No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he has stopped trying ot turn the corner on a lot of plays when he's on the left wing with the ball.....when he has, he's been met with guys in motion who are hitting him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Ok.

derozan has had 2 bad games here. He was one of the only guys that showed up last year, so it isn't a playoff issue, its just 2 bad games.

I'm usually the first to rip into a guy but lets be fair here. Derozan is third in the NBA at getting to the line, he uses it to set up his jumper and he is EXTREMELY effective at it. It's no mystery the Indiana's head coach basically demanded in the days before game one that the NBA examine Toronto's ability to get to the line. You can call is savvy if you'd like, I think its BS, but it is what it is. The end result is obvious. derozan has made many, may attempts to get to the line with no whistles going his way, almost zero. I paid very close attention to it as I thought Vogels comments would have the exact affect, it doesn't take much to get the NBA to get touch on Toronto with the calls...

What does DD do?

Well thats tough, you can see he's very hesitant to turn the corner and drive now, he isn't getting calls and is being bodied pretty badly. So he's feeling pressure to shoot and produce and he's simply not taking comfortable shots. He could maybe continue to take the ball in and force the refs to make calls, thats about it, and I think its his best bet, however he needs a little help from his own coach and gm in the media as lets face it, derozan is a good player with a special skillset, there is ZERO justification for the NBA to take that away, just because "its the playoffs" and Vogel whined about it. JV sure as shit isn't getting that "its the playoffs" leeway, so why do the indiana players get it?

in the end, you need to be aggressive to swing that call momentum your way, and thats what DD needs to be..... to insult the guy or criticize him past that is ridiculous. This team ain't where it is without him.
      Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I'm not gonna toss him under the bus yet. I like derozan, i think he'll bounce back.

But damn....

hahahha
      Pretty much this. Lol Well said sir.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 19, 2016, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I will say you swap DD for Paul George and this Raptors roster is a contender - hands down.
        No doubt. A combo of Lowry, Powell and PG will be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          demar has to recognize that what he is doing isn't working and probably won't work unless the pacers start relaxing on defense, they won't, and make the smart play. the easiest thing to do is send the lob up for val. it has been there the past two games.
          I agree with everything you said and really wanted to highlight this part.

I haven't criticized DD for struggling to score/drive on an elite defender, that's over the top to me. But his failure to recognize and adjust - that's a legit concern for a guy about to get big bucks.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

he has stopped trying ot turn the corner on a lot of plays when he's on the left wing with the ball.....when he has, he's been met with guys in motion who are hitting him.
            An old fellow gone soft?

Demar hasn't been hacked that much. He isn't getting the calls because George is preventing his drives from getting to the rim, so Demar is either settling for jumpers or fishing for contact. He isn't trying to finish strong, he's playing for the whistle.

In the playoffs, physicality is part of the game. Demar has a bigger, stronger, better defender on him who is doing their job. Demar needs to adjust; stop forcing bad shots and dribbling with head down. Become the facilitator and make plays to take advantage of the defensive attention he's been getting.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              An old fellow gone soft?

Demar hasn't been hacked that much. He isn't getting the calls because George is preventing his drives from getting to the rim, so Demar is either settling for jumpers or fishing for contact. He isn't trying to finish strong, he's playing for the whistle.

In the playoffs, physicality is part of the game. Demar has a bigger, stronger, better defender on him who is doing their job. Demar needs to adjust; stop forcing bad shots and dribbling with head down. Become the facilitator and make plays to take advantage of the defensive attention he's been getting.
              Exactly. Can't blame everything on the refs. And I agree he hasn't even been hacked that much. We've gotten some favourable calls too. Indy is playing great D on him. DeMar needs to be smarter, period.

Comment

Ok.

derozan has had 2 bad games here. He was one of the only guys that showed up last year, so it isn't a playoff issue, its just 2 bad games.

I'm usually the first to rip into a guy but lets be fair here. Derozan is third in the NBA at getting to the line, he uses it to set up his jumper and he is EXTREMELY effective at it. It's no mystery the Indiana's head coach basically demanded in the days before game one that the NBA examine Toronto's ability to get to the line. You can call is savvy if you'd like, I think its BS, but it is what it is. The end result is obvious. derozan has made many, may attempts to get to the line with no whistles going his way, almost zero. I paid very close attention to it as I thought Vogels comments would have the exact affect, it doesn't take much to get the NBA to get touch on Toronto with the calls...

What does DD do?

