Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    What's sort of funny is that, given all of the issues, they are 2 wins away from the ECF (and should really be 1 win away) for the first time in franchise history. Their two 'best' players have played like crap and they've won in spite of them for the most part. It's pretty remarkable when viewed in that light. If you'd have told me that Lowry and Derozan would be shooting 34% for the playoffs I would have said they'd be out in the first round.

It speaks to (a) how good they have been defensively, (b) how good the talent is around DD and Lowry, and (c) how deep the team is at various positions. Everyone is very focused on the negative but there's a lot of good news to be found - they aren't 19-63 and in the lottery for the fourth straight year and they aren't a team of 35 year olds with one last gasp.
    Thanks. I think we all needed that glass x% full perspective to get the stench of last night out of the system.

The other thing that sticks out is how bad the other eastern conference teams are and how lucky we've been with the playoff seeding. Pacers had Paul George and bunch of spare parts, plus great coaching. Heat are missing arguably their most important all-around player (Bosh) and now Whiteside. But then again, glass half empty would then dictate that we should be winning these series handily, with our superior talent depth, 1 through 12.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      What's sort of funny is that, given all of the issues, they are 2 wins away from the ECF (and should really be 1 win away) for the first time in franchise history. Their two 'best' players have played like crap and they've won in spite of them for the most part. It's pretty remarkable when viewed in that light. If you'd have told me that Lowry and Derozan would be shooting 34% for the playoffs I would have said they'd be out in the first round.

It speaks to (a) how good they have been defensively, (b) how good the talent is around DD and Lowry, and (c) how deep the team is at various positions. Everyone is very focused on the negative but there's a lot of good news to be found - they aren't 19-63 and in the lottery for the fourth straight year and they aren't a team of 35 year olds with one last gasp.
      Yeah, they've never been closer but at the same time these playoffs have made it pretty clear that they're not really close at all.

I get that the goal is to soley win and not play appealing basketball, but man, something not awful would be nice.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Thanks. I think we all needed that glass x% full perspective to get the stench of last night out of the system.

The other thing that sticks out is how bad the other eastern conference teams are and how lucky we've been with the playoff seeding. Pacers had Paul George and bunch of spare parts, plus great coaching. Heat are missing arguably their most important all-around player (Bosh) and now Whiteside. But then again, glass half empty would then dictate that we should be winning these series handily, with our superior talent depth, 1 through 12.
        Another thing we learnt though is that we should and can balance the offensive load/minute count. Doing this will allow EVERYONE to be fresher come playoff time where it's important.

We shouldn't have to have injured players leading the league in minutes post injury.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Except at that point we're another year down on JV's development with DeMar eating up massive usage.
          I think you're looking at this wrong. What JV has been doing and learning are vital for a traditional big man. He's learning to do the dirty work and to fight for everything he gets. That's all important to his development if you want to see a rock solid star come out the other side.

DD needing to go, in my point of view anyway, has nothing to do with JV outside of the fact that DD is a black hole which is causing the whole offense to struggle immensely. They can never get good ball movement with him out there. The defense sets and then dribble, dribble, jack the shot up with a hand in the face. DD gotta eat you know what I'm saying?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            I think you're looking at this wrong. What JV has been doing and learning are vital for a traditional big man. He's learning to do the dirty work and to fight for everything he gets. That's all important to his development if you want to see a rock solid star come out the other side.

DD needing to go, in my point of view anyway, has nothing to do with JV outside of the fact that DD is a black hole which is causing the whole offense to struggle immensely. They can never get good ball movement with him out there. The defense sets and then dribble, dribble, jack the shot up with a hand in the face. DD gotta eat you know what I'm saying?
            The problem with JV and DeMar together is that DD can't play off ball. Just not in his skill set. So JV can't be a primary option as long as DeMar is here.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Deamr's Game 5 shooting numbers. Lets predict them
              I think he'll go

10/19 fg
              1/3 from deep
              7/9 from the line

28 points

28p/7r/4a/3s
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Deamr's Game 5 shooting numbers. Lets predict them
                I think he'll go

10/19 fg
                1/3 from deep
                7/9 from the line

28 points

28p/7r/4a/3s
                Bahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I think he'll go

10/19 fg
                  1/3 from deep
                  7/9 from the line

28 points

28p/7r/4a/3s
                  Seems....high
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Yeah its my prediction

fully capable of doing that and is due for a good game
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think he'll go

10/19 fg
                      1/3 from deep
                      7/9 from the line

28 points

28p/7r/4a/3s
                      You meant 1-19, right?

18 missed shots wouldn't even be his playoff high, lol.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        Seems....high
                        I wouldn't be surprised if he came out on fire and had a good first half but he has shown no signs he can sustain it and it's largely because he's forcing and taking way too many bad shots.

Comment

Yeah its my prediction

fully capable of doing that and is due for a good game
                          But his confidence is shot, and his thumb needs amputating. He isn't capable anymore.

Comment

I think he'll go

10/19 fg
                            1/3 from deep
                            7/9 from the line

28 points

28p/7r/4a/3s
                            Seems highly unli ... you know, screw it ... I hope you're right.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            But his confidence is shot, and his thumb needs amputating. He isn't capable anymore.
                            The issue is his confidence isn't shot. He's settling.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              For those concerned with having to take back junk salary in a later trade of DeMar...

Keep in mind, there is ANOTHER cap boom next summer. There will be teams that strike out on free agents, and have max cap room, and maybe would rather trade picks/prospects for DeMar using their cap space to facilitate the deal rather than trying to match salaries and play over the cap.
                              Yea like Tobias Harris. But look what they got for Tobias Harris. Teams are starting to get really smart with cap management nowadays. There is only one New York and one New Orleans.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Except at that point we're another year down on JV's development with DeMar eating up massive usage.
                                Sure. And that's an entirely different argument.

I was addressing the concern with taking back junk - it may well not be the least bit necessary.

For now, I make no commentary on the pros and cons of keeping DeMar in terms of JV's development.

Let's not use one concern to validate another that might or might not have any real validity. Separate points.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X