Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'm not calling him a stopper but, its obvious with the way Deng shot in general throughout the series that the narrative of DD not playing any D is false. Nothing wrong with the stats I used there legit.
    It's not obvious at all. That's why the discussion is on-going.

Comment

I'm not calling him a stopper but, its obvious with the way Deng shot in general throughout the series that the narrative of DD not playing any D is false. Nothing wrong with the stats I used there legit.
      Fair enough. Sure DeMar gets overcriticized, but I do think his defence has been worse than what we saw in the regular season. I think he let missing shots get to his head and he focused so much on getting his points that his game fell off in other areas. He did get a bit better through round 2, hopefully he continues to find himself.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It's not obvious at all. That's why the discussion is on-going.
        Well it's good it went from a fact to a discussion now.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Fair enough. Sure DeMar gets overcriticized, but I do think his defence has been worse than what we saw in the regular season. I think he let missing shots get to his head and he focused so much on getting his points that his game fell off in other areas. He did get a bit better through round 2, hopefully he continues to find himself.
          I feel like that was more so in round 1. In round 2 he was good(not great) on D and the numbers reflect that.

In general DD overall was better in the second round than he was in the first. Which I excepted with him not being guarded by PG. I think the trend will continue especially if JR is guarding him the majority of the time. Our two All-stars seem to be playing better as the playoffs go on. That really good news for us.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I feel like that was more so in round 1. In round 2 he was good(not great) on D and the numbers reflect that.

In general DD overall was better in the second round than he was in the first. Which I excepted with him not being guarded by PG. I think the trend will continue especially if JR is guarding him the majority of the time. Our two All-stars seem to be playing better as the playoffs go on. That really good news for us.
            See, here we have common ground. But better doesn't equal good. He scored 155 points on 152 shots and 51 FTA. That's not good.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              See, here we have common ground. But better doesn't equal good. He scored 155 points on 152 shots and 51 FTA. That's not good.
              What you have to hope with Demar is that he is trending in the right direction and that something clicked over the last few games against Miami in that he cuts back on the over dribbling and gets better with the decision-making. There were signs of it during the back-end of the Miami series.

But Cleveland is going to go under screens and just shell the paint against him, so he'll need to take and make some jumpers. As long as they are in the flow of the offense that will be fine.

The other thing that will help is if Carroll and Patterson make some early shots.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                What you have to hope with Demar is that he is trending in the right direction and that something clicked over the last few games against Miami in that he cuts back on the over dribbling and gets better with the decision-making. There were signs of it during the back-end of the Miami series.

But Cleveland is going to go under screens and just shell the paint against him, so he'll need to take and make some jumpers. As long as they are in the flow of the offense that will be fine.

The other thing that will help is if Carroll and Patterson make some early shots.
                The thing that concerns me is that DeMar feasted against Miami in the regular season... he struggled against Cleveland.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Yeah his shot wasn't falling but, he did other things. Got to the line (7.3 FTA/G). He rebounded(5.6 REB vs MIA and played solid D(1.0 STL vs MIA) as the number suggest.

Most of his shooting struggles came on the road where he shot 32.7%. At home

26.0 PTS, 6.5 REB, 2.0 AST, 1.5 STL
                  42.3 FG%, 50.0 3P%
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I think he let missing shots get to his head and he focused so much on getting his points that his game fell off in other areas.
                    Agreed, also the bigger the moment the more he seems to try and force the offence. He needs to relax and let the game come to him much more. Pass, cut, drive and take what the defences give.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Here is hoping Demar comes out with a better game this series. Only way we are gonna compete with the Cavs is if he contributes in every aspect of the game. Hopefully dude makes better decision and pass the ball more than contested long twos. If shots are not falling, have an impact in other areas.

I really hope he has a short memory and put away that two atrocious, disgusting series performance and come out sharp.

Comment

• The thing people need to realize that in the playoffs no one is going to shoot great consistently throughout a series. You have to find a way to win. Durant just went 10/30 last night but he still did other things. DD wasn't doing that in the beginning of the playoffs but, he did it against the Heat. DD has always been a slow starter.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The thing people need to realize that in the playoffs no one is going to shoot great consistently throughout a series. You have to find a way to win. Durant just went 10/30 last night but he still did other things. DD wasn't doing that in the beginning of the playoffs but, he did it against the Heat. DD has always been a slow starter.
                          Lol for real? We are 14 games into the playoffs, more than most teams get, and you are trying to say that he's just a slow starter?

The complaints about DD are mostly not related to his poor shooting percentages; it's his poor decisions, passing, and defence that are largely being discussed.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The thing people need to realize that in the playoffs no one is going to shoot great consistently throughout a series. You have to find a way to win. Durant just went 10/30 last night but he still did other things. DD wasn't doing that in the beginning of the playoffs but, he did it against the Heat. DD has always been a slow starter.
                            We have literally played the maximum amount of games that is possible to play at this point in the playoffs.

In regards to the underlined; this is absolutely true BUT it just makes it even more alarming that no other player that`s played in the playoffs this year has more FGAs than Demar. On any team.

His shooting isn't the only thing that's being talked about. It's everything else that is: decision making, passing, defence, ball stopping ... these are all things that he can control.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Lol for real? We are 14 games into the playoffs, more than most teams get, and you are trying to say that he's just a slow starter?

The complaints about DD are mostly not related to his poor shooting percentages; it's his poor decisions, passing, and defence that are largely being discussed.
                              His defense wasn't poor. He could of taken better shots but, I see a lot of his teammates giving him the ball with like 8 seconds on the shot clock. What else is he going to do? He definitely has some improvements to make but, he has been as bad as people are making it out to be.

As long as half of his shots are coming from in the paint and his playing solid defense I'm good with that. His not a natural facilitator. The playoffs isn't the place to try things that don't come natural to you. His kept his turnovers down as well.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Game one expert DD forecast:

Comment

Working...
                                X