Well thats tough, you can see he's very hesitant to turn the corner and drive now, he isn't getting calls and is being bodied pretty badly. So he's feeling pressure to shoot and produce and he's simply not taking comfortable shots. He could maybe continue to take the ball in and force the refs to make calls, thats about it, and I think its his best bet, however he needs a little help from his own coach and gm in the media as lets face it, derozan is a good player with a special skillset, there is ZERO justification for the NBA to take that away, just because "its the playoffs" and Vogel whined about it. JV sure as shit isn't getting that "its the playoffs" leeway, so why do the indiana players get it?

in the end, you need to be aggressive to swing that call momentum your way, and thats what DD needs to be..... to insult the guy or criticize him past that is ridiculous. This team ain't where it is without him.
                +1 it's weird James harden and DD were 1st and 2nd in free throws made. Both have had a game without taking one free throw. I'm not worried though he'll bounce back. About his future with the Raptors? Masai will resign him 1st day of free agency. Masai doesn't live in the moment like raptor fans do.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I haven't seen very many plays where he gets into the lane. He's basically getting stopped at the point of attack, or defended well
                  Half of his shots this series have been in the paint.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

...He could maybe continue to take the ball in and force the refs to make calls, thats about it, and I think its his best bet, however he needs a little help from his own coach and gm in the media as lets face it, derozan is a good player with a special skillset, there is ZERO justification for the NBA to take that away, just because "its the playoffs" and Vogel whined about it....
                    That's it right there. Good judgement Superjudge.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Half of his shots this series have been in the paint.
                      Just about. 17 shots in the paint, 20 outside per NBA.com

From the restricted area, 4 for 11, blocked 3 times.

In the paint (non-RA), 2 for 6, blocked 3 times.

Mid-Range, 4 for 15, blocked 1 time.

Left & Right Corner, 0 for 1 (each)

Above the break 3, 0 for 3.

Comment

Just about. 17 shots in the paint, 20 outside per NBA.com

From the restricted area, 4 for 11, blocked 3 times.

In the paint (non-RA), 2 for 6, blocked 3 times.

Mid-Range, 4 for 15, blocked 1 time.

Left & Right Corner, 0 for 1 (each)

Above the break 3, 0 for 3.
                        He's just not getting clean looks.

He's taken 37 shots. 26 of those have been classified as "tight" or "very tight" contested shots. He's shot 5/26 on those shots.

Open shots, he's taken 11 and made 5, and that includes 3 missed open threes.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          He's just not getting clean looks.

He's taken 37 shots. 26 of those have been classified as "tight" or "very tight" contested shots. He's shot 5/26 on those shots.

Open shots, he's taken 11 and made 5, and that includes 3 missed open threes.
                          Yet Demar said that Paul George's defence hasn't impacted him lol

The above the break 3s are just bad shots from him. My guess is he was so happy to see an open look that he took it, forgetting that it isn't a shot he's really capable of.

Will be interesting to see if Casey runs anything different to try and get DD open or if the Pacers switch George onto KL.

Comment

Yet Demar said that Paul George's defence hasn't impacted him lol

The above the break 3s are just bad shots from him. My guess is he was so happy to see an open look that he took it, forgetting that it isn't a shot he's really capable of.

Will be interesting to see if Casey runs anything different to try and get DD open or if the Pacers switch George onto KL.
                            I feel like he has gotten open for small periods of time but instead of taking the open shot he hesitated, many times trying to get to the rim and taking a contested shot/looking for a call. He just needs to play a little smarter and we can dominate this series.

Comment

• I wonder if the approach has been to try and get some fouls on George? Obviously, attacking George frequently would be beneficial if they could get the advantage. That would be huge if it actually worked. So far it has not so hopefully they try something else to get Demar some clean looks. But he has been somewhat indecisive with the ball. Like Superjudge said, he's gotta go harder around screens and try and get George backpedaling. If George is successful in cutting him off, negating the drive, then pass it out immediately.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if the approach has been to try and get some fouls on George? Obviously, attacking George frequently would be beneficial if they could get the advantage. That would be huge if it actually worked. So far it has not so hopefully they try something else to get Demar some clean looks. But he has been somewhat indecisive with the ball. Like Superjudge said, he's gotta go harder around screens and try and get George backpedaling. If George is successful in cutting him off, negating the drive, then pass it out immediately.
                                PG got 2 fouls relatively quickly last game and sat for a good portion of second quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X