No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if it because he was sitting out the last couple games of the season but, 2 games has made people forget how great of season DD had. How good of a basketball player he is. This is a top 5 SG were talking about. I think he reminds people tonight.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• well I'm looking forward to a better game from Demar. I'm not expecting alot of points, but just a better all around game would be good enough for me.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I don't know if it because he was sitting out the last couple games of the season but, 2 games has made people forget how great of season DD had. How good of a basketball player he is. This is a top 5 SG were talking about. I think he reminds people tonight.
        how can we forget, you've said that about 85000 times.

I don't give a shit if he's a top 5 SG in the regular season if in the playoffs:

1) we actually play better basketball without him
        2) he continues to shit it up and make horrendous decisions when defended with a modicum of intensity

Both of those things are true so far this series. Let's see what happens.

Comment

I don't know if it because he was sitting out the last couple games of the season but, 2 games has made people forget how great of season DD had. How good of a basketball player he is. This is a top 5 SG were talking about. I think he reminds people tonight.

no one is forgetting his season. sports are "what have you done for me lately".

i don't think sitting out the last two games of the season is the cause of his problems. i think he put a lot of pressure on himself because he wants to succeed so bad. he wants people to recognize the raptors, he thinks he has to do it, and he does, but not by hurting the team. he has a really tough match up this series. he is fully capable of going off on any night, even with george draped all over him. if he has a good game the comments, barring a couple(cough oldskool) will give him the praise that he deserves. if he shits the bed again he will get the negative comments, barring a couple(cough you).

if we make it to the second round he will be hounded by deng, not nearly the player george is, at this point of his career. and he will most likely have a better series.

there is also a chance that the win was enough to break the nerves he has. professional basketball players shouldn't be bouncing the ball off of their feet on simple post up back downs. no one thinks that is the player demar is. he also had a good shooting quarter in the 3rd last game, which, along with the win, could also help break through the nerves and build up some confidence.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i don't think sitting out the last two games of the season is the cause of his problems. i think he put a lot of pressure on himself because he wants to succeed so bad. he wants people to recognize the raptors, he thinks he has to do it, and he does, but not by hurting the team. he has a really tough match up this series. he is fully capable of going off on any night, even with george draped all over him. if he has a good game the comments, barring a couple(cough oldskool) will give him the praise that he deserves. if he shits the bed again he will get the negative comments, barring a couple(cough you).

if we make it to the second round he will be hounded by deng, not nearly the player george is, at this point of his career. and he will most likely have a better series.

there is also a chance that the win was enough to break the nerves he has. professional basketball players shouldn't be bouncing the ball off of their feet on simple post up back downs. no one thinks that is the player demar is. he also had a good shooting quarter in the 3rd last game, which, along with the win, could also help break through the nerves and build up some confidence.
            Against Miami I'm not worried about DeMar scoring, I'm worried about him on the other end. That Miami offense is going nuts, and they don't have a guy we can hide DeMar on. He'll have to guard either JJ or Wade. Which matchup do you hate less?
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Plus DD plays very well on the road.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Against Miami I'm not worried about DeMar scoring, I'm worried about him on the other end. That Miami offense is going nuts, and they don't have a guy we can hide DeMar on. He'll have to guard either JJ or Wade. Which matchup do you hate less?
                wade. i will let demar watch old man wade for the drive and post up compared with old man johnson and have to worry about everything.

Comment

• For all his faults in game 2, he did come out very aggressive. Had an extra burst in his step (at least on offense....early in the game).

He's just gotta do a better job of reading the defense and reacting....instead of making up his mind before the catch.

Comment

wade. i will let demar watch old man wade for the drive and post up compared with old man johnson and have to worry about everything.
                    Wade right now is giving the heat 22/3.5/7.5 on 50% shooting.

JJ 9.5/4/3 on 61.5% from the field and 50% from 3.

Deng 23/5/6.5 on 70% from the field and 54% from 3.

Richardson 11.5/3.5/2 on 40% from the field and 3.

However you slice it, DeMar is going to be guarding someone in a matchup that's not good for us in that series. And the Heat can actually slow down JV.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      how can we forget, you've said that about 85000 times.

I don't give a shit if he's a top 5 SG in the regular season if in the playoffs:

1) we actually play better basketball without him
                      2) he continues to shit it up and make horrendous decisions when defended with a modicum of intensity

Both of those things are true so far this series. Let's see what happens.
                      Regular season or Playoffs. At the end of the day it's just basketball. DeRozan is a very good basketball player. Pretty much every Elite SG in the playoffs is shooting under 40% from the field. None of their fan bases are overacting like this one.

After 2 games

Klay Thompson .353 FG

CJ McCollum .321 FG

James Harden .368 FG

Kyle Korver .368 FG

Wesley Matthews .286 FG
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Wade right now is giving the heat 22/3.5/7.5 on 50% shooting.

JJ 9.5/4/3 on 61.5% from the field and 50% from 3.

Deng 23/5/6.5 on 70% from the field and 54% from 3.

Richardson 11.5/3.5/2 on 40% from the field and 3.

However you slice it, DeMar is going to be guarding someone in a matchup that's not good for us in that series. And the Heat can actually slow down JV.
                        In 4 games against Miami DD averaged

29.3 PTS, 5.0 REB, 5.0 AST on .488 FG, .364 3FG(2.8 attempts)

There going to have to find someone to guard him as well.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Regular season or Playoffs. At the end of the day it's just basketball. DeRozan is a very good basketball player. Pretty much every Elite SG in the playoffs is shooting under 40% from the field. None of their fan bases are overacting like this one.

After 2 games

Klay Thompson .353 FG

CJ McCollum .321 FG

James Harden .368 FG

Kyle Korver .368 FG

Wesley Matthews .286 FG
                          It's about so much more than poor shooting (which DD is still below all of those guys at 27%).
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

After 2 games

Klay Thompson .353 FG

CJ McCollum .321 FG

James Harden .368 FG

Kyle Korver .368 FG

Wesley Matthews .286 FG
                            DeMar: 27% eFG, 27.3% usage.

Thompson: 42.6% eFG, 28.9% usage.

McCollum: 37.5% eFG, 19.9% usage.

Harden: 42.1% eFG, 31.8% usage.

Korver: 50% eFG, 13.5% usage.

Matthews: 31% eFG%, 14.2% usage.

Only one guy has slightly comparable eFG to DeMar(Matthews), on half his usage.

Only two guys have higher usage, on 15% higher effective field goal percentage.

All of those guys are having better playoffs than DeMar offensively.

Just for the hell of it, let's throw in defensively.

Players guarded by:

DeMar: 72.2% from the field.

Thompson: 39.1% from the field.

McCollum: 54.3% from the field.

Harden: 47.8% from the field.

Korver: 44.4% from the field.

Matthews: 33.3% from the field.

So McCollum is the only other guy even giving up above 50% shooting, and DeMar is giving up over 70% shooting.

You're right, those guys are all having a playoff run just as bad as DeMar's.

Comment

Hey now I think DD benifits greatly from the attention payed to JV tonight

I just dont think his individual performance will really help the team. Especially if Ross isnt playing and Scola still starting. That starting lineup gonna have ZERO spacing and we cant just have Patt save us. Gonna be an interesting chess game from Vogel

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Hey now I think DD benifits greatly from the attention payed to JV tonight

I just dont think his individual performance will really help the team. Especially if Ross isnt playing and Scola still starting. That starting lineup gonna have ZERO spacing and we cant just have Patt save us. Gonna be an interesting chess game from Vogel
                                Pattman says otherwise.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X