No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good for demar.. its frustrating to see him play like he did in game 6 vs game 7

Comment

• Yeah I think Magic is a part owner of the Lakers.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Yeah, he would be neck and neck with Vince -- pretty scary. If he stays, he could have the most playoff success and become the top scorer...

What a clown. If Demar goes to LA wouldn't it be a trade to the Clippers? Why would he want to go to a team destined to fail for the next 3 years? The next 3 years are likely the peak of his career. Meanwhile, he's getting more exposure the deeper this run.

MAYBE Luke Walton would make it almost worth playing for the Lakers, but look at that roster. Players can get 20+ Mill anywhere now. They play where they can win. I don't think Lakers are even on his radar.
        I don't see this being a factor with any player for the time being. Dude was a mediocre bench player while he was in the league, and he inherited the league champs, along with the MVP, for the first 30 games or whatever. I highly doubt anyone is clamoring to play for Luke Walton. I know you said MAYBE, so I'm not saying you feel that, but I just don't see it.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Yeah I think Magic is a part owner of the Lakers.
          Magic is a part owner of the Dodgers. Buss family owns the Lakers.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Quick summary of DD this series. And remember he is supposed to be a scorer and play maker

Out of 28 quarters (sorry, 27 cause he was benched for one), DD had:

- 19 quarters shooting less than 40%
            - 8 quarters shooting greater than 40%. Of which, his highest is 52.5% for any quarter

and

- 12 quarters where he registered 0 assists
            - 12 quarters where he registered 1 assist
            - 3 quarters where he registered 2 assists

In his "big" game 7 performance

1st Q: 13 pts (5/11), 1 assist
            2nd Q: 2 pts (1/5), 0 assists
            3rd Q: 13 pts (4/12), 1 assist
            4th Q: 0 points (0/5 !!!!), 0 assists and a -10

F**k me if this guy is held in any sort of positive light by the media/team after this series. Awful team basketball player

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Quick summary of DD this series. And remember he is supposed to be a scorer and play maker

- 8 quarters shooting greater than 40%. Of which, his highest is 52.5% for any quarter

and

F**k me if this guy is held in any sort of positive light by the media/team after this series. Awful team basketball player
              Quit this rant.

DD is shit.

but we just won a game 7 and on to second round in a while.

Lets enjoy that without whining for a bit.

again, DD is absolutely shit but we won. Move on.

Comment

• If DD just plays decent from here on I think hes offered 16m and takes it. LA is a nice town but as a parent like DD is Toronto is a great place to raise a family. Even if you have a place in beverly hills with a big fence its still better here being a parent imo.

But since he'll be offered more elsewhere maybe there will be a no trade clause. He wont want to take less to play here then get shipped to minnesota or wherever.

Comment

• Not going to happen. That's 50 000 000 left on the table. No fucking way. Nope. No.

I will happily go lose in big titted Tinseltown for 50 million dollars.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Quick summary of DD this series. And remember he is supposed to be a scorer and play maker

and

Yeah it's pretty horrible, but let's circle back after the Heat. Paul George is a nightmare defender for DeMar and for most wing players.... For example, James Harden is shooting 37% from the field and 33% from 3 vs PG over 8 games (3 wins, 5 losses).

As someone who has defended DD as a 2nd/3rd option--and his over-usage should actually be a much bigger part of this discussion--it was pretty discouraging to see him revert to his shitty habits yet again in game 7, but we are in kind of a jam now. So much of Masai's mantra has been about continuity and chemistry... what are the odds of him letting DD walk? Especially after our first playoff series win in 15 years? I'd say the odds are minuscule, unless we get swept by the Heat, which I don't see happening.

It's going to be a weird summer.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Yeah it's pretty horrible, but let's circle back after the Heat. Paul George is a nightmare defender for DeMar and for most wing players.... For example, James Harden is shooting 37% from the field and 33% from 3 vs PG over 8 games (3 wins, 5 losses).

As someone who has defended DD as a 2nd/3rd option--and his over-usage should actually be a much bigger part of this discussion--it was pretty discouraging to see him revert to his shitty habits yet again in game 7, but we are in kind of a jam now. So much of Masai's mantra has been about continuity and chemistry... what are the odds of him letting DD walk? Especially after our first playoff series win in 15 years? I'd say the odds are minuscule, unless we get swept by the Heat, which I don't see happening.

It's going to be a weird summer.
                      well, that problem won't go away if we keep dwane casey.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of locking in to another 4 years of Casey "riding and dying" with derozan as the main guy. At least one of them must go in my opinion and it's not looking like it's going to be Casey.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        Quit this rant.

DD is shit.

but we just won a game 7 and on to second round in a while.

