Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Did you copy paste this from your regular hate. Let's be honest. Was there ever a time you had anything good to say about Demar?? Lol

Here we are in the East Finals with Demar having the highest usage. All you geniuses who said we'd never get here with Demar being the number one option, taking the most shots. Yep. We're all idiots and you are the smartest person ever.

Serious question...... You think Kyle Lowry wants him back? Only an idiot would say no.... So be careful
    Meh I've been very complimentary of Demar when has it going.. if you go back and check the posts you could easily figure it out but you just come here to call people hater and "told you so's" to justify your "ridership".

Ofcourse Lowry wants him back. Ofcourse we won despise him.. a shit doesnt turn to a diamond just cuz its sitting in the jewelary store. If you think we have been winning in the playoffs because Derozan is our number 1 option then god helps you. but hey... keep supporting the team. I take nothing away from what we've done as a team.

but really....common man when players play bad have the open mind to criticize their play. Derozan was shit both ends of the floor 90% of the playoffs and we won despite that in both series going to game 7s.

Comment

Barolt.....lol

Demar and Kyle have something special. They feed off each other. They trust in each other. That's a huge reason why Kyle stayed here.

If you think Kyle will be happy if we don't try to retain Demar, then you're clearly not as smart as I thought.

Rudy had to go..... Not even an all-star so no big loss. Different than losing a 2 time all-star wouldn't you think?
      Every time you reply to one of my posts it basically starts with some form of 'Barolt.....lol'. Clearly you don't think I'm very smart. Which is fine.

I don't put much stock in being an 'All-Star' at all, so that particular argument doesn't hold much weight for me. And I think Lowry is gone next summer, so not sure that one does either.

We're a better team if we aren't paying DeMar $25 mil or more, in my opinion. When the best thing you can say about a guy is 'we won even though he was pretty terrible', you don't pay him more than 25% of the max.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Your something else man. Question to the raptors win this tight series without him putting up those numbers over the last 3 games?
        Those numbers don't look nearly as good when you factor in the fact that this guy can't play D.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Every time you reply to one of my posts it basically starts with some form of 'Barolt.....lol'. Clearly you don't think I'm very smart. Which is fine.

I don't put much stock in being an 'All-Star' at all, so that particular argument doesn't hold much weight for me. And I think Lowry is gone next summer, so not sure that one does either.

We're a better team if we aren't paying DeMar $25 mil or more, in my opinion. When the best thing you can say about a guy is 'we won even though he was pretty terrible', you don't pay him more than 25% of the max.
          You keep brining up Future salaries. Personally, I let Masai worry about that stuff.

One thing I will say is that he out performed his CURRENT Salary of 9.5 million (Season and Playoffs).

Many players have taken less than they could've gotten elsewhere to play (See any Spur). You act like its a done deal that he gets max (maybe it is... I don't know).

I like what we have here. No reason to split it up just yet.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Those numbers don't look nearly as good when you factor in the fact that this guy can't play D.
            I think his bad defence is overrated. He knows the schemes and he's actually a pretty good team defender. He over helps to pack the lane at times, but that's the scheme.

People just see that and assume he has no idea what he's doing. Loul Deng didn't hurt us this playoffs. Demar's negative defensive impact was certainly exaggerated.

Comment

• Even Jack was getting on DeRozan during game #7, for his poor shot selection, forcing his own offense, not involving his teammates, etc...

The Raptors won game 7 because:
              - Lowry
              - Biyombo
              - defense from Carroll, Patterson and Ross

DeRozan, Joseph, Thompson and the garbage-crew (Powell, Wright, Bebe, JJ) were non-factors.

I'm sure the stats gurus around here could find evidence to support the eye-test that the Raptors ebbed and flowed with Lowry, and that they were no worse for wear (possibly even better) when DeRozan was sitting. During the series-clinching run to start the 4th quarter, DeRozan was on the bench.

The passing and team play increases when DeRozan isn't causing the offense to stagnate. His shooting was inefficient, he wasn't facilitating, and his defense was barely acceptable (a dumb gamble lead to a Wade 3 to spark a Miami run in the 3rd quarter).

How/why is it 'hate' to point out the obvious, that both the eye-test and advanced stats support?
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon May 16, 2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                We win game 7 if he doesn't even play. Everyone else was so good that he was completely irrelevant. Hell, we win the series before game 7 if DeMar doesn't crap the bed horribly in games 1 and 4.
                This. is. nonsense.

This is why you get labelled a hater.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I think his bad defence is overrated. He knows the schemes and he's actually a pretty good team defender. He over helps to pack the lane at times, but that's the scheme.

