Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I don't like how it looks. Which isn't the reason why it will lead to failure.

I don't think it is very effective, which is why it will lead to failure.

I do, and lots of them have some of the same problems of the Raptors.

Because other people do it is not a good justification for me. Give me evidence that leaning on guys like this is the best way to run an offense. Until then, the team game will always win, at every level, over the long term.
    As far as the regular season goes it's clear that the offense is effective. We'll see how it does in the playoffs.
    The best way to run an offense varies and depends on your roster.
    Historically speaking many different systems have gotten teams to contention status. Really the only thing that's been completely consistent historically is elite talent turning teams into contenders.

Comment

I don't like how it looks. Which isn't the reason why it will lead to failure.

I don't think it is very effective, which is why it will lead to failure.

I do, and lots of them have some of the same problems of the Raptors.

Because other people do it is not a good justification for me. Give me evidence that leaning on guys like this is the best way to run an offense. Until then, the team game will always win, at every level, over the long term.
      what exactly do you consider 'team game'? passing more? racking up assists?

Comment

• This whole assist thing is completely overblown. Some teams thrive in that type of system and other teams don't. It completely depends on your roster. A quick look at the stats in the past 5 years shows that AST percentage is not a good indicator of playoff success.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          what exactly do you consider 'team game'? passing more? racking up assists?
          Team basketball is not a term that needs to be defined.

If you don't know about it, you probably haven't played competitive ball, or were a selfish chucker

Comment

If you don't know about it, you probably haven't played competitive ball, or were a selfish chucker

Comment

if you can't even define it, then why bother trying to discuss it.

but lol sure buddy. so i guess only 2 teams in the entire nba (spurs! warriors!) have players who have 'played competitive ball' and everyone else in the league must be 'selfish chuckers'

Comment

• Real "Team basketball" is predicated on bigs who have the vision and ability to make passes that break down defences.. Warriors, Spurs, Hawks have those, we don't. JV is a great rebounder and has a terrific soft touch around the basket, but passing is a very weak aspect of his game. Then MU brings on BB who is 10 times worse, arguably the worst passing rotation player in the NBA.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but DD has taken the most shots in the league with 1 second left on the shot clock - by a mile. Lowry and Cojo rank 2nd and 3rd.

The Raptors have the second slowest pace in the NBA at 92.9 possessions per 48 minutes and lead the league by a wide margin in shots attempted with 1 second remaining on the shot clock with 338, 59 more than the second place Knicks and 120 more than the league average. This slow pace has presented many opportunities for their players to get up shots towards the end of the shot clock, and while most teams have one player serve as the primary end-of-shot-clock shooter, the Raptors have shared this responsibility among DeRozan, Lowry, and Joseph who account for 62% of the team’s buzzer-beating field goal attempts.
                  DD also leads the league in makes at 28 on 33.7% shooting. Seems bad, but league average is under 28%. Kyle is just under 27%, Cojo is an awful 19.7%.

37 players have hit 10 buzzer beaters - Hassan Whiteside most effective at 55%. 2nd best cltutch shooter? Luis Scola with 10 makes at 52.6%

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...fmwSkAACcAq-Yd
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Real "Team basketball" is predicated on bigs who have the vision and ability to make passes that break down defences.. Warriors, Spurs, Hawks have those, we don't. JV is a great rebounder and has a terrific soft touch around the basket, but passing is a very weak aspect of his game. Then MU brings on BB who is 10 times worse, arguably the worst passing rotation player in the NBA.
                    http://public.tableau.com/shared/WWM...play_count=yes

Centers in the league sorted by playmaking EFG%. Look who's at the top of the list!

Again, minutes and touches are the problem for JV in a lot of these areas.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Real "Team basketball" is predicated on bigs who have the vision and ability to make passes that break down defences.. Warriors, Spurs, Hawks have those, we don't. JV is a great rebounder and has a terrific soft touch around the basket, but passing is a very weak aspect of his game. Then MU brings on BB who is 10 times worse, arguably the worst passing rotation player in the NBA.
                      JV has shown signs of being a respectable playmaker this season, of course he doesn't get the ball enough, and when he does get the ball in the post, there is literally no movement whatsoever from the other players.

Comment

Oh no. Here we go with "we don't have the personnel to pass"

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          if you can't even define it, then why bother trying to discuss it.

but lol sure buddy. so i guess only 2 teams in the entire nba (spurs! warriors!) have players who have 'played competitive ball' and everyone else in the league must be 'selfish chuckers'
                          Not needing to define it to you and can't define it are not the same.

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Comment

• Last edited by RepTdot; Sun Apr 10, 2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              Please don't look at DD's improvement

Look at the fact that as an offense-oriented "all-star", he is still a lot worse than Isaiah Thomas, and only slightly better than CJ

#MAXMONEY

Comment

• JV gets 22.2 front court touches per game.

Comment

Working...
                                X