No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think DeMar has a big game 3. He's not a guy that is great under pressure which is why he has maybe 1 or 2 game winning shots his entire career. He needs to play loose and hopefully he doesn't feel as much pressure with the teams now being tied.

I missed the game yesterday, but sounds like he was really bad..again.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I think DeMar has a big game 3. He's not a guy that is great under pressure which is why he has maybe 1 or 2 game winning shots his entire career. He needs to play loose and hopefully he doesn't feel as much pressure with the teams now being tied.

He was almost literally exactly the same as in game 1, so you didn't miss anything with regards to DeRozan.

Definitely need to get him out there with the bench/without Paul George more, and then put the ball in his hands. We've only found 6 minutes total for DeMar without Paul George out there checking him.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Paul George is definitely the reason for his shooting woes, but those aren't even the biggest concern right now. It's the shot selection and lack of involvement in every other facet of basketball. It's like 2014 Demar again, where if his shot isn't falling then he is useless.

The shot will go in more once he doesn't have a Paul George level of defender on him IF he gets back to making better decisions. The decisions have nothing to do with Paul George.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Paul George is definitely the reason for his shooting woes, but those aren't even the biggest concern right now. It's the shot selection and lack of involvement in every other facet of basketball. It's like 2014 Demar again, where if his shot isn't falling then he is useless.

The shot will go in more once he doesn't have a Paul George level of defender on him IF he gets back to making better decisions. The decisions have nothing to do with Paul George.
          The decisions are bad, for sure, but getting him minutes against lesser players might help him clear his head a bit - he's clearly flustered and frustrated by George's smothering defence. I mean, yes, he should play smarter now, but obviously he's not doing that, so I'd look to get him as many easy minutes as possible to try to put him in situations where he can remind himself how he plays best.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I just think with a player like Derozan, he's the type of player that can get you wins during the regular season but in the playoffs it's a whole different story. He's a liability on defence, very slow to react and slow footed, he stops ball-movement and plays a very selfish brand of basketball. He also can't shoot the 3 and his mid-range is very suspect.

When you realize that his only skill-set is getting to the free throw line you know that he won't be a playoff performer, the refs do not usually make any calls favouring the Raptors in the playoffs especially during crunch time.

It was a great move by Casey to realize that DeRozan was a detriment to the success of the team.

Comment

• There are situations where Demar is able to create for his teammates, but he is forcing it every time he gets the ball. Even when G.Hill or Ellis get switched on him, he's trying too hard to score because he feels like he has an advantage but the shot just isn't there. Derozan needs to let the game come to him. He'll be fine once he figures out that he will get good shots if he's not forcing shots.

Comment

• We keep running ISOs for DeRozan against a set, waiting defence. It's nonsensical.

It doesn't matter if it's George, Hill or Stuckey guarding him. It's just a terrible strategy.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  The decisions are bad, for sure, but getting him minutes against lesser players might help him clear his head a bit - he's clearly flustered and frustrated by George's smothering defence. I mean, yes, he should play smarter now, but obviously he's not doing that, so I'd look to get him as many easy minutes as possible to try to put him in situations where he can remind himself how he plays best.
                  Yes, but that is easier said than done. PG13 will be logging heavy minutes from here I think. Plus they have some solid defenders off the bench too; guys who can get the job done if DD continues to make these type of decisions. If he doesn't make better decisions, it won't matter if it's George or Miles or Stuckey or Hill (either one), the results will be the same.

I know DD didn't get a lot of minutes without George last night, but it's not like he was getting anything going in those minutes. It's 100% the mental game that DD is failing right now. Get that corrected and we are fine.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• When DeRozan is forcing his game, like he has been thus far in the playoffs, is he any better than a combination of Ross & Powell (at likely almost 3x the cost)?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      When DeRozan is forcing his game, like he has been thus far in the playoffs, is he any better than a combination of Ross & Powell (at almost 3x the cost)?
                      Derozan's only value so far has been that it means Paul George is guarding DD and not KL. I'm not sure that Powell/Ross has that impact.

As bad as DD has been, if George is available to check KL, then we need CoJo and Powell to step up on offence to get the ball into JV. I'm not sure that is a good situation for us.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Derozan's only value so far has been that it means Paul George is guarding DD and not KL. I'm not sure that Powell/Ross has that impact.

As bad as DD has been, if George is available to check KL, then we need CoJo and Powell to step up on offence to get the ball into JV. I'm not sure that is a good situation for us.
                        I was thinking longer term than just this round of the playoffs.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I was thinking longer term than just this round of the playoffs.
                          Oh, well then the answer is no lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I think DeMar has a big game 3. He's not a guy that is great under pressure which is why he has maybe 1 or 2 game winning shots his entire career. He needs to play loose and hopefully he doesn't feel as much pressure with the teams now being tied.

Funny thing is the pressure is increasing the more he struggles. He is a "star" player that has struggled in 2 straight home Playoff games.

Comment

• so...I was one of the latest here to buy in on DeRozan being one of our main guys going forward. Even though he is facing an all star, I don't see other "all stars" getting shut down the way he has. Can he recover? Perhaps, but I officially have one foot off the bandwagon
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Demar, the 2016 facilitator, is who is valuable to this team.

Right now, we are seeing 2014 Demar, who is absolutely more of a hindrance than a benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X