Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    The struggles of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan have been well documented, but it appears that Kyle has finally found his form. Even though he’s playing better, Toronto still has almost no margin for error. For the Raptors to be competitive, they can’t have any more slumps from Kyle and DeMar. Both of those guys need to play like All-Stars and shoot close to 50% from the floor. It’s also crucial for both of them get to the line 6-12 times per game. This is particularly true for DeRozan. I wish Jonas Valanciunas or hell, even Drake, would stage an intervention and tell him that there are plenty of better options than the contested, off the bounce, 20 footer. Just saying.

From: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sha...inals-preview/

By Shane Battier.
    So is Battier a hater too? Is he out to criticize DeMar at every turn? This isn't rocket science. When you have defenders swarming you, its a good idea to pass.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
      I don't know how anyone can honestly believe that DeMar is a victim in any way of system or circumstance within an offense that is built around him getting his 20+ FGA's no matter how poor the shots are. If anything, he's demonstrated a woefully bleak understanding of how to generate good looks for others.
      I never called him a victim ... I simply stated that sometimes his hand is forced. A lot of the time, it is not, but sometimes, as I said generally at least a few time every game, it is. And to say otherwise is not true. That's all.

If we want to talk the number of shots he takes, then that should be a conversation for the Casey thread no? Caseys only got like 4 plays he goes to .. and they pretty much all involve giving the ball to ______ and moving out of the way.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue May 17, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I never called him a victim ... I simply stated that sometimes his hand is forced. A lot of the time, is it not, but sometimes, as I said generally at least a few time every game, it is. And to say otherwise in disingenuous.

If we want to talk the number of shots he takes, then that should be a conversation for the Casey thread no? Caseys only got like 4 plays he goes to .. and they pretty much all involve giving the ball to ______ and moving out of the way.
        If it's a Casey thing, though... why does our ball movement get better and assist rate go up when DeMar is off the floor? Happened all season.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

If it's a Casey thing, though... why does our ball movement get better and assist rate go up when DeMar is off the floor? Happened all season.
          ... because Casey likes to give the ball to Demar? I don't know man, I guess that's the conversation, no? Lol

When his guy isn't on the floor, the guys move it around. When he is, he likes to use him. Clearly. I think part of Demars game, generates a lot of our Offensive Rebounds, which IS a good thing, and it also generates fouls, which helps the WHOLE team by taking their players off the floor, and putting our guys on the line in the bonus .. when its working. So there are benefits, however minor, to his style of play that Casey seems to like. Whether I agree with it or not, is another story.

But again, if it was JUST Demar making the decision to say "Screw the team, I'm doing myself" then I would agree with you guys, and we would have seen some action to the bench if the Coaching staff disagreed with it. In my mind its pretty damn clear that in those huddles, Casey is saying "c'mon Demar, you can do this, go get this for us". Just my opinion and how I see things.

*not saying he doesn't do boneheaded shit. Of course he does.
          Last edited by Joey; Tue May 17, 2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
            So is Battier a hater too? Is he out to criticize DeMar at every turn? This isn't rocket science. When you have defenders swarming you, its a good idea to pass.
            You don't need to convince us. You need to convince DeMar.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Its not a matter of believing the bolded bit though ... its factually happens several times every game, where Demar is forced to create with like 4 seconds on the clock. Not saying those are solely responsible for his inefficient shooting, but to ignore or say it doesn't happen just isn't true.
              Well it was raised as a defence for his poor decision making on the court. Can you honestly say that the number of times that Demar received the ball late in the shot clock has in any way impacted his decision making or even the perception of his decision making?

I would say not. The worst decisions by him are early on in the shot clock, so late clock situations don't really factor in too much in my assessment of his poor decisions, because him getting the ball late with no options is on the offence as a whole (so Casey).
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

... because Casey likes to give the ball to Demar? I don't know man, I guess that's the conversation, no? Lol

When his guy isn't on the floor, the guys move it around. When he is, he likes to use him. Clearly. I think part of Demars game, generates a lot of our Offensive Rebounds, which IS a good thing, and it also generates fouls, which helps the WHOLE team by taking their players off the floor, and putting our guys on the line in the bonus .. when its working. So there are benefits, however minor, to his style of play that Casey seems to like. Whether I agree with it or not, is another story.

But again, if it was JUST Demar making the decision to say "Screw the team, I'm doing myself" then I would agree with you guys, and we would have seen some action to the bench if the Coaching staff disagreed with it. In my mind its pretty damn clear that in those huddles, Casey is saying "c'mon Demar, you can do this, go get this for us". Just my opinion and how I see things.

*not saying he doesn't do boneheaded shit. Of course he does.
                In the regular season, we had a 24.4% OREB% when DeMar sat, and a 24.7% OREB% when DeMar played. Sure doesn't seem like he's driving our offensive rebounds...
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  In the regular season, we had a 24.4% OREB% when DeMar sat, and a 24.7% OREB% when DeMar played. Sure doesn't seem like he's driving our offensive rebounds...
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that stat says nothing about the Rate of Offensive Rebounds generated... it simply gives the percentage we grabbed as a team that were available to us, no?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that stat says nothing about the Rate of Offensive Rebounds generated... it simply gives the percentage we grabbed as a team that were available to us, no?
                    So... you're asking if we miss more shots when DeMar's on the floor, and trying to present that as a positive?
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

So... you're asking if we miss more shots when DeMar's on the floor, and trying to present that as a positive?
                      Not asking, no. But absolutely, its basically a pass to the basket. Lol

Comment

Not asking, no. But absolutely, its basically a pass to the basket. Lol
                        Not sure if serious?

If serious, the standards have fallen so far that we're trying to find positive from him missing. At some point, you just have to call a spade a spade and come to the conclusion that he's nowhere close to being a max player.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Not sure if serious?

If serious, the standards have fallen so far that we're trying to find positive from him missing. At some point, you just have to call a spade a spade and come to the conclusion that he's nowhere close to being a max player.
                          Half serious I guess. Lol And whats wrong with trying to find some silver lining? Especially considering that we are in Eastern Conference Finals.

And I actually agree with the bolded.. I don't think he is a Max player. Doesn't mean he's not going to get it though. If not from us, then someone else.

Comment

Half serious I guess. Lol And whats wrong with trying to find some silver lining? Especially considering that we are in Eastern Conference Finals.

And I actually agree with the bolded.. I don't think he is a Max player. Doesn't mean he's not going to get it though. If not from us, then someone else.
                            We are in the Eastern Conference Finals because Demar Derozan missed all those shots. Great.
                            You refrained me from using that word. That word applies here but im not gonna use it.

Comment

Which is really the crucial concern, are we going to resign a player based on what others are willing to pay him and hope that the regular season (one season) Demar is who we get and not the playoffs and multiple other season Demar we've been watching.

After the regular season, we were all reasonably confident and comfortable (to a degree) regarding Demar being back at a pretty near max salary. Now?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wishing our boy a great game and great series.
                                This series is huge for his development and hopefully, next year, this experience will make him even better in Raptors uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X