Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is nothing like Ricky Davis, are you serious. Even if DeRozan makes the wrong choice I think it's because he genuinely thinks it's the best chance for the team to win, like he's being selfish by ignorance. Ricky Davis was a straight up cancer.
    I cant really speak to what DD thinks, but I imagine with everyone around him saying that its his team and giving him free reign it is easy to believe the team will only succeed if he does as well, which is not really true. I agree though he seems like a team player in that he values winning more than personal stats.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Hmm is there a clip of this anywhere?
      Barkley's halftime analysis was that Lowry and DeRozan take "dumb shots".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        LOL. See the thing is Demar is taking more contested shots and making less of them. Lowry is getting open shots but just can't make them.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          LOL. See the thing is Demar is taking more contested shots and making less of them. Lowry is getting open shots but just can't make them.
          DeRozan's playing right into George's hands, and doesn't think there's anything wrong.

And Casey's unwilling to do anything about it.

Comment

DeRozan's playing right into George's hands, and doesn't think there's anything wrong.

Those are shots he normally makes.

Casey's excuse for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

I would like to put the onus on Casey, but as a All-star you got to read and react. Demar isn't doing either of those. He is still trying to do the same thing he's done in the regular season, and clearly that isn't working for him.

Comment

I would like to put the onus on Casey, but as a All-star you got to read and react. Demar isn't doing either of those. He is still trying to do the same thing he's done in the regular season, and clearly that isn't working for him.
                Agreed. The problem is that Casey has never "disciplined" anyone for playing poorly offensively. And I don't expect him to start now.

Comment

Agreed. The problem is that Casey has never "disciplined" anyone for playing poorly offensively. And I don't expect him to start now.
                  Yeah he is a player's coach. I mean, Demar is our best offensive threat so we shouldn't shy away from him. Its just that he needs to be more assertive on offense. He is getting into trouble when trying to dribble to much and ISO George.

Comment

• On the topic of 'blown potential assists':

DeMar is 9/26 on passes from Lowry.
                    0/5 on passes from JV.
                    1/7 on passes from CoJo.
                    3/9 on passes from Patterson.
                    1/4 on passes from Scola.
                    3/6 on passes from Carroll.
                    1/2 on passes from Biyombo.
                    1/4 on passes from Powell.
                    0/2 on passes from Ross.

That's a lot of blown potential assists that his teammates haven't bitched in the media about.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Yeah he is a player's coach. I mean, Demar is our best offensive threat so we shouldn't shy away from him. Its just that he needs to be more assertive on offense. He is getting into trouble when trying to dribble to much and ISO George.
                      he doesnt need to be 'more assertive'. he needs to be smarter in shot selection. same with lowry.

I’ve got to shoot the shots better,” said Lowry after a Sunday practice. “I’ve got to take more shots that I work on. I’ve got to be more balanced. I’ve got to be more in rhythm and more in tune to the shots. I think me and DeMar, we talked, and they’re playing defence on us and rushing us into things, making us speed up our shots, and the shots that we normally take with patience, we’re taking a little bit — if it takes us 0.9 seconds to usually shoot ’em, we’re shooting them in 0.4. It may not seem like a big difference, but that’s what they’ve done a good job of, speeding us up, and we as players, me and DeMar, have to do a better job of getting to the spots and being patient.

i think this little interview tidbit speaks a little more about what they've hopefully learned about the past 4 terrible shooting games. they're not just saying "oh these are just shots we normally make" as they usually say after a post-game.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        he doesnt need to be 'more assertive'. he needs to be smarter in shot selection. same with lowry.

“I’ve got to shoot the shots better,” said Lowry after a Sunday practice. “I’ve got to take more shots that I work on. I’ve got to be more balanced. I’ve got to be more in rhythm and more in tune to the shots. I think me and DeMar, we talked, and they’re playing defence on us and rushing us into things, making us speed up our shots, and the shots that we normally take with patience, we’re taking a little bit — if it takes us 0.9 seconds to usually shoot ’em, we’re shooting them in 0.4. It may not seem like a big difference, but that’s what they’ve done a good job of, speeding us up, and we as players, me and DeMar, have to do a better job of getting to the spots and being patient.”

i think this little interview tidbit speaks a little more about what they've hopefully learned about the past 4 terrible shooting games. they're not just saying "oh these are just shots we normally make" as they usually say after a post-game.
                        Ideally it wouldn't take 4 games to figure this out, especially considering how poorly both played in game 1, but hopefully we see a change in game 5.

I was all for bringing Demar back and warming up to the idea of retaining Casey, but they both need to get their shit together and get us out of the 1st round.

Comment

• barolt wrote: View Post
                          on the topic of 'blown potential assists':

Demar is 9/26 on passes from lowry.
                          0/5 on passes from jv.
                          1/7 on passes from cojo.
                          3/9 on passes from patterson.
                          1/4 on passes from scola.
                          3/6 on passes from carroll.
                          1/2 on passes from biyombo.
                          1/4 on passes from powell.
                          0/2 on passes from ross.

That's a lot of blown potential assists that his teammates haven't bitched in the media about.
                          amen!!!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

I’ve got to shoot the shots better,” said Lowry after a Sunday practice. “I’ve got to take more shots that I work on. I’ve got to be more balanced. I’ve got to be more in rhythm and more in tune to the shots. I think me and DeMar, we talked, and they’re playing defence on us and rushing us into things, making us speed up our shots, and the shots that we normally take with patience, we’re taking a little bit — if it takes us 0.9 seconds to usually shoot ’em, we’re shooting them in 0.4. It may not seem like a big difference, but that’s what they’ve done a good job of, speeding us up, and we as players, me and DeMar, have to do a better job of getting to the spots and being patient.

Could be read either way. Personally, I don't see anything there that shows they'll do anything differently other than a generic "try harder".

Comment

• A good summary of the numbers, and it's ugly: http://m.thestar.com/#/article/sport...me-arthur.html

"Really, the playoffs are an exaggeration and an extension of who they are. Among the 48 all-stars in the last three years, DeRozan is 41st and Lowry 47th in regular-season field-goal percentage. (Indiana’s Paul George is 46th, the remnants of Kobe Bryant 48th.) Mix in how valuable three-pointers are, and Lowry’s value rises to 29th, ahead of Carmelo Anthony and George and Russell Westbrook, among others. DeRozan falls to 47th out of 48, ahead of Roy Hibbert. Over the past three years, DeRozan been less efficient from the field than Kobe.

This is a long, mathematical way of saying that almost no elite players have been less efficient shooting the ball in the playoffs in the last three years, or over the previous 37. Maybe the Raptors’ best players can slow themselves down, play with the force and energy they need, make the shots they know how to make. It would be hard, in their case, to get much worse."
                              Last edited by S.R.; Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:43 AM.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

“We do get a lot of in-between shots,” says Dwane Casey, a coach of the year candidate. “But what kills the analytics geniuses is the fact that we get fouled enough to compensate. We take care of the ball. We get enough buckets, even if they are unassisted.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-master-plan/

That's from last season. Those habits are ingrained and they're getting exposed, just like those basement dwellers said they would.

Pound the Rock
                                Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 25, 2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X