Lets enjoy that without whining for a bit.

again, DD is absolutely shit but we won. Move on.
                        Some seem to be so bitter that they can't stop and celebrate. No, no time because DD and Casey must be trashed on a forum they'll never read and wouldn't give a second thought to had someone showed them what was said.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Some seem to be so bitter that they can't stop and celebrate. No, no time because DD and Casey must be trashed on a forum they'll never read and wouldn't give a second thought to had someone showed them what was said.
                          Some are so dug in on either side they can't appreciate or criticize, depending on which side of the fence they are on.

Personally my three greatest raptors memories are now mighty mouse beating the 72 win bulls, Vince at the dunk contest and now this series win. I was young for the others and after all the futility this win was huge.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• The last game was everything I hate about NBA. It was a farce. I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I just can't be ok with this. DeRozan scored 30 on 32 shots. 9-27 from 2pt, 1-5 from 3pt, and 9/9 FT's. So, from 78 possible points, he had 30. His defense was horrible the whole series. And the worst thing is, he is highlighted as the man, the star, that carried this team on his shoulders to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Give 32 shots to Cojo, JV, Caroll, Ppat or injured Lowry and I am sure that they would score more. This is such a fucking bullshit.

And then Ujiri kisses Casey's head which means that it's all good, Casey will get a new contract, this pseudo star will get his max and everyone will be happy. Until the next year and the next countless brain farts from DeRozan.

And lets be fair for a moment here. I understand that every fan is a homer and we all tend to be subjective but several key calls or non calls affected the outcome of the game. 1) PG steals the ball from DD, drives and makes the basket but there's a charging foul on PG, not a blocking foul on DD. 2) DD's foul on Mahinmi in the end (this one should've been called). 3) when DD made a spin move to pass the ball out, he probably traveled there.
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                              The last game was everything I hate about NBA. It was a farce. I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I just can't be ok with this. DeRozan scored 30 on 32 shots. 9-27 from 2pt, 1-5 from 3pt, and 9/9 FT's. So, from 78 possible points, he had 30. His defense was horrible the whole series. And the worst thing is, he is highlighted as the man, the star, that carried this team on his shoulders to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Give 32 shots to Cojo, JV, Caroll, Ppat or injured Lowry and I am sure that they would score more. This is such a fucking bullshit.

And then Ujiri kisses Casey's head which means that it's all good, Casey will get a new contract, this pseudo star will get his max and everyone will be happy. Until the next year and the next countless brain farts from DeRozan.

And lets be fair for a moment here. I understand that every fan is a homer and we all tend to be subjective but several key calls or non calls affected the outcome of the game. 1) PG steals the ball from DD, drives and makes the basket but there's a charging foul on PG, not a blocking foul on DD. 2) DD's foul on Mahinmi in the end (this one should've been called). 3) when DD made a spin move to pass the ball out, he probably traveled there.
                              what about the non-calls against Indy, there were plenty of them, just ask JV. And that charging foul on PG was just that, a charge. I'm surprised they didn't whistle Demar on Mahinmi though, that was pretty obvious. I still believe that Demar had his best all around game. His shooting was poor, yes, but overall his decision making and D was where it needed to be. I shouldn't make this excuse, but he could have easily been 13-14 for 26-28, or around 50%. Had two beat the clock 3's that missed of course, and even missed a few good looks.

It wasn't as bad as it looks on paper IMO. But there were 5 total stinkers for him in this series, and thats not good at all. Also, that run the clock strategy for the second half of the fourth was an awful idea and resulted in some poor shot selection team wide.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                what about the non-calls against Indy, there were plenty of them, just ask JV. And that charging foul on PG was just that, a charge. I'm surprised they didn't whistle Demar on Mahinmi though, that was pretty obvious. I still believe that Demar had his best all around game. His shooting was poor, yes, but overall his decision making and D was where it needed to be. I shouldn't make this excuse, but he could have easily been 13-14 for 26-28, or around 50%. Had two beat the clock 3's that missed of course, and even missed a few good looks.

It wasn't as bad as it looks on paper IMO. But there were 5 total stinkers for him in this series, and thats not good at all. Also, that run the clock strategy for the second half of the fourth was an awful idea and resulted in some poor shot selection team wide.
                                Ok, we're all entitled to our own opinions. I for one hate this guy. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. And he has a really low bball IQ, and he's very selfish. He's an impostor, a phoney, a fake star. I'm sorry to bring this kind of attitude after winning the series and I know that I'm behaving like an asshole, and I understand that I talk garbage, and I hope that no one will be offended by this. But it just doesn't fit in my head that this game, because they won it, pretty much justified DeRozan's performance. I just can't accept it.
                                MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Working...
                                X