No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37% 38% 35% 35% << DeMar's regular season FG% against Indiana over the past 4 seasons. Unfortunately, his 27% from the first two games isn't even far off his normal mark against this team.

The last couple years he's been able to compensate via FTA.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      37% 38% 35% 35% << DeMar's regular season FG% against Indiana over the past 4 seasons. Unfortunately, his 27% from the first two games isn't even far off his normal mark against this team.

The last couple years he's been able to compensate via FTA.
      That's the thing, Derozan is only an effective player if he can get to the line, and when it's Derozan vs PG Derozan will not be getting the calls he usually does

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        That's the thing, Derozan is only an effective player if he can get to the line, and when it's Derozan vs PG Derozan will not be getting the calls he usually does
        He's capable of some drive and kick, though. The guy posted 5+ assists 30 times this year.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          He's capable of some drive and kick, though. The guy posted 5+ assists 30 times this year.
          Yeah if he can realize that when he's on the court he's the focus of their defense. He needs to be aware that the moment he penetrates even a little, that automatically means one of his teammates is open

Comment

• Did Demar just prove in two games that we're better off without him? Even if we get nothing back in return?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Not next round, I'm giving him next game. He got benched in the 4th and outplayed by a rookie. If you don't bounce back and have a good game after that, then what kind of a star are you?
              Next game we will find out his true character.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Did Demar just prove in two games that we're better off without him? Even if we get nothing back in return?
                I do have to give ChristianL SOME credit. Demars matchup right now is 100x harder than JVs. If these playoffs are a long run, there will come a time that we need him

That said, the emergence of Powell changes things because he's a) better than dd was at that point, b) can basically do everything he can almost as good one day plus shoot 3s and c) is already a much better defender
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  That said, the emergence of Powell changes things because he's a) better than dd was at that point, b) can basically do everything he can almost as good one day plus shoot 3s and c) is already a much better defender
                  Exactly, why not keep the cheaper, team player version of him. Demar Lite but without the ball hogging which in essence makes him a better Demar in today's NBA.

Comment

• well if anything he is flushing his max level contract down the toilet. But like keon said there will be a time for him this post season if we get past Indy, which we will. George may be the best perimeter defender in the East after all. Probably the toughest matchup he could face outside of LBJ maybe. Nonetheless, they gotta find some way to make him useful in this series, otherwise may be just as well to have him come off the bench. Never thought I'd see Casey sit him for the 4th Q.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      well if anything he is flushing his max level contract down the toilet. But like keon said there will be a time for him this post season if we get past Indy, which we will. George may be the best perimeter defender in the East after all. Probably the toughest matchup he could face outside of LBJ maybe. Nonetheless, they gotta find some way to make him useful in this series, otherwise may be just as well to have him come off the bench. Never thought I'd see Casey sit him for the 4th Q.
                      Not to take anything away from George, but the best perimeter defender in the East is very likely Jimmy Butler.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Exactly, why not keep the cheaper, team player version of him. Demar Lite but without the ball hogging which in essence makes him a better Demar in today's NBA.
                        To follow this line of thinking, the Raptors would still have Lowry, Joseph, Wright, Ross, Powell and Carroll under contract, to cover the wing/guard positions (6 players for 3 positions). Plus, Bruno should be at least ready for increased garbage/injury minutes. That's before even considering the draft or free agency.

If letting DeRozan walk would open sufficient cap space to chase a top-tier free agent PF, I think it would be at least 50/50 to see MU let DeRozan walk. However, given the financial situation, I still expect DeRozan to be re-signed. Once the assets are collected, all bets are off, whether we're talking about DeRozan (his thread) or anybody else.

Of course, this is all predicated on the belief that DeRozan does, in fact, wish to re-sign with the Raptors. Who knows what influence a Kobe-lead blitz from the Lakers could cause... or some other team that needs an established scorer to get them over the hump, that is flying under the radar at the moment.

This offseason should be very interesting for Raptors fans.

Comment

• I don't think there's anything he can do to flush max level down the toilet at this point. If we don't give it to him, la or Brooklyn or somebody gladly will
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Not to take anything away from George, but the best perimeter defender in the East is very likely Jimmy Butler.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            butler, yeah, forgot him. he can lock down demar too.

Comment

I don't think there's anything he can do to flush max level down the toilet at this point. If we don't give it to him, la or Brooklyn or somebody gladly will
                              yeah for sure. I was thinking with in regard to the raps mainly. Hard to justify throwing out max dollars if he don't show up this playoffs. MU appears to like value in his contracts. But lots of ball yet to play, I'm guessing he gets better.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I think you can flip a coin between the two. Butler is more physical but George has better length. Two slightly different but both elite perimeter defenders.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X