's a 35 percent 3 point shooter! Bravo Demar... Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DeRozan 3PT% = 35%
                    Patterson 3PT% = 35%
                    Mind = Blown

*rounding

Comment

• At this point, I think we can safely say - we told you so.

Comment

At this point, I think we can safely say - we told you so.
                        Ya but you don't want to be that guy, do you? Lol

Plenty of people have maintained faith in Demar coming around and realizing a more well rounded game.. myself included, for going on 6 years now .. But can I say fairly that I "expected" it .. probably not. Lol

I believed his hard work would bear fruit, and it has. But I'm not going to go around saying "I told you so" to anyone. Because nobody likes that guy. Haha
                        Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 25, 2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I always knew he had talent and he was young with room to grow. My biggest knock on demar was that he played a brand of basketball that wasn't conducive to tram success. It really looked like he was writing a story for his career that would read "Monte Ellis 2.0"

These boards can suffer sometimes because quite a few have judgements set in stone on guys. They either love a guy or hate a guy even as the narrative on said player/coach/etc changes. And if someone's mind is already made up and they are unwilling to change it, he and I cannot even start a dialogue because he has nothing to offer me
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            My biggest knock on demar was that he played a brand of basketball that wasn't conducive to tram success.
                            disagree. even derozans play last year contributed hugely to tram success.

just ask edinburgh.

Comment

I think we can safely say that anyone who predicted DeMar shooting 35% from deep, it wasn't based on trends/evidence, it was based on homerism.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I think we can safely say that anyone who predicted DeMar shooting 35% from deep, it wasn't based on trends/evidence, it was based on homerism.
                                I practiced homerism in the 90s, but they jumped the shark around the time they killed off Maude Flanders. I have since abstained
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X