Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm more convinced than ever that DeRozan is just a pretty good basketball player who, through super high usage and an entire franchise being committed to making him a "star" , has managed to put up borderline all-star numbers.

I don't want him here next year at all, for almost any price. His role will be the issue. He won't do much with decreased usage, and we've seen what he is with his current role/usage. Some cores just have a first-round-out ceiling. DD's one of those core players.
    so he's in with guys like T-Mac then I guess.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      so he's in with guys like T-Mac then I guess.
      Prime McGrady put up 30/6+/6+ in the playoffs. DeRozan is nowhere near his level in terms of playoff production. I think losing in first rounds had more to do with McGrady's teams than with him as a player. He certainly never crapped the bed like what we've seen this series.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        He has a chance tomorrow.
        Yeah I'd give them a 1 in 5 chance of redeeming themselves.

Comment

Prime McGrady put up 30/6+/6+ in the playoffs. DeRozan is nowhere near his level in terms of playoff production. I think losing in first rounds had more to do with McGrady's teams than with him as a player. He certainly never crapped the bed like what we've seen this series.
          Ricky Davis then (they're both just as cancerous)

Comment

• dude relax with the "cancer" thats applied mostly to bad personalities ones that drain teamates and cause strife. DDs just playing shit hes not a cancer.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
              Ricky Davis then
              Yeah, Ricky Davis, Corey Maggette, Jason Richardson - if teams had said "you're our guy" and given them the kind of green light and long leash DD has had for this number of seasons, couldn't they have sustained similar production?

Comment

I'm more convinced than ever that DeRozan is just a pretty good basketball player who, through super high usage and an entire franchise being committed to making him a "star" , has managed to put up borderline all-star numbers.

I don't want him here next year at all, for almost any price. His role will be the issue. He won't do much with decreased usage, and we've seen what he is with his current role/usage. Some cores just have a first-round-out ceiling. DD's one of those core players.
                I don't want him back either, but the organization has been so committed to him being "the man" here. Whenever his future is brought up, it quickly devolves into "but he's such a hard worker", "who are we going to replace him with", and "he's gotten better every year". He's a product of volume. Give any average player license to launch FGA's and excuse them from giving any defensive effort and they'll put up similar numbers.

Comment

Yeah, Ricky Davis, Corey Maggette, Jason Richardson - if teams had said "you're our guy" and given them the kind of green light and long leash DD has had for this number of seasons, couldn't they have sustained similar production?
                  Or Swaggy P. I got raked for comparing DD to Nick Young, when they're actually alot similar than different. And by analogy, is Kyle Lowry really just 3 years of The Best of Mike James? Has Casey pulled a fast one on all of us and created the greatest ever fools gold regular season team in NBA history, padding his own coaching record, but not creating anything of real value?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Or Swaggy P. I got raked for comparing DD to Nick Young, when they're actually alot similar than different. And by analogy, is Kyle Lowry really just 3 years of The Best of Mike James? Has Casey pulled a fast one on all of us and created the greatest ever fools gold regular season team in NBA history, padding his own coaching record, but not creating anything of real value?
                    Casey's created a system that makes some guys(DeMar, Lowry, Lou Williams) look way better than they actually are, although I'd argue less so for Lowry than the others.

The same system makes some guys look way, way worse than they actually are. Greivis Vasquez, Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross for example.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      The best of Mike james? Lowry was called an mvp candidate by esteemed basketball minds around north America. It's funny how basketball fans not only a) have short memories and deliver hot takes during slumps and b) over value shooting like it's the be all end all.

That's the difference in our pg and our SG. When demar isn't making shots or getting to the line he's utterly useless. Add in his non stop turnovers this series and he becomes the pacers mvp. Kyle is a complete basketball player. And yes yes I know he needs to score but we'd be getting our butt kicked even more if he dropped off the roster. The series would have been over by now if demar dropped off the roster
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The one thing that DeMar's added to our team -and something I think a lot of people are forgetting- is that he's had Paul George guard him. If DeMar's not on the team PG probably shuts down Lowry's game (outside of his shot).

Leaving DD in just so he could be guarded by PG would actually be a good idea so long as we don't feed him the ball too often (do it occasionally to keep Indi honest). Running a 4on4 most plays where PG isn't one of the four favors us heavily.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The best of Mike james? Lowry was called an mvp candidate by esteemed basketball minds around north America. It's funny how basketball fans not only a) have short memories and deliver hot takes during slumps and b) over value shooting like it's the be all end all.

That's the difference in our pg and our SG. When demar isn't making shots or getting to the line he's utterly useless. Add in his non stop turnovers this series and he becomes the pacers mvp. Kyle is a complete basketball player. And yes yes I know he needs to score but we'd be getting our butt kicked even more if he dropped off the roster. The series would have been over by now if demar dropped off the roster
                          The shit that we are laying right now has little to do with Lowry as a player; he really is banged up. He is truly a great player but I do question his ability to stay healthy till the end of a season. Believe it or not Lowry only had one fully healthy season in his career, the Brooklyn series season. Him turning 30 by the time next season starts and the potential contract he is going to demand following the season is a huge concern for me.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            The one thing that DeMar's added to our team -and something I think a lot of people are forgetting- is that he's had Paul George guard him. If DeMar's not on the team PG probably shuts down Lowry's game (outside of his shot).

Leaving DD in just so he could be guarded by PG would actually be a good idea so long as we don't feed him the ball too often (do it occasionally to keep Indi honest). Running a 4on4 most plays where PG isn't one of the four favors us heavily.
                            Ummm we could have anyone shitting the bed at SG with Paul George guarding them to make this argument valid. Just because jt is DD doesnt mean shit

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Ummm we could have anyone shitting the bed at SG with Paul George guarding them to make this argument valid. Just because jt is DD doesnt mean shit
                              Except PG wouldn't be guarding them.

He does command attention from the defense and if you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

Obviously he's been absolute trash and I don't like him but it's something to think about with everyone talking about Powell being the starting 2 next year.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                The shit that we are laying right now has little to do with Lowry as a player; he really is banged up. He is truly a great player but I do question his ability to stay healthy till the end of a season. Believe it or not Lowry only had one fully healthy season in his career, the Brooklyn series season. Him turning 30 by the time next season starts and the potential contract he is going to demand following the season is a huge concern for me.
                                what? lowy wasn't even healthy during the brooklyn series. do you not recall him visibly limping all over the court?

Comment

Working...
                                X