Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    DeMar has torn up the Heat this season. Besides the first game there, he's been extremely efficient and gotten to the line (three 30+ point games on 51% shooting overall, 34 free throw attempts). Expecting a BIG series from him.
    To delve a little deeper though, he did it on 38.6 minutes per game and 35.2% usage. So he took a LOT of shots. Only a 13.8% assist ratio, much lower than his season average.

So there's some good and some bad here.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The good news for DD is he has the entire Heat series to perform well and make us forget about round 1. If he plays great and gets us to the ECF, everything will be forgiven on my end.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        except vs paul george but against smaller defenders? definitely. its one of demars strengths that doesn't get highlighted as much as his usual # of FT attempts.
        Except when he gets smaller defenders, it seems he often posts up and shoots a fadeaway instead, seen that happen on Ellis and Hill.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          To delve a little deeper though, he did it on 38.6 minutes per game and 35.2% usage. So he took a LOT of shots. Only a 13.8% assist ratio, much lower than his season average.

I think you're reaching a bit. When you're scoring that well, facilitating isn't as important (took more FGA in each of our wins than in our lone loss against them). Miami also only ranks 27th in the league in generating steals. If his shot isn't falling, the Heat won't be picking off his passes like the Pacers (4th in the league). Then there's the fact that Walker and Jeremy freaking Lin got to the line a ton of times in the first round.

VERY favorable series for DeMar.

Primer wrote: View Post
          The good news for DD is he has the entire Heat series to perform well and make us forget about round 1. If he plays great and gets us to the ECF, everything will be forgiven on my end.
          Agreed. If he leads us to another won round, gotta let the Pacers series go.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
            Before you kill me and say that the sample size for Lucas is way too small, I am posting this fully aware of that fact. Still, interesting to see that Bebe has been reasonably effective in his minutes played.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

DIE 92TillInfinity DIE bahahahah

All kidding aside there is a reason why Bebe is used in limited minutes and therefore 36 per game stats are worthless.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

If you're scoring that well, you really shouldn't be passing much.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

DIE 92TillInfinity DIE bahahahah

All kidding aside there is a reason why Bebe is used in limited minutes and therefore 36 per game stats are worthless.
                The reason Bebe was used limited minutes rhymes with Hispack Yotombo. Only so many C minutes to go around.

You also used the wrong version of that Seagal gif.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  The reason Bebe was used limited minutes rhymes with Hispack Yotombo. Only so many C minutes to go around.

jesus lol
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    jesus lol
                    Ya, as a mod I'm very conflicted on that gif ... on one hand, its hilarious ... on the other, its Steven Seagal shooting a bunch of kids ... Lol

Comment

• My worry is that Pacers defense on Demar and Kyle gives every other team a blueprint of how to guard them now. So even if they might not have as good defenders if they just do what Paul and both Hill's did they can stop them. At the end of the day Miami as a TEAM is very good defensively so they still worry me. They were better than us defensively during the season and so far very good in the playoffs. Sometimes you don't always need a lock down defender like Paul George to stop people.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• And don't forget Spo is a championship calibre coach. He will figure something out.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Spo is a good defensive coach but he is awful on the other side of the ball....

Thanks for pointing out the missed 2 ptz in Game 7. I knew the pig looked funny without its lipstick

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes but again the small sample is still too small to trust him to replace BB production. You might as well draft Poletl if you want a solid backup that can step in right away next season.

Oh and lastly that Segal GIF is awesome. One too many babysitters job, he finally snapped!!

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              My worry is that Pacers defense on Demar and Kyle gives every other team a blueprint of how to guard them now. So even if they might not have as good defenders if they just do what Paul and both Hill's did they can stop them. At the end of the day Miami as a TEAM is very good defensively so they still worry me. They were better than us defensively during the season and so far very good in the playoffs. Sometimes you don't always need a lock down defender like Paul George to stop people.
                              They were about the same as us from the deadline on (since they got JJ) defensively. And middle of the pack (about two points worse than us) for the final 15 games.

The thing about what defences without a Paul George can do to take away DeRozan's game is that they have to give you something else to do it. Indy didn't have to trade off anything.

Not worried about Miami's defence at all. Their offence is the scary part.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                They were about the same as us from the deadline on (since they got JJ) defensively. And middle of the pack (about two points worse than us) for the final 15 games.

The thing about what defences without a Paul George can do to take away DeRozan's game is that they have to give you something else to do it. Indy didn't have to trade off anything.

Not worried about Miami's defence at all. Their offence is the scary part.
                                Post all-star they were 8th in Drating and we were 13th.

While DD has been very good against Miami this year, Spoelstra has enough tools at his disposal to give us some fits on D.

Comment

Working...
                                X