No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as Lowry keeps turning down shots DD is going to take them. Lowry was always the one who balanced out the offense. With him turning down shots is putting his teams in tough situations. I have the utmost confidence in Lowry though. He'll get it together.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      DeMar is 0/8 in the playoffs with the shot clock off.(end of quarter)
      theres gotta be some underlying reason for this, besides the ride or die nonsense. it may go in hand in hand with the shot clock killing sessions at end of games as well. i think DC is less concerned with actually scoring at the end and more concerned with turnovers and opponent transition points in the last 5 minutes of play. at least in these instances, even if your chances of scoring are lower, you can expect to have the team back in defense.

thats the ONLY silver lining i can see in the way this style is played.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        theres gotta be some underlying reason for this, besides the ride or die nonsense. it may go in hand in hand with the shot clock killing sessions at end of games as well. i think DC is less concerned with actually scoring at the end and more concerned with turnovers and opponent transition points in the last 5 minutes of play. at least in these instances, even if your chances of scoring are lower, you can expect to have the team back in defense.

thats the ONLY silver lining i can see in the way this style is played.
        There is no magic to it. Raps put Derozan ISO at the top of the key and the other team knows exactly what is happening cause they do it every single time. They know DD won't pass in these situations so they just crowd the lane and force Derozan to shoot a contested jumper. And, the next time, the Raps go right back to the exact same play. It's not complicated. Other teams are trying to win to and they have caught on. It's no different than last year except it was Lou Williams instead of DD.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
          This shouldn't surprise anyone. The Raptor broadcasters are team employees. I've long suspected that they've been warned from above to stay away from criticizing players and Casey no matter how foolish their approach or tactics are. It has lowered the collective IQ of the fanbase, because all they know is Devlin/Jack/Leo making excuses for poor shot selection, bad defense, poor rotations and things like that.
          Couple of things. No team's home crew is constantly critical of their own team. Not any team in the NBA or any other sport. Second, Leo has buried DD on multiple occasions this post season and he has been critical of them going away from JV.

Jack is getting on my nerves though. Last night was the third or fourth time he's called out the fans. Enough. The fans have given more than enough to this team. We can't make threes or get rebounds and we can't pass the ball for DD. Stop with this nonsense.

Comment

• I personally don't want to see derozan in a raptors uniform next year. I think if we give JV the rock more and put Powell in the starting line up as a role player we can still make the playoffs and compete. Who knows maybe we get lucky and Kevin durant signs here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Knowing Powell he'll take a big step next season.

Our perimeter D will be incredible with a healthy Lowry, Powell and Carroll.

Comment

DeMar is 0/8 in the playoffs with the shot clock off.(end of quarter)
                Yea that's what i figured.

No free throws generated during that time either? Assists? Over 8 games have we not generated a single point by going to Derozan to close out a quarter?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  As long as Lowry keeps turning down shots DD is going to take them. Lowry was always the one who balanced out the offense. With him turning down shots is putting his teams in tough situations. I have the utmost confidence in Lowry though. He'll get it together.
                  Yea totally, Lowry should recognize that by trying to move the ball all he's doing is allowing derozan to take even worse shots. To justify keeping derozan around we need to balance him out with super efficient play from Lowry/JV and pretty much every one else. I mean what does Lowry hope to accomplish by passing the ball lol. I'm sure he'll come around though and just keep shooting

#RideOrDie

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    Yea totally, Lowry should recognize that by trying to move the ball all he's doing is allowing derozan to take even worse shots. To justify keeping derozan around we need to balance him out with super efficient play from Lowry/JV and pretty much every one else. I mean what does Lowry hope to accomplish by passing the ball lol. I'm sure he'll come around though and just keep shooting

#RideOrDie
                    11 of Lowry's 13 shots were uncontested last night. If he is getting uncontested shots he should keep shooting. Best way to get out of a slump is to keep taking good shots.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

11 of Lowry's 13 shots were uncontested last night. If he is getting uncontested shots he should keep shooting. Best way to get out of a slump is to keep taking good shots.
                      I thought the old adage was if the jumper isn't falling, you take it to the hoop to get layups and free throws so you can see easier shots go down.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

By this logic, any time Bismack is uncontested, he should just shoot right?

Sometimes, if it isn't working, emptying the clip isn't the best course of action.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

By this logic, any time Bismack is uncontested, he should just shoot right?

Sometimes, if it isn't working, emptying the clip isn't the best course of action.
                          C'mon man, has Biyombo ever averaged 39% from 3 for an entire Season? Its not even close to the same thing.

And this is the Demar thread anyway.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            C'mon man, has Biyombo ever averaged 39% from 3 for an entire Season? Its not even close to the same thing.

And this is the Demar thread anyway.
                            A discussion about taking shots regardless of the probability of hitting them seems incredibly appropriate for the DeMar thread.

And Lowry in the playoffs is a 25.8% 3pt shooter in his career.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Couple of things. No team's home crew is constantly critical of their own team. Not any team in the NBA or any other sport. Second, Leo has buried DD on multiple occasions this post season and he has been critical of them going away from JV.

Jack is getting on my nerves though. Last night was the third or fourth time he's called out the fans. Enough. The fans have given more than enough to this team. We can't make threes or get rebounds and we can't pass the ball for DD. Stop with this nonsense.
                              This season I've totally flip flopped on Leo and Jack. Used to hate Leo and love Jack. The thing is Jack wouldn't be afraid to criticize and tell it like it is when the team sucked. Now that they're good he's a complete shill. He spouts the company line type crap we have to deal with. He does nonsense like call out the fans instead of the team. Leo on the other hand seems more willing to criticize now that the team is good. Calls out players and the coach. I actually almost like Leo now. He's the honest one and he's not letting anyone off the hook. Still annoying sometimes, but Jack annoys me pretty much all the time now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                This season I've totally flip flopped on Leo and Jack. Used to hate Leo and love Jack. The thing is Jack wouldn't be afraid to criticize and tell it like it is when the team sucked. Now that they're good he's a complete shill. He spouts the company line type crap we have to deal with. He does nonsense like call out the fans instead of the team. Leo on the other hand seems more willing to criticize now that the team is good. Calls out players and the coach. I actually almost like Leo now. He's the honest one and he's not letting anyone off the hook. Still annoying sometimes, but Jack annoys me pretty much all the time now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                They both get frustrated by hero-ball and lack of JV usage, which makes me smile. Apparently they're both basement dwellers.

Comment

Working...
                                X