Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    What you don't seem to get is that the team plays better when DD is being aggressive. Like or not but, your role players feed off your all-stars. Its been that way all year and its not going to change in the playoffs.
    Actually, the team plays better when Lowry is being aggressive. The team plays a lot worse when DeRozan's dribbling with his head down into 3 defenders, without a single teammate touching the ball, and 15 seconds left on the shot clock.

#EmptyThatClip

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      What you don't seem to get is that the team plays better when DD is being aggressive. Like or not but, your role players feed off your all-stars. Its been that way all year and its not going to change in the playoffs.
      DeRozan being aggressive and decisive is good.

DeRozan being a low-BBIQ, inefficient, one-dimensional chucker is not good.

Over the course of the 7-game series, we saw maybe 4 quarters of 'good' DeRozan'. The rest of the series was 'bad' DeRozan (and one quarter of 'benched' DeRozan).

Comment

• You know what would've been good from DeMar? Creating opportunities for JV, the player that Indiana could not guard. DeMar could've done it too.

In game 7, there were at least two plays where JV was standing in the post with good position, waving both hands above his head while DeMar dribbled into a bad mid-range jumper.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          The reason Bebe was used limited minutes rhymes with Hispack Yotombo. Only so many C minutes to go around.

You also used the wrong version of that Seagal gif.

That might be the greatest gif I have ever seen....

There must be something wrong with me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Spo is a good defensive coach but he is awful on the other side of the ball....
            Um, so the guy who got Lebron and Wade to completely change their approaches on offense and who was the head coach of one of the best offenses in the league during the Lebron era is "awful on [offense]". Right.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              My worry is that Pacers defense on Demar and Kyle gives every other team a blueprint of how to guard them now. So even if they might not have as good defenders if they just do what Paul and both Hill's did they can stop them. At the end of the day Miami as a TEAM is very good defensively so they still worry me. They were better than us defensively during the season and so far very good in the playoffs. Sometimes you don't always need a lock down defender like Paul George to stop people.
              Dude, these teams have 7 years of film on Demar. They all know how to guard him. They know how to guard everyone. Miami played the Raps 4 times this season and how many times in the last three years? There aren't any surprises coming from anyone. As long as the Raps execute and make shots they will be fine on offense, just like if Miami executes and makes shots they'll be fine.

Comment

• DWade barely tries on defense anymore. It will be literally night and day versus going against Paul George. I fully expect DD to have a good series offensively. Much more worried about Lowry.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks we got to 2nd round because of demar has to be deluded. He was absolutely terrible. We got to the second round despite him, not because of him.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Anyone who thinks we got to 2nd round because of demar has to be deluded. He was absolutely terrible. We got to the second round despite him, not because of him.
                    Ya, I mean we're not just talking about a shooting slump. We're talking about historical levels of post-season brick laying. And missing shots is one thing. It happens to everyone. But if you're continually taking low-percentage shots, then you're destined to fail. It's simple math.

Lowry would be getting just as much heat if not for his bum elbow, and his ability to contribute in every other aspect of basketball.
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue May 3, 2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Ya, I mean we're not just talking about a shooting slump. We're talking about historical levels of post-season brick laying. And missing shots is one thing. It happens to everyone. But if you're continually taking low-percentage shots, then you're destined to fail. It's simple math.

Lowry would be getting just as much heat if not for his bum elbow, and his ability to contribute in every other aspect of basketball.
                      Key the bold, if DD was contributing on defense, rebounding, and assists it wouldn't have been so bad.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Key the bold, if DD was contributing on defense, rebounding, and assists it wouldn't have been so bad.
                        I not saying demar played well defensively in the series but he did have a couple of good defensive plays in game 7 taking the charge on George and the block.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Anyone who thinks we got to 2nd round because of demar has to be deluded. He was absolutely terrible. We got to the second round despite him, not because of him.
                          I can't see what you're typing here. I'm blinded by the 30PPG. Metrics don't matter in a league all about making and marketing stars. This will sell Lakers tickets next year so quiet down.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            I not saying demar played well defensively in the series but he did have a couple of good defensive plays in game 7 taking the charge on George and the block.
                            two great defensive plays negates 38 mins of terrible defense? Interesting

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              After a brutal turnover. All he did was save his behind. Call it a wash on that play

Comment

• http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=ts_pct

To put things in perspective. Full list of guys, ever, who have played more than 4 playoff games, had more than 25% usage(DeMar's was over 30%) and had under 45% true shooting on 100 FGA.(DeMar is .403 on 138)

He literally had the worst high usage playoff series ever.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X