Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    We have literally played the maximum amount of games that is possible to play at this point in the playoffs.

In regards to the underlined; this is absolutely true BUT it just makes it even more alarming that no other player that`s played in the playoffs this year has more FGAs than Demar. On any team.

His shooting isn't the only thing that's being talked about. It's everything else that is: decision making, passing, defence, ball stopping ... these are all things that he can control.
    Just replied to this in the post above.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      His defense wasn't poor. He could of taken better shots but, I see a lot of his teammates giving him the ball with like 8 seconds on the shot clock. What else is he going to do? He definitely has some improvements to make but, he has been as bad as people are making it out to be.

As long as half of his shots are coming from in the paint and his playing solid defense I'm good with that. His not a natural facilitator. The playoffs isn't the place to try things that don't come natural to you. His kept his turnovers down as well.
      The issue here of course is that neither of these things are true.

In regards to the underlined; he's shown this season that he can be one. It's what helped make this his best season to date. He's NOT doing this in the playoffs. He's doubled down on shooting as much and as often as he possibly can.

It's very easy to keep your turnovers down when you don't pass the ball. Missed shots early in the shot clock or heavily into traffic don't count as turnovers. Functionally; they are.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The issue here of course is that neither of these things are true.

In regards to the underlined; he's shown this season that he can be one. It's what helped make this his best season to date. He's NOT doing this in the playoffs. He's doubled down on shooting as much and as often as he possibly can.

It's very easy to keep your turnovers down when you don't pass the ball.
        DD is only taking 3 more shots a game than he did during the season. Regular season 17.7 playoffs 20.7. Which would make sense since JV is out now.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His defense wasn't poor. He could of taken better shots but, I see a lot of his teammates giving him the ball with like 8 seconds on the shot clock. What else is he going to do? He definitely has some improvements to make but, he has been as bad as people are making it out to be.

As long as half of his shots are coming from in the paint and his playing solid defense I'm good with that. His not a natural facilitator. The playoffs isn't the place to try things that don't come natural to you. His kept his turnovers down as well.
          His defence was poor. When he wasn't getting blown by, he was taking careless gambles (and losing) giving up unnecessary easy looks.

He has controlled the ball on many possessions, so I don't buy that he's the victim of his teammates giving him the ball late. He is forcing shots and taking bad contested midrange jumpers. No excuses for that.

He played his best games looking for his teammates this season, now you are saying that he can't do that and we shouldn't expect more than 1 assist from 42% usage?

His turnovers per game as the same as the regular season (well 0.1 higher actually), so he has maintained that one aspect while getting half as many assists. Kudos.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DD is only taking 3 more shots a game than he did during the season. Regular season 17.7 playoffs 20.7. Which would make sense since JV is out now.
            ...JV's presence had very little to do with the amount of shots DeMar has been taking.

And what is more important than just the increase in overall shots ... are the locations of said shots. Demar didn't become a better shooter this season; he got smarter with WHERE he was shooting the ball.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              His defence was poor. When he wasn't getting blown by, he was taking careless gambles (and losing) giving up unnecessary easy looks.

He has controlled the ball on many possessions, so I don't buy that he's the victim of his teammates giving him the ball late. He is forcing shots and taking bad contested midrange jumpers. No excuses for that.

He played his best games looking for his teammates this season, now you are saying that he can't do that and we shouldn't expect more than 1 assist from 42% usage?

His turnovers per game as the same as the regular season (well 0.1 higher actually), so he has maintained that one aspect while getting half as many assists. Kudos.
              There's also the part where it's late in a shot clock that he's wasted where it is HE who gives the ball away to a teammate; hoping to be bailed out.

Comment

There's also the part where it's late in a shot clock that he's wasted where it is HE who gives the ball away to a teammate; hoping to be bailed out.
                Oh, those are supposed to be assists but his teammates keep missing those shots
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yes his gotten blown by. I don't think there's one play on this team who hasn't gotten blown by. He gambled on steal and lost. His had moments where his been disruptive in the passing lanes as well.

DFG%

Overall - 37.2%
                  3 Pointers - 26.7%
                  2 Pointers - 42.9%

That's far from poor. He started bad but his be trending upwards the whole playoffs.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yes his gotten blown by. I don't think there's one play on this team who hasn't gotten blown by. He gambled on steal and lost. His had moments where his been disruptive in the passing lanes as well.

DFG%

Overall - 37.2%
                    3 Pointers - 26.7%
                    2 Pointers - 42.9%

That's far from poor. He started bad but his be trending upwards the whole playoffs
                    The bold is very true but it'd be almost impossible for him to have actually played worse.

Comment

• The struggles of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan have been well documented, but it appears that Kyle has finally found his form. Even though he’s playing better, Toronto still has almost no margin for error. For the Raptors to be competitive, they can’t have any more slumps from Kyle and DeMar. Both of those guys need to play like All-Stars and shoot close to 50% from the floor. It’s also crucial for both of them get to the line 6-12 times per game. This is particularly true for DeRozan. I wish Jonas Valanciunas or hell, even Drake, would stage an intervention and tell him that there are plenty of better options than the contested, off the bounce, 20 footer. Just saying.
                      From: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sha...inals-preview/

By Shane Battier.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Who the hell is Shane Battier, does he know what basketball is? obviously he is hating on Derozan.

Comment

• Shane Battier should be coaching. Probably only a matter of time.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• We all wish Demar would significantly cut down the contested long two's......

It drives EVERYONE crazy. it should be a last resort and if he keeps that in mind, he'll be fine.

He did a much better job in the regular season and I'm hoping it's just a case of bad habits being hard to kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its not a matter of believing the bolded bit though ... its factually happens several times every game, where Demar is forced to create with like 4 seconds on the clock. Not saying those are solely responsible for his inefficient shooting, but to ignore or say it doesn't happen just isn't true.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Its not a matter of believing the bolded bit though ... its factually happens several times every game, where Demar is forced to create with like 4 seconds on the clock. Not saying those are solely responsible for his inefficient shooting, but to ignore or say it doesn't happen just isn't true.
                                I don't know how anyone can honestly believe that DeMar is a victim in any way of system or circumstance within an offense that is built around him getting his 20+ FGA's no matter how poor the shots are. If anything, he's demonstrated a woefully bleak understanding of how to generate good looks for others.

Comment

Working...
                                X