No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, and relying on free throw generation means that players are being put in spots where if they don't get the foul, they are forced to panic and try to make a pass where quite often they have either already jumped, or are trapped among several defenders, and that's leading to a lot of the turnovers (or they will jack up shots because they feel they were fouled, which leads to long rebounds and more transition play for Indy).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Is Indiana's defense also responsible for DeMar running into George on ISO repeatedly, or stopping the ball, or not playing defense himself?

There are plenty of ways he could be more useful while shooting badly.
        My post did not intend to project support for Demar's obvious refusal/or inability to change at the very least the compunction to take bad shots...something he does not think exists. See 2nd sentence. I in effect agree with your post.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Except the window doesn't flop twice a game to draw a charge.

Not a Marcus Smart flop, most of the time it's been great D...and if my shin ended up looking like an "L" from contesting a layup I'd take nothing but charges too...but I guess I can't really complain about a player exaggerating contact to draw a foul if I'm a Raptors fan.
          Last edited by Mess; Mon Apr 25, 2016, 01:43 PM.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            Except the window doesn't flop twice a game to draw a charge.
            At this point though, DeMar should see that if he charges headstrong into a guy, they're going to look to take a charge. He should see that coming and change his attack.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Is anyone giving credit to the Indiana defence and in particular PG & Hill? This is not absolve the abject lack of adjustment or returning the aggressiveness needed to mitigate Indy's tough approach. The Raps did that 3rd game.

Did anyone see the Boston-Atlanta game last night ...now thats controlled aggression on just about every play and how it is in the playoffs. For some reason the Raptors havent realized that playoff games are different (incl. how they are refereed). So what gives after 3 consecutive years. Anyway I hope they have seen the light and come out with a purpose off the opening tip. And no let up. Casey too needs to ensure this with substitutions and appropriate time outs.
              Indy is a good defensive team. The Raptors response, especially from their two All-Stars, should be better.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Indy is a good defensive team. The Raptors response, especially from their two All-Stars, should be better.
                Indy was a top 3 defensive team. We were a top 5 offensive team.

As we saw in game three, the Raptors are so dangerous because they have so many options. Their refusal to use those options and force offence through one or two has allowed Indy's good defence to focus on one or two players - leading to a disaster anyone could see coming.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yup...

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post

yup...
                    "Come hell or high water"

Comment

yup...
                      Dwane... they can't stop JV. They haven't been able to stop JV all series. Can we please just run the offense through him?
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ^ Sounds like Caseys job is done he might as well watch from home.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          ^ Sounds like Caseys job is done he might as well watch from home.
                          lol yuppp

Comment

• Casey is just begging to not get another contract.

Comment

yup...
                              Ah much like Bargnani. "our guy"

Casey has NO idea what "our guy" means. It should mean, "ideally he's our best player. But if he's not he'll take a backseat that night to whoever is helping ALL OF OUR GUYS win"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Ah much like Bargnani. "our guy"

Casey has NO idea what "our guy" means. It should mean, "ideally he's our best player. But if he's not he'll take a backseat that night to whoever is helping ALL OF OUR GUYS win"
                                Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking - he used to always talk about Bargs in "he's our hub, he's our guy..." ughh...
                                Get ready for another flash of that famous championship ring at the exit conferences after failing to do his job... again
                                @alexgres10

Comment

Working...
                                X