Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

GLF wrote: View Post
    My worry is that Pacers defense on Demar and Kyle gives every other team a blueprint of how to guard them now. So even if they might not have as good defenders if they just do what Paul and both Hill's did they can stop them. At the end of the day Miami as a TEAM is very good defensively so they still worry me. They were better than us defensively during the season and so far very good in the playoffs. Sometimes you don't always need a lock down defender like Paul George to stop people.
    Lol what? Yeah all they have to do is "do what Paul (George) did" to stop derozan. Yeah ok.

I guess derozan can just use Michael Jordan as a "blueprint" to score and Magic Johnson as a "blueprint" to pass and we'll be fine.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Tue May 3, 2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Post all-star they were 8th in Drating and we were 13th.

While DD has been very good against Miami this year, Spoelstra has enough tools at his disposal to give us some fits on D.
      Yeah but now that Lebron is off the heat, at least their Draking is way lower now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        They were about the same as us from the deadline on (since they got JJ) defensively. And middle of the pack (about two points worse than us) for the final 15 games.

The thing about what defences without a Paul George can do to take away DeRozan's game is that they have to give you something else to do it. Indy didn't have to trade off anything.

Not worried about Miami's defence at all. Their offence is the scary part.
        That's a good point. Well I hope you're right. Their offense definitely scares me more than their defense though. That I definitely agree with. Our defense I don't think is good enough to stop them. We could barely stop Indiana a lot of the time
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• According to Stephen A, DeRozan has made it very clear that he wants to be with the Lakers next year......hmm.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ujiri would be crazy to let him walk for nothing.

And I think this SAS rumor makes sense. He's also not known for tossing around garbage rumours. He annoys me though always...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              According to Stephen A, DeRozan has made it very clear that he wants to be with the Lakers next year......hmm.

He also repeatedly said that Derozan is a restricted free agent. So, per usual, Stephen A. Smith doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                He also repeatedly said that Derozan is a restricted free agent. So, per usual, Stephen A. Smith doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
                Maybe he thinks Restricted means Restricted to the team that signs him?
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The important bit was the family and playing for his favorite team. You know, like Cojo.

Hopefully there is a S&T to be had even if it's picks. Maybe they send Lou back here. Norm would start I'd imagine, this is truly good for Norm if it plays out.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 3, 2016, 12:59 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Even if DeMar leaves, that's cap room for someone else. I don't really see it as a negative because I don't think that someone else can't come in and fill his role, eventually. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to promoting Norman Powell up the the 2 spot and looking for an All Star PF.

And it's not like Toronto is a dead zone that no one wants to play for anymore. The stock for the city is definitely not as high as some, and the whole Canadian thing will be a turn off to some, but the team is winning, and the organization is lauded as world class. Some people will want to play here.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      The important bit was the family and playing for his favorite team. You know, like Cojo.

Hopefully there is a S&T to be had even if it's picks. Maybe they send Lou back here. Norm would start I'd imagine, this is truly good for Norm if it plays out.

They could throw in Randle too, that would be nice of them. That or a 1st rounder would be great
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        The important bit was the family and playing for his favorite team. You know, like Cojo.

There are no longer any incentives for teams with cap space to do a S&T. If DD wants his 5th year, it can only be as a Raptor and cannot be carried over in a S&T. Lakers have a boat load of cap space so don't need to trade guys to fit him in.

Besides.. I think it's probably better to let him go so that we can see what this core is like without him. If the plan is to move him eventually anyway in a year or two then no point in dragging it out. Raptors have enough draft picks and prospects in their cupboard that can last a few years anyway.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          There are no longer any incentives for teams with cap space to do a S&T. If DD wants his 5th year, it can only be as a Raptor and cannot be carried over in a S&T. Lakers have a boat load of cap space so don't need to trade guys to fit him in.

Besides.. I think it's probably better to let him go so that we can see what this core is like without him. If the plan is to move him eventually anyway in a year or two then no point in dragging it out. Raptors have enough draft picks and prospects in their cupboard that can last a few years anyway.
                          Thinking about this, the only reason I could see the Lakers working out a S&T is if they want to sign another big name free agent (or two) first, then use the S&T to add DeRozan. It might be tricky making the salaries balance, unless they still have some cap space left (just not enough to max him outright).

In that case, it would be good for the Raptors (a decent return for DeRozan), the Lakers (they sign extra free agents), and DeRozan (gets paid either way, but now has more/better teammates to play with on the Lakers).

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Spo is a good defensive coach but he is awful on the other side of the ball....

Thanks for pointing out the missed 2 ptz in Game 7. I knew the pig looked funny without its lipstick
                            You can belittle the 30 points he gave us (however inefficient) but that doesn't change the fact that he played his heart out for us while being guarded by one of the best defenders in the NBA.

This "pig" helped us get into the second round for the first time in 15 years. We wouldn't of won without him anyways. Especially with Lowry unable to hit shots.

Must be nice to constantly criticize and degrade him while sitting at your computer contributing nothing but hate.

Edit:

I value Magic Johnson's opinion on Demar more than yours.
                            Last edited by special1; Tue May 3, 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                              Even if DeMar leaves, that's cap room for someone else. I don't really see it as a negative because I don't think that someone else can't come in and fill his role, eventually. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to promoting Norman Powell up the the 2 spot and looking for an All Star PF.

And it's not like Toronto is a dead zone that no one wants to play for anymore. The stock for the city is definitely not as high as some, and the whole Canadian thing will be a turn off to some, but the team is winning, and the organization is lauded as world class. Some people will want to play here.
                              I'd rather see them sign another forward who can play big or small. After Ujiri's call to LeBron goes directly to vmail and Durant let's him down easy there are some really interesting options. Harrison Barnes, Ryan Anderson and Terrence Jones are all interesting for different reasons. And yeah, I agree it won't be the end of the world if he just walks but damn, Ujiri needs to play up the money card with a willingness to deal to DD.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                                Even if DeMar leaves, that's cap room for someone else. I don't really see it as a negative because I don't think that someone else can't come in and fill his role, eventually. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to promoting Norman Powell up the the 2 spot and looking for an All Star PF.

Does it really leave enough cap room to get someone else (all-star PF) though?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Maybe DanH or someone with knowledge of our cap situation can answer this.

Comment

Working...
                                X