Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, JV questions every call. But the topic wasn't really questioning of calls, it was the impact that disagreement with the refs has on the next play - DeMar is the guy who most often is the last back in transition because he's taking his time getting up after not getting a call, talking to the refs while he does. JV is slow getting back sometimes because of his feet, not his mouth.

That said, I don't think it is really a problem for anyone, certainly nothing pressing. Of all the criticisms one could level at DeMar, his complaints to the refs are pretty mild in terms of impact on the team.
    The original topic was actually that DD had somehow disqualified himself from a max deal… or even being retained whatsoever… because of his attitudes toward the referees and constant hissy fits. A few posters chimed in to say that DeRozan was far from in a league of his own when it came to this kind of behaviour - many top players exhibit similar tendencies and even a few fellow Raptors too. Some posters think Lowry is the worst. Some people think JV complains the most. Others think that it's Derozan. Does it really matter? No not really - but it's pretty obvious that the original thought doesn't hold much weight.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Mar 8, 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      The original topic was actually that DD had somehow disqualified himself from a max deal… or even being retained whatsoever… because of his attitudes toward the referees and constant hissy fits. A few posters chimed in to say that DeRozan was far from in a league of his own when it came to this kind of behaviour - many top players exhibit similar tendencies and even a few fellow Raptors too. Some posters think Lowry is the worst. Some people think JV complains the most. Others think that it's Derozan. Does it really matter? No not really - but it's pretty obvious that the original thought doesn't hold much weight.
      Thanks for bringing it back to what actually started this conversation. Appreciated.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        True it has nothing to do with whether to keep him or not, and he's far from the worst in the league as a player.

And actually as a team we're really not that bad.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          True it has nothing to do with whether to keep him or not, and he's far from the worst in the league as a player.

And actually as a team we're really not that bad.
          If anything, I wish Casey would earn a few more techs, just to light a fire under our asses.

Sometimes, it's warranted.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Not falls down, stays down.

https://streamable.com/x2pv

That is frankly embarrassing, even moreso than his half-hearted heaves after the buzzer already sounded last year. But fortunately he stopped doing that as much and hopefully someone will get on him for this too.
            While I see what you are saying, you can clearly see PPat just stands there watching doing nothing as Capela runs down the floor to get the jam ... that play is on PPat, not Demar.
            But ya, it can be frustrating to see him not jump right back up.. but its not like it happens every game. Or even every other game. But it happens.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If anything, I wish Casey would earn a few more techs, just to light a fire under our asses.

Oh don't get me started. I've been quite outspoken in the past about Casey not sticking up for his players and getting techs. Sometimes it's most definitely warranted and it's way better for your coach to get techs than players.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Agree whole heartedly on this one.
                  Dwane could take a few more techs along the way when we are at home. Nothing foolish but there is a time to show emotion. Carlise does it. Pop does it. Doc does it. It reinforce's and projects the notion that Raps have arrived so to speak and just like the established teams such Cleveland or Chicago or GSW or Miami or the Clips or the Spurs they should be given "consideration" in bang-bang type calls at home.
                  Any edge you can gain during the course of the game is worth it.... Even if Dwane has to dig into his wallet a couple more times than he is used to.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

This is such a sports cliche, it's not even real. If you're relying on Casey techs to get you motivated then there's something wrong. I know it's supposed to show Casey standing up for his guys, but I think he's built up that relationship with his players enough that they already know it. I mean watch Casey during the game, he's working the refs 95% of the time and every time you see DeRozan or Lowry complaining about a no call Casey is right there alongside them.

Comment

• Is derozan top three in the NBA at getting to he line?

Yup.

Lets put this BS about his complaining to bed shall we.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        This is such a sports cliche, it's not even real. If you're relying on Casey techs to get you motivated then there's something wrong. I know it's supposed to show Casey standing up for his guys, but I think he's built up that relationship with his players enough that they already know it. I mean watch Casey during the game, he's working the refs 95% of the time and every time you see DeRozan or Lowry complaining about a no call Casey is right there alongside them.
                        Very true, but when we lose there has to be something we did wrong in most peoples minds. The fact that a top 10 player in the league started lighting us up and playing at a very high level is just not good enough of a reason for most, and somebody has to get blamed. It's Casey come hell or high water.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Is derozan top three in the NBA at getting to he line?

Yup.

But he complains despite getting to the line a ton....

Comment

• I don't know about the Casey/technical angle. I used to agree with this but I've change my views on this. The Raps get a lot of calls. Lowry and Derozan get a lot of calls. And, until recently, Raps have kept other teams off the line. Toronto gets a lot of respect as a top team.

I know as a fan I like it cause it affirms how pissed off I am at the time but I'm not sure it's all that productive in the grand scheme of things. There might be a certain instance where it sends a message to the team or something but I don't think that's the rule.....

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Is derozan top three in the NBA at getting to he line?

Yup.

Nice "argument".

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I don't know about the Casey/technical angle. I used to agree with this but I've change my views on this. The Raps get a lot of calls. Lowry and Derozan get a lot of calls. And, until recently, Raps have kept other teams off the line. Toronto gets a lot of respect as a top team.

I know as a fan I like it cause it affirms how pissed off I am at the time but I'm not sure it's all that productive in the grand scheme of things. There might be a certain instance where it sends a message to the team or something but I don't think that's the rule.....
                                To me it's always been more about trying to protect the players (mostly from themselves). Sometimes you just won't be able to, but if you can occasionally beat a guy like Lowry to the punch in getting a tech, that's pretty valuable to me, even if it's not a frequent issue.

In the end though this is a minor issue regardless because of the infrequency of such calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X