People just see that and assume he has no idea what he's doing. Loul Deng didn't hurt us this playoffs. Demar's negative defensive impact was certainly exaggerated.
                  pointing out Luol Deng's impact to justify Demar's defensive capabilities is just wrong. Deng was a broken down and abnged up 4th option of that team. if anything, the way they attacked Demar in pick and rolls is more evidence how bad Demar is defensively. How is this even a discussion?

look dude, Demar brings alota valuable ,usually unnoticed, intangibles to the team, a marvelous teammate and the ultimate professional you can ask for in this league and it has positive impact on the team which drives the team as a whole but to say Demar played good basketball is just stupid. No he didn't. But still we won. move on. Don't put him on a pedestal for the team's achievement.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Even Jack was getting on DeRozan during game #7, for his poor shot selection, forcing his own offense, not involving his teammates, etc...

- Lowry
                    - Biyombo

DeRozan, Joseph, Thompson and the garbage-crew (Powell, Wright, Bebe, JJ) were non-factors.

I'm sure the stats gurus around here could find evidence to support the eye-test that the Raptors ebbed and flowed with Lowry, and that they were no worse for wear (possibly even better) when DeRozan was sitting. During the series-clinching run to start the 4th quarter, DeRozan was on the bench.

The passing and team play increases when DeRozan isn't causing the offense to stagnate. His shooting was inefficient, he wasn't facilitating, and his defense was barely acceptable (a dumb gamble lead to a Wade 3 to spark a Miami run in the 3rd quarter).

How/why is it 'hate' to point out the obvious, that both the eye-test and advanced stats support?
                    Can you imagine Lowry reading this post.

I imagine it would get a similar response to what KD did at the press conference when asked about Mark Cuban saying Westbrook isn't a superstar.

Last edited by special1; Mon May 16, 2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Honestly I don't care about your opinion of Demar. You never liked the guy... Let's be honest.

You started slightly liking him after he had an incredible regular season.... Let's be honest.

It was soooo easy and probably pleasurable for you to list all the reasons why he sucks. But none of that matters.

If Masai wants him back, If Kyle wants him back, if Casey wants him back..... Then I guess they are all idiots too. lol
                      settle down man. i've defended demar a lot before, while still being able to criticize him. i'm the one who said that despite what everyone says about playoff basketball, he still averaged more in the brooklyn series in FTs then he did in the regular season (therefore still having his one elite skill be useful in the post-season)

but these past couple of series vs pacers and heat? you gotta be fucking kidding me if you're trying to convince anyone with a sane mind that demar was actually good for us.

theres a reason he had to sit out an entire 4th quarter vs the pacers in order for us to win.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        pointing out Luol Deng's impact to justify Demar's defensive capabilities is just wrong. Deng was a broken down and abnged up 4th option of that team. if anything, the way they attacked Demar in pick and rolls is more evidence how bad Demar is defensively. How is this even a discussion?

look dude, Demar brings alota valuable ,usually unnoticed, intangibles to the team, a marvelous teammate and the ultimate professional you can ask for in this league and it has positive impact on the team which drives the team as a whole but to say Demar played good basketball is just stupid. No he didn't. But still we won. move on. Don't put him on a pedestal for the team's achievement.
                        Who's putting him on a pedestal? I take issue with some people saying he contributed nothing and that he didn't help the team win.

The playoffs didn't start well, but he showed up when it mattered. Can't take that away.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                          Go compare Deng's 1st round numbers to his 2nd round numbers. Two different players.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Can you imagine Lowry reading this post.

I imagine it would get a similar response to what KD did at the press conference when asked about Mark Cuban saying Westbrook isn't a superstar.

Too bad I can't post the gif....Can someone do it for me?
                            Do you really think the other players are that ignorant? DeRozan scored some points and the team won, but the story beyond that is pretty ugly. What do you think gets said when the team reviews film and/or the stat sheets?

What that I said was inaccurate and/or unfair?

Comment

Even Jack was getting on DeRozan during game #7, for his poor shot selection, forcing his own offense, not involving his teammates, etc...

- Lowry
                              - Biyombo

Because people don't want to hear it. All they see is that the Raptors are winning. Virtually every analyst that isn't on the MLSE payroll is lamenting the Raptors lack of offensive ingenuity, defensive lapses, and poor shot-selection. These aren't people that are making these things up. That said, there are those within Raptors fandom that will never say an ill word about DeRozan no matter how inefficient or foolish his decision-making is. Every conceivable advanced metric points to him being a negative over the course of the playoffs, and the eye-test doesn't help his case either.

Comment

Lowry and DeMar on court together: 76-57 (+19) in 31 minutes together, +32 net rating.

Lowry on court without DeMar: 25-14 (+11) in 10 minutes, +65 net rating.

DeMar on court without Lowry: 10-15 (-5) in 4 minutes, -63 net rating.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X