Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    His first quarter yes

Rest of the game no... 3/14 and halted the offense every time he touched the ball

In a game where largely everyone was positive, the Raps made their big runs with DD still on the bench.

Oh and DD was still terrible defensively outside of a few steals. Indy pretty much walked by him all game.

Like I said before the game, his individual performance would be better but his team impact was still not good.
    He was great in the 1st quarter and went HAM on Solomon Hill every time he saw him - that was awesome. It was a few drives against George that were forced and ended badly. He also can't post-up Monta if he tries to start from 18 feet out. Other than that, he was fine. I hope he can make one more adjustment where he realizes he doesn't have to prove anything by trying to score on PG. Use those drives to create. Forget the stupid #ProveEm and just make a winning play.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      His first quarter yes

Rest of the game no... 3/14 and halted the offense every time he touched the ball

In a game where largely everyone was positive, the Raps made their big runs with DD still on the bench.

Oh and DD was still terrible defensively outside of a few steals. Indy pretty much walked by him all game.

Like I said before the game, his individual performance would be better but his team impact was still not good.
      Based on what I saw, none of the bolded bits are actually true though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I won't speak to the first or third bolds for now, but the second is clearly true.

DeMar was on for 4 shifts - a +7, a -1, a -5 and a -2. There were two shifts of rest for him, about 6 minutes each, and the Raptors were +11 and +6 in those shifts. The +11 run in 6 minutes is when the Raptors blew the game open in the second Q.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I won't speak to the first or third bolds for now, but the second is clearly true.

DeMar was on for 4 shifts - a +7, a -1, a -5 and a -2. There were two shifts of rest for him, about 6 minutes each, and the Raptors were +11 and +6 in those shifts. The +11 run in 6 minutes is when the Raptors blew the game open in the second Q.
          But why "minus the +7"?.. that was obviously our 2nd best shift, and Demar was on it. .. so how is saying that we made our big runs with Demar on the bench true? We made some runs with him on the bench, but had one of our better ones with him on the court, did we not?

Comment

But why "minus the +7"?.. that was obviously our 2nd best shift, and Demar was on it. .. so how is saying that we made our big runs with Demar on the bench true? We made some runs with him on the bench, but had one of our better ones with him on the court, did we not?
            Well, no, that +7 with DeMar was over the course of an entire Q, while the +6 was in a 6 minute span.

So of the 6 shifts defined by quarter breaks and DD coming onto or leaving the court, they rank in this order, in terms of best runs:
            No DD first half.
            No DD second half.
            DD first Q.
            Other three DD shifts, all negative.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I wonder what Indy's lineups were during those Raptor runs? I'm not gonna explore, but my theory is that the Raps had their best runs when Stuckey and Lawson were on the floor.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                I wonder what Indy's lineups were during those Raptor runs? I'm not gonna explore, but my theory is that the Raps had their best runs when Stuckey and Lawson were on the floor.
                Exactly. I believe the biggest Raptors runs have been Lowry + bench while PG is sitting? We know Lowry + bench is an awesome lineup, and we know Pacers are horrible with PG sitting. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with DeMar if the score gets run up in those situations...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Sure he didn't halt the ball on offense EVERY time he touched it but he halted it more than can ever be considered remotely acceptable if he's going to be on the floor. This along with his poor decision making and defense is the main reason we have been a negative with him on the floor.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. I believe the biggest Raptors runs have been Lowry + bench while PG is sitting? We know Lowry + bench is an awesome lineup, and we know Pacers are horrible with PG sitting. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with DeMar if the score gets run up in those situations...
                    George can't guard 5 guys. If demar just facilitated it wouldnt be a problem. And the rest of the team moves the ball enough to find the open man when George is out there without DeMar

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      You mean to tell me other players affect a guy's on/off numbers? You mean to tell me that we still have to point this bullshit out constantly and that there are real issues with trying to evaluate guys based on these on/off numbers? God speed my man. I'll leave it up to you. Perhaps you'll be more persuasive than me.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        You mean to tell me other players affect a guy's on/off numbers? You mean to tell me that we still have to point this bullshit out constantly and that there are real issues with trying to evaluate guys based on these on/off numbers? God speed my man. I'll leave it up to you. Perhaps you'll be more persuasive than me.
                        Paul George was on the court for the non-DD lineup's +6 in 6 minutes run in the 4th Q that put the game out of reach.

Meanwhile, Paul George has been on the court for almost every minute JV has played and somehow he has a +5 net rating and not a -7 net rating like DeMar does this series.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Paul George was on the court for the non-DD lineup's +6 in 6 minutes run in the 4th Q that put the game out of reach.

Meanwhile, Paul George has been on the court for almost every minute JV has played and somehow he has a +5 net rating and not a -7 net rating like DeMar does this series.
                          And George was also on the court for almost the entire 4th quarter that derozan sat out in game 2 when we were +11 before subs were made and their bench chipped away at our lead after the game was in hand.

Comment

• When did -/+ become the standard when it came to evaluating a player contribution to the team.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              When did -/+ become the standard when it came to evaluating a player contribution to the team.
                              it's what demar is bad at

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                it's what demar is bad at
                                Honestly, DeMar isn't good at much, statistically in this playoffs.

His usage is about the only thing that's up over his regular season numbers.

TRB% is down, AST% is down, WS/48 is down, PER is down, TS% is down.

Usage is up though. So he's using more possessions, and using them worse.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X